• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome! thanks for the great work

Will there be a .zip of the patch (my gaming pc stands at home, without internet-connection)?

its an exe, it can be installed anywhere

If you try to marry some random (i.e. not your relative) lady in your court matrilineally to a foreign courtier, his liege will refuse.

I can still get it to work within my own realm right? Sometimes I like to keep a minor dynasty alive (like the Hvide of Denmark) and if they produce female heirs I have to do something to help keep ther dynasty alive. The AI sometimes seems a bit too willing to give up their dynasty (Mathilda of Tuscany I'm looking at you).

I can still get it to work within my own realm right? Sometimes I like to keep a minor dynasty alive (like the Hvide of Denmark) and if they produce female heirs I have to do something to help keep ther dynasty alive. The AI sometimes seems a bit too willing to give up their dynasty (Mathilda of Tuscany I'm looking at you).

It works with your own other courtiers, but not the courtiers of your vassals.

Same problem with GG, game saying up to date.

I am now sorted out and successfully updated, GG version, thanks for your help guys!

For other noobs like me---> FYI- there are two exe files in CKII. They are ck2.exe and ck2game.exe. In my case, I was using the wrong shortcut to launch the game on my desktop. I was using a shortcut to ck2.exe, because it showed the cool crusader shield avatar. This would "launch" the game, but it wouldn't "launch" the game launcher so thus no update.

Once I clicked on ck2game.exe, the one with the black Paradox avatar, the actual game launcher was activated and viola! I had the option to patch and have done so.

Regards,

Gumby

- Diplo AI: Will not declare religious wars for overseas territories that de jure belong to an independent duke or king of its own faith

What exactly does this mean and what does it do in the game? Presumably it's to stop things like the Kaiser sending 20k men to start sieging villages in Närke a month after Erik the Heathen wins the civil war, but could you clarify what's implied with them not doing it to "De Jure Dukes or Kings of that faith"? Isn't that all of them?

What exactly does this mean and what does it do in the game? Presumably it's to stop things like the Kaiser sending 20k men to start sieging villages in Närke a month after Erik the Heathen wins the civil war, but could you clarify what implications them not doing it to "De Jure Dukes or Kings of that faith"? Isn't that all of them?

Basically, don't worry about it. It's just a slight behaviour tweak.

- Diplo AI: Will not allow matrilineal marriages with unimportant characters
- Diplo AI: Will say no to marriages that would make valuable courtiers (councillors) move
- Diplo AI: Will be reluctant to let skilled courtiers move to marry
- Diplo AI: Will not declare religious wars for overseas territories that de jure belong to an independent duke or king of its own faith
- Invasion AI: Better at not disembarking into an enemy army
- Invasion AI: Fixed an issue with pointless counter-invasions
- Boosted the strength of peasant rebel units by 50%
- Upped the length of truces to 10 years (from 3)
- Raised mercenary hire costs a little bit

Thanks! These have already been bothering me. Matrilineal marriages were such an exploit! And I look forward to not seeing French Spain.
- Invasion AI: Should now understand how to target peasant rebels
Does this mean that my dukes will actually stop rebels in their territory without my interventions?

- Invasion AI: Will now load armies in port when possible, in order to avoid loading armies onto the wrong fleets
I didn't know you could do this! I tried and and was unsuccessful. I will try again.

Did a fix for the Messaging System make in to this patch?