• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Babylon?!?!?! How the hell did that happen?
Well, I got in a war with the Ottoman Empire early on and made them release everything releaseable in 20 years. Iraq was kinda doing nothing during the game until the Persians got bankrupt, they took some regions, westernized and they somehow managed to get a weak 8th spot for a while. The only thing it had to do with me was that I finished off the Ottoman Empire. And the fact that I was bored mid-game and decided to go against Europe, weakening them considerably.

NOTE: This is patch 1.4 I don't have AHD.

Saw Kurdistan on the Pop demand mod

For stuff I had no direct involvement in...

I've seen Brittany a couple of times when France has fallen apart. Occitan too but Brittany usually survives while Occitan was quickly reconquered.

Rhineland liberated from Prussia (or was it NGF?)

Netherlands lose control of east indies and Java emerge.

China split in half, with "Heavenly Kingdom" forming initially with just a few rich coastal states and basically getting into a prolonged civil war with the old empire, grabbing a few states with each treaty until they had 80% of China.

Lots of weird south american countries & unions but I don't really pay attention to that area.

Norway, Latvia, Panama and Carpathia. I admit I had to look up the last one. :p

Though most of the time, I don't see any new countries appearing on the map at all. The advent of nationalism doesn't seem to be a problem for the big empires - Russia gets the occasional uprising, but everywhere else, the people are apparently quite happy to assimilate peacefully. Gameplay-wise, I'd find it more interesting to see the imperialist colossi struggle to keep their nations together, especially the multi-ethnic states (Austria, Russia, Ottomans, UK); can anyone give me pointers on whether A House Divided changes this?

It's strange because countries that should be frequent sights are usually rather obscure in this game. Case in point: I've never, ever seen Poland form either by itself or through other nations' diplomatic meddling. Obviously, this makes it impossible for Poland to invent rocket science and pioneer galactic exploration in the 20th century.

Unless, of course, fate smiles upon those who dream big and live humbly...

7slsG.png