• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"The Steam servers are currently to busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes."

:sad:

Edit: Got it working. Restarted Steam and it started to download.

Edit2: Time Remaining: 46 minutes and...

But my girlfriend have to work all weekend, so I have plenty of free-time to play. :D

Thanks for the patch!

Last edited:
Kudos to Paradox, this seems like a good patch from the notes. If we can get this level of quality control on release plus Paradox's usual post-release support I think they will have the strategy game market sewn up for a long time.

Agreed. After having been known for tons of small bugfixes that needed many, many patches, Paradox has really cleaned up its act and its code in Sengoku and CK2. I have to wonder what internal procedures were instituted to change this, and whether it's coincidental or otherwise that a visual uplift occurred at the same time. (Not that graphics make a game like this. Just saying.)

It means that a defender who enforces his demands gets a load of prestige, as well as war reparations (a lot of gold) from the losing attacker.
This is a huge improvement, thanks for all the hard work , you guys are doing an excellent job.

edit - well just not for that single item. Thanks for coming up with such a grand game, for patching fast, and hearing the feedback in general.

Either way, they better get used to to hearing the "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" meme if they keep up this level of polish. The next step is having a good QA department for the third-party software they publish, refusing to put their name to it until/unless the initial release is up to snuff (Sword of the Stars 2 comes to mind).

Agreed. After having been known for tons of small bugfixes that needed many, many patches, Paradox has really cleaned up its act and its code in Sengoku and CK2. I have to wonder what internal procedures were instituted to change this, and whether it's coincidental or otherwise that a visual uplift occurred at the same time. (Not that graphics make a game like this. Just saying.)

Not to mention the SERIOUS improvements since hoi3 was released.

Also, speaking of SHUT UP TAKE MY MONEY, when is the next DLCs coming out? Im ready to pay up.

For DLC, I would recommend having polls on most desired features. Don't keep us in the dark, give us choices on DLC so we can get the most popular choices first and that way fund the way for more and more DLC.

This checksum issue is a pretty annoying problem, because there is no way a customer who doesn't read forums (the majority I imagine) is going to be aware that this is a problem at all.