• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably not much going by Mean Girls.

It's hard to say Sengoku is better than CK2, it looks like a beta version. The interface pales in comparison, there are no pictures of children, nothing stops blobs from eating smaller players since there is no CB system or even peace deals, there are only 3 positions in the court rather than 5, there aren't as many events, diplomatic options are much simpler, etc.

CKII is definitely a more complete game, but I'd hardly say the interface pales in comparison. I thought the Sengoku gui was really nice looking, and perfectly-suited music to go with the game. Sure it's not as complex, but it has definite worth. As others have said, it's a shorter game than CKII, and by shorter I don't mean 4\5 hours total gameplay. It is nice though, playing, knowing you can complete the game by the end of the weekend if you so choose.

Sengoku has much more of a wild start to it, which is also fitting of that era of Japanese history. You can play as the same clan five times in a row, and the game will unfold wildly different each time. A great amount of luck is needed in the beginning, after which, your careful decisions and plotting finally holds weight.

The contents of the school book about the world history is divided into the Asian (Chinese, Indian and the Near East) parts and Western (Europe and the Americas) part, so at least the half of the Japanese students had to know who are Caesar and Charlemagne although they had nothing to do with the contemporary Japan (so just to know deeper how Europe has developed), and we had to learn almost all of the Indian, Muslim and Chinese dynasties and their era.
One time on my flight back from Japan I was sitting next to a high school kid studying a world history school book, and asked to have a look. I of course couldn't read it, but based on pictures and maps it seemed to have very good coverage about both Western and Muslim, Indian and Chinese history. I was pretty jealous about how much it covered. In Finland we always had the world outside of Europe covered in just side notes, until Japan and China got their own chapters for Meiji Restoration and the end of Qing-dynasty.

Also, I had funny moment last time in Japan, when a girl I had met in Japan knew who Augustus was, but Canadian and American guys we were hanging with had no idea. :D