• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They should be titular now and given enough time they could be redejured into existence.
However the chances of that, unless the player is directly involved, not even through vassals(they'll war each other over dejure lines) is virtually non existent.

Hence why I propose for "historical" kingdoms be decoupled or immune to drift, especially for Andalus, because you either get a completely ahistorical blitzkrieg reconquista, or the Iberian peninsula is screwed up forever.

And if that happened, you could end up sitting there holding all of the Iberian Peninsula under your Navarra kingdom, but never getting the provinces de jure. That'd just be crap. To be honest, it'd be even worse than what we have now. :/

And if that happened, you could end up sitting there holding all of the Iberian Peninsula under your Navarra kingdom, but never getting the provinces de jure. That'd just be crap. To be honest, it'd be even worse than what we have now. :/

Well what's your solution for a sensible outcome from the Reconquista then? Maybe only Andalus being unable to absorb the others? Or normal de jure drift kicking in after a hypotherical "Iberia liberated sort-of" event once either Muslims as kicked out or relegated to Granada or something?

Doubling the de jure drift time for Iberia?

Notice also when winning a Crusade everything's screwed up the same, because you simply now have a Catholic Andalusia instead of Muslim.

If you’re trying to manage an empire and you want to hold kingdoms yourself and have superdukes underneath, how do you get the dukes off gavelkind to prevent them from fragmenting?

I’m playing from Genghis Khan start and I thought that if I gave away duchies they would stay ultimogeniture, but they changed to gavelkind. Would raising crown law help?

Well what's your solution for a sensible outcome from the Reconquista then? Maybe only Andalus being unable to absorb the others? Or normal de jure drift kicking in after a hypotherical "Iberia liberated sort-of" event once either Muslims as kicked out or relegated to Granada or something?

Doubling the de jure drift time for Iberia?

Notice also when winning a Crusade everything's screwed up the same, because you simply now have a Catholic Andalusia instead of Muslim.

Could always be an idea that some Kingdom titles don't start de jure drift before a certain event have fired or a certain date have passed I guess. But having kingdoms where they couldn't de jure drift at all would be bad. :/

If you’re trying to manage an empire and you want to hold kingdoms yourself and have superdukes underneath, how do you get the dukes off gavelkind to prevent them from fragmenting?

I’m playing from Genghis Khan start and I thought that if I gave away duchies they would stay ultimogeniture, but they changed to gavelkind. Would raising crown law help?
Yeah, the AI doesn't really do Ultimogeniture, they generally switch out of it if they can...
Usually the AI goes Gavelkind > Primogeniture, if they can't get Primogeniture they'll just go Gavelkind, so barring faction shenanigans those are the succession laws vassals are likely to have.

But to answer your question, yes, so long as the rulers under you are non-tribal and have no crown authority of their own (basically if they are duke or below) they'll switch to primogeniture as soon as your crown authority allows for it. Alternatively you could just have king (well... Khan) vassals, it's not as bad a people make it out to be...

They should be titular now and given enough time they could be redejured into existence.
However the chances of that, unless the player is directly involved, not even through vassals(they'll war each other over dejure lines) is virtually non existent.

Hence why I propose for "historical" kingdoms be decoupled or immune to drift, especially for Andalus, because you either get a completely ahistorical blitzkrieg reconquista, or the Iberian peninsula is screwed up forever.

How do i creater portugese titular kingdom?

How do i creater portugese titular kingdom?
Titular titles are creted by holding their "de jure" capital and satisfying all the normal requirements for forming that kingdom (but it costs double the normal amount of money).
For instance Khazaria is formable if you have Khazar culture and hold its "de jure" capital, Itil...

In the case of eclipsed kingdoms their "de jure" capital is the capital they had when they were still landed titles, Lisboa in Portugal's case...

If I pick the same start date and same character would he both times be exact copy (looks, traits, education type and level, being genius/quick, born in purple, etc)?
If no, which pieces can differ?

If I pick the same start date and same character would he both times be exact copy (looks, traits, education type and level, being genius/quick, born in purple, etc)?
Everything except for age/gender and number, age, gender of children and spouse is completely random...

Now my question: What determines whether a trade post is "Connected to Capital"?

Everything except for age/gender and number, age, gender of children and spouse is completely random...

Quite a few characters have traits set. For example, the prophet Muhammad always has the Mastermind Theologian trait.

