• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A friend of mine wants to buy a used laptop. He asked me if it will run CK2. It meets all requirements, but I'm unsure on the HD4650 graphics card. It has a pretty low score on benchmark charts... Anyone know if it's good enough?

Anyone? :)

Is it fairly common for the Moors (particularly the Emirate of Baja) to take the Iberian by storm in the game?

I just married a daughter of my king of Ireland to a young king of England. Am I in trouble? England is pretty strong at this point, can get a stack of 11k against my 5.
Will their children have a valid claim to conquer Ireland?

I just married a daughter of my king of Ireland to a young king of England. Am I in trouble? England is pretty strong at this point, can get a stack of 11k against my 5.
Will their children have a valid claim to conquer Ireland?
Not really in 1.05, previously they could have pushed your grandsons claim. Now they could only push your daughters claim which would still leave Ireland independent until she died, so I'm not sure they'd do that.

Is it fairly common for the Moors (particularly the Emirate of Baja) to take the Iberian by storm in the game?

I've only played two games in 1.05 and it's been 50/50. In one, Castille, Leon and Galicia united and stood strong for the most part, though Beja is the strongest Muslim force on the Peninsula (even including Mauretania, who gobbled Andalusia right up.) In the other, there are maybe two Christian provinces, and once the pope calls a crusade it will be time to spread the Norman culture!

Not really in 1.05, previously they could have pushed your grandsons claim. Now they could only push your daughters claim which would still leave Ireland independent until she died, so I'm not sure they'd do that.

And they did! I will miss Ireland. Was a fun game while it lasted.
To clarify, England waited for a new king to be installed in Ireland, and when his relations with vassals were bad, they struck.

Please help!

Is there any way to improve relations of my son that will inherit kingdom with my current vassals? The idea would be to ease up the tensions upon succession.
Because when I finally manage all problems after succession, I have new succession. Spending half of the game on that part is not very fun because I can't do some normal warfare, deal with other countries, build up...

And is it really (historically) possible that on inheritance relations go from +80 (king) to -80 (favorite son that inherited the kingdom) with vassals? Why? The laws are clear, he is the only son and for sure he is trying to please current vassals for inheritance to go smoothly...

How about an option in diplomacy - "Mingle with the vassals" - I'll cover all his "marketing costs".

Last edited:
Please help!

Is there any way to improve relations of my son that will inherit kingdom with my current vassals? The idea would be to ease up the tensions upon succession.
Because when I finally manage all problems after succession, I have new succession. Spending half of the game on that part is not very fun because I can't do some normal warfare, deal with other countries, build up...

And is it really (historically) possible that on inheritance relations go from +80 (king) to -80 (favorite son that inherited the kingdom) with vassals? Why? The laws are clear, he is the only son and for sure he is trying to please current vassals for inheritance to go smoothly...

You can try to get him a lot of prestige as 2.000 gives +20 relations. You could imprison all potentially troublesome vassals before he gets on the throne (note, if he then releases them from prison, they'll like him for that). You could save up money enough to improve relations with everyone.

And what sort of traits does the kid have to manage that sort of negative effects?

You can try to get him a lot of prestige as 2.000 gives +20 relations. You could imprison all potentially troublesome vassals before he gets on the throne (note, if he then releases them from prison, they'll like him for that). You could save up money enough to improve relations with everyone.

And what sort of traits does the kid have to manage that sort of negative effects?

I am currently trying to find the whole list of factors that increase/decrease relationship but not luck yet.

The situation is the same for a son with good or bad traits. I think that the problem is in the game mechanics. For example I am the king (first ruler at the start of the game) and I have to spend every option to decrease negative effects to relationship from to many counties, high crown authority, high taxes... Then I spend around 3k of gold in 10 years to do that and then comes inheritance. Then my son (new king) has to AGAIN compensate for all those negative effects with 3k of gold what is really stupid because if king spends tons of gold to compensate for high taxes that should mean that the current vassals are now OK with that level of taxes and the perspective should change only when you get new vassal and not new king... And that's what makes me crazy.

Could someone please confirm my thoughts.

If I give a county to someone and not include lower titles, he gets only 1 city inside? Then how do I give him, later in game, the rest of building in the game if I want to lower my number of vassals? Or I am missing something?

If I give a county to someone and not include lower titles, he gets only 1 city inside? Then how do I give him, later in game, the rest of building in the game if I want to lower my number of vassals? Or I am missing something?

I'd say that the lower titles checkbox works where you give to someone a Duchy or higher ranks, thus including also the counties claim.

If you give away a County where you own only the capital, whomever you've given it to gains the capital holding for his own demesne, and whichever other cities, bishoprics and baronies are there as vassals. If you own more than one holding in the county, say you hold both the capital and a second castle, and give the county away WITHOUT checking the box, you retain control of the second castle, while whomever was given the county gains the capital holding and vassals. If you check the box he will recieve both the capital holdinh AND the secondary castle as well as vassals.

If you're giving away a Ducal title to someone WITH land without checking the box, he will recieve only the title of count and no new land. If you check the box, he will also recieve all counts in the Duchy as vassals as well as all holdings (capital or otherwise) you own within the de Jure duchy.

This scales directly to if you give away a Kingdom or an Empire.

If you did not check the box and later wish to give away some secondary holdings, some counties or some vassals, you do this in the usual fashion. Land is given with the Give Land diplomatic option, while vassals are transferred with the Transfer Vassal diplomatic option.

Are cultural buildings still insta-destroyed in 1.05 if a wrong-culture King takes over? This seemed like overkill, but there's been no word on it and I didn't want to start a game and change kings just to test the off chance they toned it down a bit (e.g. ineffective, but destroyed after a time or some such).

Yeah they won't change that in vanilla, you'd have to use Syren's mod (or any other mod which changes that).

I do agree that it's overkill -- I think (for example) that huscarls should be used for as long as the provinces in question remain Saxon (if they'd add them for that culture). I wish they'd remove longbowmen from the Saxons. It's a small thing but it annoys me no end.

Banishments?

Hello everyone,

Playing as Denmark, I have given too much land and too many titles to one of my nephews who rebelled, lost and was imprisoned, however, I can only revoke 1 of his titles without decreasing the opinion of my vassals. I thought I might banish him, but doing so will create 100 negative opinion of me with all my vassals = mass revolts etc.
I think it makes sense to have my vassals opinion of me decreased by revoking titles and land, but for them to hate me even more for banishing him, just doesn't make any sense.

Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me how to lower the negative opinion penalty on banishments?

Thanks a lot in advance,
AtheistDane

Hello everyone,

Playing as Denmark, I have given too much land and too many titles to one of my nephews who rebelled, lost and was imprisoned, however, I can only revoke 1 of his titles without decreasing the opinion of my vassals. I thought I might banish him, but doing so will create 100 negative opinion of me with all my vassals = mass revolts etc.
I think it makes sense to have my vassals opinion of me decreased by revoking titles and land, but for them to hate me even more for banishing him, just doesn't make any sense.

Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me how to lower the negative opinion penalty on banishments?

Thanks a lot in advance,
AtheistDane

Banishing him means you take ALL his titles and money. Your other vassals wouldn't like that, even though he's a rebel; the titles should still pass to his rightful heir.