+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PATCH RELEASED (v1.03b)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

TKEO here and trying in vain to reinstall, steam busy try again!!!
    Last edited by STGeorge; 17-02-2012 at 21:27.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    War of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Upped the length of truces to 10 years (from 3)
    Very much overkill, it'd take 150 years to take merely Asia Minor back which was lost in 10 years. Sounds like it's going to be very boring now..
    The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise. - Tacitus

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

- Diplo AI: Will not declare religious wars for overseas territories that de jure belong to an independent duke or king of its own faith

Like likey!

Quote Originally Posted by rudders10 View Post
    I installed my game from disc (boxed set. Still at 1.2B. Do i have to download the patch manually as I have boxed set or will steam automatically download it for me?
    From what I understand, the boxed copies are identical to the Steam version, so yes, the next time you'll run Steam, it will update the game for you. This sometimes takes a few minutes, but it's automatic and will eventually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Clendor;1345W3658
    yesyes, but when I'm a simple count with a 2-digit treasury, it's quite impossible to deal with rebles when they pop up.
    Welcome to the challenge of being a simple count. You actually had to fear the rebels. If you're a count with a rebellious population you better lower taxes or get some muscle behind you to deal with them. Otherwise they will throw you out.

Also, I believe if the rebels completely take a province, after a while they loot the place and then disband. I don't think they perma-lock a country. I seem to recall an issue where one of my territories was separated from the HRE and just perma-spawned rebels so I just said "screw it" and worked on conquering the intervening lands rather then parking my mercenaries permanently in house.

Anyway, they had completely taken over the province for a year or so and then disappeared with a pop up that said they looted the place (it got all the nasty conquered traits). But because of feature/bug they spawned immediately again

Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
    From what I understand, the boxed copies are identical to the Steam version, so yes, the next time you'll run Steam, it will update the game for you. This sometimes takes a few minutes, but it's automatic and will eventually happen.
    WHat do you mean "run steam". Everytime i start the game it is still 1.2. I checked on steam and it said the 1.3 patch is there. Do I just have to wait... Arrghhh, Or is there a way to force steam to update it for me?
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

First Lieutenant thedarkclown85's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by kingsword View Post
    Very much overkill, it'd take 150 years to take merely Asia Minor back which was lost in 10 years. Sounds like it's going to be very boring now..
    Yeah this seems like way too much! I think 3 years is ok, or maybe even 5 but 10 is just insane!

Nice!

The launcher is working fine for me, click check for update.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    Anyone tested savegame compatibility with the release version?

Im hesitant to apply the patch, I have a game in progress I dont want to ruin.
    I had a building disappear after it finished construction.
    Its basically....Beta-patches will be for computer-literate people.

Tax this dude into space!
    Glory For The House Of Wittelsbach (Veritas et Fortitudo)
    For Greater Glory: The House of Wittlesbach
    The Royal House of Bavaria

Quote Originally Posted by rudders10 View Post
    WHat do you mean "run steam". Everytime i start the game it is still 1.2. I checked on steam and it said the 1.3 patch is there. Do I just have to wait... Arrghhh, Or is there a way to force steam to update it for me?
    It is possible that Steam hasn't distributed the patch to you yet. Make sure that Steam isn't in offline mode.

There is an alternative, too: The patch seems to produce incorrect checksums for Steam installations, and the recommended solution is to re-install the game. So this is something you could do since you might need (want) to do it anyway. To remove CK2 (but not your save games), right-click on "Crusader Kings 2" in your Steam library and select "delete local content". Then just press "install". It's about 400 MB to download (not 800 as it claims), so this should be quick for most people.

This should give you the 1.03b version with the correct checksum (KUHM).

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Clendor View Post
    yesyes, but when I'm a simple count with a 2-digit treasury, it's quite impossible to deal with rebles when they pop up.
    This is the classic design conundrum in all Paradox games - whether to make the game playable by even the weakest of nations or to make the game fun for the powerful nations. I prefer the latter.

Yes, it's very hard to play as an independent Count. But making it too easy will only ruin the game for everyone else.

The best advice is to avoid revolts in the first place.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Ok my unmoded Gamersgate version I had the game is up to date message, but the direct link worked nice with correct check sum. Very nice additions with this patch. The only odd thing was in the store the music dlc was gone.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    The only odd thing was in the store the music dlc was gone.
    There was a post from Johan where he said that the music DLC wasn't meant to be released just yet, so GG probably took it down until Paradox releases it officially (then also on Steam).

First Lieutenant thedarkclown85's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    There was a bug where the AI would surrender at very low war scores (like 8%) just because its levies were depleted. This does not make sense for big powerful states.
    I really hope this dosent mean that its now like in eu3 where you have to completly destroy the ai before it would give up a single province!
    From what ive seen so far in the demo and from friends playing it seems like the ai is for once willing to make peace when you beat them (they have no money and levies are depleated) even if you warscore is relativly low. I REALLY like this feature and I pray to all gods that this "bug fix" has not ruined it...ofc I can see that big countries should not surender if they still have standing armies and/or mercs, but if they are "completly beaten" as it says in the note, they really should be willing to surender even at low scores

10 year truces? Whoa.

Second Lieutenant tingerman5273's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

Thanks Paradox! :-)

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"There is a direct link to the GamersGate patch in the Tech Support forum"

I dont see any threads for tech support in the CK2 forums

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa43 View Post
    I dont see any threads for tech support in the CK2 forums
    You need to register you copy of the game first. On the top, go to "My Games", scroll down to CK2 and type in your serial key.

10 Year truces? Why not 5? Amping it up and over 300% in one patch does seem a bit of over the top. Oh well, guess I'll find out how it plays first, but on a first hand whim it seems like a bit much.

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

not sure how to feel about this. half the changes appeal to me, while the rest make me afraid the game has been crippled.

when I read that it's no longr "too easy" to steal skilled sourtiers from foreign courts, I get worried that they made it too close to impossible. and 10 year truces? sheesh... 3 was a little fast, but 5 would have been just fine. and completely beaten AI not surrendering "too easily?" that scares me too.
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast