+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 846 FirstFirst ... 21 46 71 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 121 146 171 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 16914

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Persigo bosquimanas por el Kalahari, ye, ye, ye
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmann View Post
    Bought CK2 today, is it possible to ultimately "annex" your vassals so you dont have to bother about their opinion anymore? How do you do it?
    Do you want to not play the game? Because this game is completely built around vassals and dealing with them. You can play without vassals, but only if you remain small enough that you don't have to use them.

@Sleight: Thanks. The tooltip in the Laws screen is quite ambiguous as to who it applies.

ARQUITECTOS: Todos imbéciles. Se olvidan siempre de dónde van las escaleras. -Gustave Flaubert.

Presidente de Checoslovaquia en el juego de foro Paz sin Victoria.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
    @Sleight: Thanks. The tooltip in the Laws screen is quite ambiguous as to who it applies.
    No problem, and yes many of the tooltips could be improved.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Bought CK2 today, is it possible to ultimately "annex" your vassals so you dont have to bother about their opinion anymore? How do you do it?
    Imprision and Banish every single vassal, it takes a while as many will revolt, and then every will hate you, but you can imprison and banish them too and then get new people who like you. And you will own all your kingdom, but probably face many rebels.

With small kingdoms its workable though.
    Nationality: New Zealander One of what we all are, your companion and your friend.
    Religion: Roman Catholic I believe in you my brothers and sisters.
    Ideology: Distributist (I'm bored, so for the time being,) POPULIST.
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship I have no convictions I stand for the People, I stand for You.
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O

68 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    you can only hold a certain amount of land in your personal demesne without penalty. If you go above this you a) suffer a tax penalty b) suffer a relations hit c) cause criminal buildings to pop up and other bad events.

You increase this level by increasing your stewardship. a) get your heir a stewardship education (prefferably Midas touched) b) marry someone with the highest stewardship skill c) get a good steward. With a decent stewardship skill as a king it is possible to hold 12+ counties. This means that you can own a realm the size of Ireland. You will still need to have Baron level vassals though.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

It's possible, but the demesne limit is how many holdings you can direcly control before penalties and problems start to happen from being over limit. You are talking about a trouble-free 7 to 15 holdings (or three to six counties depending how you want to look at it).

You may want to keep bishops and mayors as vassals for the widest spread, holding only your 7-10 demesne holdings as county capitals. That can spread you out to about three or four decent duchies. Bishops and mayors tend not to rebel like lords.

You will have to banish everybody if you want to be significantly larger since the demesne-over-limit opinion penalties will encourage everybody you haven't imprisoned yet to rebel against you. I'll believe it when I see it, but I remember someone claim that you still have tons of money and troops even after all those penalties from being massively over your demesne limit.
    ----
    Voting on November 4, 2014. Happy voting day!

There should be the Titular Kingdom of Cyprus.

My ruler is frankish, held the two cyprian counties and the capital Famagusta is catholic. But my Duke cannot create the Kingdom of Cyprus.

Must I first become independent of the ERE? Or anythin else?

Thanks for helping!

A Duke must hold two Ducal titles before he can be eligible to create a Kingdom, maybe?
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Stolen Rutters View Post
    A Duke must hold two Ducal titles before he can be eligible to create a Kingdom, maybe?
    I try it. But have no success.
    There must be a way to be King of Cyprus.

But it depends not on the independency - I have checked this.

The only way to get the King title was to open the save and set k_cyprus instead of d_cyprus. The ducal title is then gone.

There bust be a correct way to become King of Cyprus.
    Help please.
    Last edited by drususnero; 01-05-2012 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by drususnero View Post
    I try it. But have no success.
    There must be a way to be King of Cyprus.

But it depends not on the independency - I have checked this.

The only way to get the King title was to open the save and set k_cyprus instead of d_cyprus. The ducal title is then gone.

There bust be a correct way to become King of Cyprus.
    Help please.
    The condition of owning two duchies is correct.

Also, under an empire independence doesn't matter, but if you're vassal to a kingdom, you must become independent to create a kingdom.

I just realized something... Is Cyprus even available to create as a kingdom in game? If not, you need to add it to the game files (like you did by replacing the Duchy title with a Kingdom title in the save, which would be one quick way) or download and play a mod that includes this Kingdom as an option to play with.

edit - Searched the forum real quick and it seems like Cyprus is a createable Kingdom in game, you own the capital and the capital is Catholic, the only requirements listed that I can see. Please ignore this post.
    Last edited by Stolen Rutters; 01-05-2012 at 21:43.
    ----

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Cyprus is easily creatable.

Hold two Ducal titles.
    Do not be vassalised to a King (an Emperor is entirely all right).
    Be Catholic.
    Hold Famagusta.

Then spend obscene amounts of cash. 800 or so.
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I 'accidentally' banished one of the alerts across the top of the screen. How do I get it back?
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

How do you declare war for multiple counties? I've seen it in the patch notes and the AI do it but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it myself.

You have to obtain a personal claim for multiple counties first. That means moving the chancellor around a target area and having him succeed province by province before declaring war, or if you get really lucky score a claim on a Duchy title (at a lower chance to happen).

The multiple title options should be on the bottom of the list of claims. You may have to scroll down.
    ----

You have to obtain a personal claim for multiple counties first. That means moving the chancellor around a target area and having him succeed province by province before declaring war, or if you get really lucky score a claim on a Duchy title (at a lower chance to happen).

The multiple title options should be on the bottom of the list of claims. You may have to scroll down.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I was trying to press de jure claims so that'd be why I couldn't

Do the greek get a culture building? If not, why not? Do a bunch of cultures not get culture buildings or just the greeks? Seems like an unneccessary advantage for somecultures vs others.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

There aren't many culture buildings in vanilla. Try Syren's mod.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Colonel
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOm View Post
    I 'accidentally' banished one of the alerts across the top of the screen. How do I get it back?
    Set "dismissed alerts" to show on the list-thing on the right, you can set the alert to show again from there.

Colonel
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

It's possible, but the demesne limit is how many holdings you can direcly control before penalties and problems start to happen from being over limit. You are talking about a trouble-free 7 to 15 holdings (or three to six counties depending how you want to look at it).

You may want to keep bishops and mayors as vassals for the widest spread, holding only your 7-10 demesne holdings as county capitals. That can spread you out to about three or four decent duchies. Bishops and mayors tend not to rebel like lords.

You will have to banish everybody if you want to be significantly larger since the demesne-over-limit opinion penalties will encourage everybody you haven't imprisoned yet to rebel against you. I'll believe it when I see it, but I remember someone claim that you still have tons of money and troops even after all those penalties from being massively over your demesne limit.
    There was an exploity thing, where someone held all county capitals (and duchies and kingdoms) for himself as ERE. No taxes due to all 4 criminal buildings in every province, but mayors (and bishops/barons, but most of all mayors) still earned cash, so he'd just imprison-banish them for cash regularly, use the obscene amounts of gold to keep a standing army to put down constant peasant rebellions (due to the 4 criminal buildings). May have been more to it, but that was the main point.

Edit: Also, I don't baron-level landowners ever rebel, regardless of type. Plots, maybe.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Am I missing something or can English units crossing the strait to the Ulster province not be blocked by naval units?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 846 FirstFirst ... 21 46 71 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 121 146 171 196 ... LastLast