+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 685 FirstFirst ... 19 44 69 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 119 144 169 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 13691

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DukeWilleo1630 View Post
    Mercenaries seem to be disappearing in my game. There used to be about 11 mercenary bands, now there are 8. Is this a bug?

Also, I've played about 40 years of game time and still no crusade. Bug or is that normal?
    Sometimes crusades seem to take a while. As for the mercenary bands, did you switch capitals? That could be the reason.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Mercenaries seem to be disappearing in my game. There used to be about 11 mercenary bands, now there are 8. Is this a bug?

Also, I've played about 40 years of game time and still no crusade. Bug or is that normal?
    It depends from the year you started on. I usually don't have a crusade 'til about 1100
    Bannerman for The Wheel of Time MOD

Is there a way to change my main holding from one demense to another (eg Leinster to Dublin)?
    "Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" -Anonymous

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Da-V-Man View Post
    Is there a way to change my main holding from one demense to another (eg Leinster to Dublin)?
    Yes.
    Choose the county you want, and on the top-left you should see a crown surrounded by a circle. This is used to make the county your capital.
    Bannerman for The Wheel of Time MOD

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

To expand on earlier answer, availability of mercenaries depends on the distance between your capital and mercenaries' home province.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneslave View Post
    To expand on earlier answer, availability of mercenaries depends on the distance between your capital and mercenaries' home province.
    Hmm that is strange! Yes I changed my capitol from coruna in galicia to badjaoz in southern spain. Now there are a lot less mercenaries.

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hmm that is strange! Yes I changed my capitol from coruna in galicia to badjaoz in southern spain. Now there are a lot less mercenaries.
    Strange? You can see where they're all headquartered in the \common\landed_titles.txt file.
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

I feel like it makes sense; if they're too far away, travel expenses would mean it's less profitable for them to serve you. Might make sense if they were just available for a higher initial price (but not maintenance) by my logic, but that's just how I'd explain it.

51 games registered

SengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    I would guess its based on de jure kingdom or something like that. You get a LOT of mercs in italy.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

hello, I play as byzantine emperor and I'm a bit confused.
    I get -15 "elector titles held" when I get a second duchy from my de jure empire, however if it's not, (let's say duchy of tunis) I dont get that modifier.
    while having only 1 duchy from my de jure empire, if I create kingdom of bulgaria, I get that -15 opinion modifier with all my vassals again.

So if I create kingdoms, I cant I even hold 1 duchy, which holds my empire capital ?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure that's because you then hold 2 votes within your empire. As kings and dukes vote. Not sure though. Since Tunis is not in the de jure empire, it doesn't vote. Thus it doesn't count towards elector titles. I haven't played with elective law yet. But yea I guess that does hamper things that you can't hold more than 2 higher titles. The screenshot you show has 2 duchies and 1 kingdom. Get rid of duchy of turnovo?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastaz View Post
    I would guess its based on de jure kingdom or something like that. You get a LOT of mercs in italy.
    No. It's based on the distance from your capital to their capital, with de jure boundaries having no effect whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure that's because you then hold 2 votes within your empire. As kings and dukes vote. Not sure though. Since Tunis is not in the de jure empire, it doesn't vote. Thus it doesn't count towards elector titles. I haven't played with elective law yet. But yea I guess that does hamper things that you can't hold more than 2 higher titles. The screenshot you show has 2 duchies and 1 kingdom. Get rid of duchy of turnovo?
    You're correct! Any king or duke will be able to vote, and by holding both a kingdom and a duchy, you hold two votes.

Not exactly. You hold two voting titles, but your vote still counts for one. That's still one less title for someone else to vote with though, so they still get pissed off.

Can Kings be vassals of other Kings?
    Pratical example:
    If I'm the King of France and the duke of aquitaine gains independency and creates the Kingdom of Aquitaine, how would I "reconquer" the Aquitaine area to my French kingdom? Would I have to somehow get the King of Aquitaine title?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutista View Post
    Pratical example:
    If I'm the King of France and the duke of aquitaine gains independency and creates the Kingdom of Aquitaine, how would I "reconquer" the Aquitaine area to my French kingdom? Would I have to somehow get the King of Aquitaine title?
    No, Kings cannot be vassals of other kings. To get the King of Aquitane title, you would need to conquer enough land of the de jure Kingdom of Aquitane to be able to usurp the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekyman View Post
    No, Kings cannot be vassals of other kings. To get the King of Aquitane title, you would need to conquer enough land of the de jure Kingdom of Aquitane to be able to usurp the title.
    Or thru marriages and assassinations, haha.
    Thanks for the answer, mate.

51 games registered

SengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolutista View Post
    Pratical example:
    As the duke needs to get independence first before he can create the title you should make sure that he doesn't and create the title yourself asap.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Private
    Crusader Kings II

How do you support a candidate for elective succession to a title which you do not hold?
    Example: as King of the newly created Germany, I noticed that some electors supported me for the next Holy Roman Emperor. I however can find no way to support myself. Is this due to the fact that I am only a de iure vassal of the HRE and not a vassal in actuality, or do I just not know which buttons I need to click on. Thanks in advance.

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Elgato67 View Post
    How do you support a candidate for elective succession to a title which you do not hold?
    Example: as King of the newly created Germany, I noticed that some electors supported me for the next Holy Roman Emperor. I however can find no way to support myself. Is this due to the fact that I am only a de iure vassal of the HRE and not a vassal in actuality, or do I just not know which buttons I need to click on. Thanks in advance.
    It's that you're not a vassal. Gotta be a vassal to vote.
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

So, England has Agnatic succession. I have become the biggest landholder in England and could pretty easily claim lordship over England... if I had a claim. How the heck do I get a claim if I can't marry into the family?
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 685 FirstFirst ... 19 44 69 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 119 144 169 194 ... LastLast