• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I saw an Armenia break free from a languishing bourgeoisie dictatorship Russia. They had three states, and the Ottomans rushed in and took two, one of which Russia took back. But, 20 years later, Armenia is still independent.

ive only had the game a short while and ive seen,
Cuba
Azerbaijan
Armenia or Georgia (i think)
Zanzibar
Philippines
Wallonia
South Africa went independent but i dunno if thats rare.

I haven't seen many nations rebel away before AHD.
Just yesterday Spain collapsed and spat out Cuba, Philippines and Peurto Rico whilst becoming an bourgeois dictatorship. Later on Iceland broke away from Denmark.
Since I was playing the US, I took Cuba and Peurto Rico whilst no one noticed they were there.
Thats still an improvement over my normal experience of nothing ever breaking away.

Prior to AHD, I would try to beat up UK as Germany and after multiple invasions of the British Isles they would get exorbitantly high WE. It seems the AI would release its dominions in that case which would frequently lead to independent Canada, South Africa, and Australia. I haven't seen this all that much in AHD mostly because war is not as conveniently declared.

Saw Romania recently without having done anything to encourage it. Somehow, some Romanian rebels in Moldavia must have been left unnoticed while the Ottomans were fighting Russia who wanted to get Georgia back (which they had lost in an attempt to get Kars when they were countered by Turkish allies Prussia and Austria). Romania was still a puppet of the Ottomans though...

EDIT: Since this ive seen:
ive only had the game a short while and ive seen,
Cuba
Azerbaijan
Armenia or Georgia (i think)
Zanzibar
Philippines
Wallonia
Manhatten
Newfoundland
New England.

Ive now also defeinatly seen Armenia and Georgia.
Crimera

In my non-modded games, I've seen Bohemia-Moravia (revolted from Austria), California (revolted from Mexico as a freaking Monarchy), Kurdistan (revolted from the Ottomans), and Quebec (revolted from Canada).