Code:
33922 = {
	name="Muhammad" # The Prophet
	dynasty=7296
	religion="sunni"
	culture="bedouin_arabic"
	father=33923
	occluded=yes
	martial=6
	diplomacy=8
	intrigue=5
	stewardship=8
	learning=10
	trait="mastermind_theologian"
	trait="sayyid"
	trait="mystic"
	trait="zealous"
	trait="patient"
	trait="gregarious"
	trait="ambitious"
	570.4.26={
		birth="570.4.26"
	}
	632.6.8={
		death="632.6.8"
	}
}

Taking a character who'll actually be seen alive:

Code:
140 = {
	name="William"
	# AKA: William 'the Conqueror'
	dynasty=752
	dna="epdbiohgukk"
	properties="ae0000"
	martial=7
	diplomacy=7
	intrigue=10
	stewardship=6
	religion="catholic"
	culture="norman"
	trait="ambitious"
	trait="diligent"
	trait="proud"
	trait="cynical"
	trait="brave"
	trait="temperate"
	trait="patient"
	trait="legit_bastard"
	trait="brilliant_strategist"
	father=252
	mother=41001
	1027.1.15 = {
		birth=yes
	}
	1035.7.3 = {
		give_nickname=nick_the_bastard
	}

1066.12.25  = {
		remove_claim=k_england
		give_nickname=nick_the_conqueror
	}

William "the Bastard" becomes William "the Conqueror". And naturally he loses his claim on England when he becomes the king of England.

Reactions:
Can you use console commands to set rivals?
An event would work. Unfortunately after looking through most of those available they require very specific conditions or random(event 100065 for random child courtier), tho worth a look in the event files as I didn't go through all. I'm not proficient enough to write one for you unfortunately, hopefully someone else can help you out :)
cm_charlemagne_story_events
friends_rivals_events
lovers_events
on_action_events
roi_hunting_events
roi_various_events
wol_business_events
wol_lover_events
wol_seduction_events
wol_war_events

Do a search in those files for add_rival.

Could always be an idea that some Kingdom titles don't start de jure drift before a certain event have fired or a certain date have passed I guess. But having kingdoms where they couldn't de jure drift at all would be bad. :/
In addition to that, both the AI and player could receive HOI2-style events when they reconquer all dejure land of Portugal, Castille, Leon, etc. through which they can restore the kingdoms and their dejure territory to pre-drift status (year 0 of the game) if they so choose.

Example: Andalus already dejurised all the Iberian peninsula, player wins Crusade (or bit by bit reconquers it), now he can either choose to have a massive dejure kingdom of Andalusia, or split it among several titles with their dejure territories intact, not necessarily granting them indipendence.

I'm playing as a Merchant Republic. My trade practices is at one, so I can't build any trade posts yet, but the other Patricians can! Is it a bug, or can I do something about it?

Thanks incognitus and tamius23.
So, my understanding is that predefined always are:
Name
Dynasty
Spouse & Kids
Genetics (look, being lisp, genius, etc)
Religion
Culture

Those can change
Traits
Education
Education level
Attribute Values

For some important characters everything may be predefined.

I'm playing as a Merchant Republic. My trade practices is at one, so I can't build any trade posts yet, but the other Patricians can! Is it a bug, or can I do something about it?

It is possible to build trade post with trade practices at one, so it may not be a bug. The other two main factors are, how many adult men of your dynasty are in your court, and how upgraded your mansion is. If you go to the republic tab, it shows how many each family can build, and mousing over it will show you why.

It is possible to build trade post with trade practices at one, so it may not be a bug. The other two main factors are, how many adult men of your dynasty are in your court, and how upgraded your mansion is. If you go to the republic tab, it shows how many each family can build, and mousing over it will show you why.

Thanks a lot!!

*bump*

My capital is Brugge in Flanders, I have trade posts along the Coast from Mortain to Ostfriesland and up the English Coast from Middlesex to Lincoln. Now all my posts have "Connected to Capital", except for Norlolk und Lincoln.

It is actually quite complex and difficult to explain, but I will try anyway.

All trading posts in your capitals sea province are connected, including any that simply border the sea province (does not require the port in the same sea province). Everything else is not. To extend the range you need to control a province. The controlled province needs to be connected to the capital to provide extension. Once a province has been taken and it is connected to the capital via a common sea province neighbour, that provinces port also acts as a connection to the capital.

If you control 1 province with only one sea connection and another province that neighbours it and has a different sea connection, and one of those provinces is connected to the capital. The capital connection will be transferred through the land connection.

There is a few exceptions with how this works (specific provinces being connected under strange circumstances).

Basically if you are looking to connect all your trade posts, you need to make sure you have ports to extend the range.