• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm currently trying to form The Kingdom of Wales while playing the Duke of Iceland. I hold every Welsh province except Gwynedd, Cornwall, and Devon.
What is required to finally form it? Cornwall and Devon are hold by England so conquering them isn't an option.

I'm currently trying to form The Kingdom of Wales while playing the Duke of Iceland. I hold every Welsh province except Gwynedd, Cornwall, and Devon.
What is required to finally form it? Cornwall and Devon are hold by England so conquering them isn't an option.
2 Duchies and majority of provinces. But I think its also got a special condition that your culture must be Celtic, if you're Icelandic I'm guessing you're not a Celt?

My income, or the income of the guy that currently owns it?

Yours. The only instances where it scales to his income is when sending gifts.

Switch to one of the Celtic ethnicities for a generation.

It's funny, I have the same problem, but in reverse. I play as Wales, allied with England at some point. The English king got excom'd, his dudes immediately have a go at him. Me wanting to keep England intact as much as possible lift the excom and join his war against one of his dukes. It doesn't take long for the warscore to reach 100% with me fully occupying three counties in England.

Now here's the catch. In the meantime, I succesfully managed to install a new count in Desmond, Ireland and he became my vassal. Unfortunately, he went and joined the war against the English king. So what I've got going on right now is that my ally, who's not hostile towards me, has no way to reclaim the counties. Also, he can't -or won't- enforce his demands on the rebelling duke. Since it's not my war, neither can I.

I'm thinking I should go and kill either the English duke or the Irish count. Any thoughts?

I don't think killing either will sove the issue, unless the Duke in question is pressing one of his claims? Claim wars end when the claim ends. Forcing the Irish Count to rebel might solve it, as he will then be hostile to you. (That is, if I understodd the situation correctly :p )

A friend of mine wants to buy a used laptop. He asked me if it will run CK2. It meets all requirements, but I'm unsure on the HD4650 graphics card. It has a pretty low score on benchmark charts... Anyone know if it's good enough?

My heir!! Argh +100 relations, and I've made him a count, but he wants my main title, which he is due to inherit pretty soon as my main guy is now a greyhaired old guy. If I don't give it to him he will attack me!

I don't want to have to fight him. but If I don't he messes up the whole realm! I suppose I could give it to him and reload as him? or fight him? thing is I only need 25 piety and I can form the kingdom! Then he could have the duchy early and I'd not care so much!

My heir!! Argh +100 relations, and I've made him a count, but he wants my main title, which he is due to inherit pretty soon as my main guy is now a greyhaired old guy. If I don't give it to him he will attack me!

I don't want to have to fight him. but If I don't he messes up the whole realm! I suppose I could give it to him and reload as him? or fight him? thing is I only need 25 piety and I can form the kingdom! Then he could have the duchy early and I'd not care so much!

Buy a Papal Indulgence, that should give you enough Piety. Reloading as him will break the sequence, score-wise that is.

Why the mayor of Firenze (my vassal) is always a German? Firenze county has always been italian since the beginning of my game. Though, there were some Germans left and right in my demesne, I took care that at least nobles are always italian. Still, it is now the year 1200 and Firenze had always had a German mayor. Any ideas why?

I don't think killing either will sove the issue, unless the Duke in question is pressing one of his claims? Claim wars end when the claim ends. Forcing the Irish Count to rebel might solve it, as he will then be hostile to you. (That is, if I understodd the situation correctly :p )
That's what I thought too, kill the claimant and the war stops but... I hate to break it to you. When I pressed a claim and died from illness during the war, my claim didn't end. The war continued, so there has to be something else going on. Pressing the claim makes it inheritable for one generation, so maybe you could kill two generations to end the claim with assassins (since the first heir to inherit didn't start the war)? Could it be the invasion CB that ends when the invader dies and we are all confusing the two? I don't know.

Last edited:
Is it possible to kill your character in a not gamey way? I am currently playing as King of Bavaria and got a pretty decent character, but his sister outshines him in every aspect.

Is it possible to kill your character in a not gamey way? I am currently playing as King of Bavaria and got a pretty decent character, but his sister outshines him in every aspect.

Yes:
Crusade!
DEUS VULT!
[video=youtube;0zUcHu5Ah1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zUcHu5Ah1g[/video]

----
Put your character as the lead commander of your stack. Get wiped out a few times and you should eventually die (I believe).

I will keep that in mind. Luckily a crusade for Jerusalem just started...

Another question: The King of Bavaria (part of HRE) is married to a claimant of the Hungarian (not in the HRE) throne, but I can not declare war to press my spouse's claims. Why? Both Bavaria and Hungary can have female rulers.

edit: Nevermind. I just realized my spouse IS already warring for her claim and unfortunately also my vassal. Can't join my vassal's wars. Is there any way to support her? If I gift her ridiculous amounts of money, will she hire mercs?

Why the mayor of Firenze (my vassal) is always a German? Firenze county has always been italian since the beginning of my game. Though, there were some Germans left and right in my demesne, I took care that at least nobles are always italian. Still, it is now the year 1200 and Firenze had always had a German mayor. Any ideas why?

There is a "switch to my liege's culture" option in the intrigue tab. Odds are, the AI in Firenze used it while the Emperor was German?

Another question: Is there a way to change the investiture from papal to free in the HRE without becoming Kaiser? Some plot option? It didn't come up for me yet and I really want to appoint my own Bishops.

Haven't tried this, and the question is a bit unclear, but if you mean "can cities be modded to be compatible for feudal lords" then the answer is a tentative yes (I know I've seen this in the files, but haven't played around with them), if on the other hand you mean "can the emperor tier for feudals be compatible with cities" then I'm almost certain that's a no. I've seen nothing that hints about the possibility of this.
Thanks.
Any idea which file I should be looking through for this?

Is there any way to get the pope to start a crusade. We had two tries at Jerusalem. The 2nd was successful and I was wondering if there is a way to influence either the target or to get the pope to start some more crusades?