• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bought CK2 today, is it possible to ultimately "annex" your vassals so you dont have to bother about their opinion anymore? :) How do you do it?

Do you want to not play the game? Because this game is completely built around vassals and dealing with them. You can play without vassals, but only if you remain small enough that you don't have to use them.

@Sleight: Thanks. The tooltip in the Laws screen is quite ambiguous as to who it applies.

Bought CK2 today, is it possible to ultimately "annex" your vassals so you dont have to bother about their opinion anymore? :) How do you do it?

Imprision and Banish every single vassal, it takes a while as many will revolt, and then every will hate you, but you can imprison and banish them too and then get new people who like you. And you will own all your kingdom, but probably face many rebels.

With small kingdoms its workable though.

you can only hold a certain amount of land in your personal demesne without penalty. If you go above this you a) suffer a tax penalty b) suffer a relations hit c) cause criminal buildings to pop up and other bad events.

You increase this level by increasing your stewardship. a) get your heir a stewardship education (prefferably Midas touched) b) marry someone with the highest stewardship skill c) get a good steward. With a decent stewardship skill as a king it is possible to hold 12+ counties. This means that you can own a realm the size of Ireland. You will still need to have Baron level vassals though.

It's possible, but the demesne limit is how many holdings you can direcly control before penalties and problems start to happen from being over limit. You are talking about a trouble-free 7 to 15 holdings (or three to six counties depending how you want to look at it).

You may want to keep bishops and mayors as vassals for the widest spread, holding only your 7-10 demesne holdings as county capitals. That can spread you out to about three or four decent duchies. Bishops and mayors tend not to rebel like lords.

You will have to banish everybody if you want to be significantly larger since the demesne-over-limit opinion penalties will encourage everybody you haven't imprisoned yet to rebel against you. I'll believe it when I see it, but I remember someone claim that you still have tons of money and troops even after all those penalties from being massively over your demesne limit.

There should be the Titular Kingdom of Cyprus.

My ruler is frankish, held the two cyprian counties and the capital Famagusta is catholic. But my Duke cannot create the Kingdom of Cyprus.

Must I first become independent of the ERE? Or anythin else?

Thanks for helping!

A Duke must hold two Ducal titles before he can be eligible to create a Kingdom, maybe?

I try it. But have no success.
There must be a way to be King of Cyprus.

But it depends not on the independency - I have checked this.

The only way to get the King title was to open the save and set k_cyprus instead of d_cyprus. The ducal title is then gone.

There bust be a correct way to become King of Cyprus.
Help please.

Last edited:
I try it. But have no success.
There must be a way to be King of Cyprus.

But it depends not on the independency - I have checked this.

The only way to get the King title was to open the save and set k_cyprus instead of d_cyprus. The ducal title is then gone.

There bust be a correct way to become King of Cyprus.
Help please.

The condition of owning two duchies is correct.

Also, under an empire independence doesn't matter, but if you're vassal to a kingdom, you must become independent to create a kingdom.

I just realized something... Is Cyprus even available to create as a kingdom in game? If not, you need to add it to the game files (like you did by replacing the Duchy title with a Kingdom title in the save, which would be one quick way) or download and play a mod that includes this Kingdom as an option to play with.

edit - Searched the forum real quick and it seems like Cyprus is a createable Kingdom in game, you own the capital and the capital is Catholic, the only requirements listed that I can see. Please ignore this post.

Last edited:
Cyprus is easily creatable.

Hold two Ducal titles.
Do not be vassalised to a King (an Emperor is entirely all right).
Be Catholic.
Hold Famagusta.

Then spend obscene amounts of cash. 800 or so.

You have to obtain a personal claim for multiple counties first. That means moving the chancellor around a target area and having him succeed province by province before declaring war, or if you get really lucky score a claim on a Duchy title (at a lower chance to happen).

The multiple title options should be on the bottom of the list of claims. You may have to scroll down.

You have to obtain a personal claim for multiple counties first. That means moving the chancellor around a target area and having him succeed province by province before declaring war, or if you get really lucky score a claim on a Duchy title (at a lower chance to happen).

The multiple title options should be on the bottom of the list of claims. You may have to scroll down.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was trying to press de jure claims so that'd be why I couldn't :)

Do the greek get a culture building? If not, why not? Do a bunch of cultures not get culture buildings or just the greeks? Seems like an unneccessary advantage for somecultures vs others.

It's possible, but the demesne limit is how many holdings you can direcly control before penalties and problems start to happen from being over limit. You are talking about a trouble-free 7 to 15 holdings (or three to six counties depending how you want to look at it).

You may want to keep bishops and mayors as vassals for the widest spread, holding only your 7-10 demesne holdings as county capitals. That can spread you out to about three or four decent duchies. Bishops and mayors tend not to rebel like lords.

You will have to banish everybody if you want to be significantly larger since the demesne-over-limit opinion penalties will encourage everybody you haven't imprisoned yet to rebel against you. I'll believe it when I see it, but I remember someone claim that you still have tons of money and troops even after all those penalties from being massively over your demesne limit.

There was an exploity thing, where someone held all county capitals (and duchies and kingdoms) for himself as ERE. No taxes due to all 4 criminal buildings in every province, but mayors (and bishops/barons, but most of all mayors) still earned cash, so he'd just imprison-banish them for cash regularly, use the obscene amounts of gold to keep a standing army to put down constant peasant rebellions (due to the 4 criminal buildings). May have been more to it, but that was the main point.

Edit: Also, I don't baron-level landowners ever rebel, regardless of type. Plots, maybe.

Am I missing something or can English units crossing the strait to the Ulster province not be blocked by naval units?