• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2uf85k9.jpg

They revolted from the Ottoman Empire in 1905. I had nothing to do with it.

Austria completely collapsed in my first 2.31 game after spending a few years 100% occupied, defeated by an alliance between Prussia, Italy and the Ottomans. Hungary broke off (just the central regions), got allied with Russia and took Alfold, Slovakia and Vojvodina. Following that, Czechoslavia, Lombardia and Venetia broke off while Austria was busy alternating between communism, democracy and bourgeois dictatorship. Italy managed to absorb most of its historical territory, only to collapse more or less back into the city-states of 1836 later on after four failed wars with France and Germany. Also, in the same game, the ACW never happened, USCA collapsed, Russia actually conquered the central asian states and Ottomans took all of the Levant. :blink:

Well, there are quite a few i've never seen before. Only thing I did was to defeat Communist USA once and taking New England and New York. I only had 36% winscore and they just dissolved.

akiy2v.jpg
[/IMG]

Not really a different country but France and Belgium went communist with a red star in their tri colour. Pretty cool.

In my first serious game in V2 as USA, Italy and North German Federation formed very quickly - in first several years. Then NGF formed German Empire.
Cuba revolted from Spain and Gran Colombia revolted from Colombia leaving it as one province country in the middle of Gran Colombia...

I think it would make a lot of sense for Cuba to be rare without intervention. In OTL Cuba didn't form without USA's assistance.

Have you considered that it taking so long for Cuba to successfully declare independence (not "form") was a freak occurrence?

Of course! Everything in history is a "freak occurrence". The idea that 13 disjointed colonies, who wanted nothing to do with each other, could come together and defeat the world-spanning superpower of their day, Great Britain, and then do so again 32 years later and eventually, surviving civil war, surpass that world-spanning superpower, would be and is a "freak occurrence".

Of course! Everything in history is a "freak occurrence".
Uh. That's not true.

The idea that 13 disjointed colonies, who wanted nothing to do with each other, could come together and defeat the world-spanning superpower of their day, Great Britain, and then do so again 32 years later and eventually, surviving civil war, surpass that world-spanning superpower, would be and is a "freak occurrence".
Oh man, this is just like being in undergrad politics classes with Americans - you always want to compare everything to the United States.