• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've conquered the Isle of Mann, which is a tribal holding as a feudal lord, and want it to become a city. I have upgraded the town totally and the hill fort is still level 1, if I give the county to someone, will he make it into a city eventually, or only make it into a castle?

Its upto them, but I believe if you're feudal they'll only go feudal too. If you're an MR then they might choose city or might choose castle.

So if you're an MR its probably best to make it a city yourself before giving it. If you're feudal, you might be out of luck. Someone else might contradict this though.

I am 74 years old and my grandson is my heir. But my 4 sons will share my demesne too(gavelkind ofc). 2 of them born when I was 70 and 72 because I thought my junk wouldn't work anymore so I got married :( I have the elder ones in my prison. I am thinking of putting them all in prison and execute them. Which will give me a lot of tyrannical negative opinions. There isn't a better option, is there?

I am 74 years old and my grandson is my heir. But my 4 sons will share my demesne too(gavelkind ofc). 2 of them born when I was 70 and 72 because I thought my junk wouldn't work anymore so I got married :( I have the elder ones in my prison. I am thinking of putting them all in prison and execute them. Which will give me a lot of tyrannical negative opinions. There isn't a better option, is there?

Depends on your religion. Appointing Catholics as bishops will also get rid of them. Your grandson could be assassinated too... For future information, men can have children at ANY age, not that that's necessarily a good idea.

Last edited:
Depends on your religion. Appointing Catholics as bishops will also get rid of them. Your grandson could be assassinated too... For future information, men can have children at ANY age, not that that's necessarily a good idea.

I want my grandson to take the throne actually. Religion is reformed Tengri. I guess there aren't any other options for me. It sucks slaying all my sons. Damn you gavelkind

someone know how to become a caliph??
If there isn't a caliph already, go to the title finder and type in The Sunni/Shia Caliphate. There you will find the creation requirements. I am not sure how to usurp the title, but conquering the current caliph's lands might be a good bet.

If I recall correctly, if you are able to usurp the top secular title of the reigning caliph, you take the caliph title with it.

Reguire, I'm not the best at mechanics, but I think your heir will get claims on the titles and will be able to revoke them freely. By my experience they won't even rebel.
Also you can plot to kill them as they don't have kids themselves and probably you'll be their heir.

Forgive me but I didn't clearly understand what you said

Before assassinating one of your siblings, make sure that you are the one to inherit the county/counties, which I suspect ATW failed to do.

I have swedish empire and kingdom in my possesion and kingdoms of England and wales as my vassals. I picked king of England as my heir (he's my kinsman) for empire but I cannot do the same thing for the kingdom.

I'm not sure but think few days ago I was able to picked him for my kingdom as well but when I reload the game I was asked for new successor pick...

Anyway this is just my feeling, the question is what could cause such behaviour? Is there some restriction regarding this? If so, why can I pick king of Wales?

If you're confused about my situation please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

I recently upgraded my ooooooold Logitech mouse's driver and now when I roll the wheel by just like one increment it zooms all the way in. Same in the opposite direction. Anyone know how to fix this?

I have swedish empire and kingdom in my possesion and kingdoms of England and wales as my vassals. I picked king of England as my heir (he's my kinsman) for empire but I cannot do the same thing for the kingdom.

I'm not sure but think few days ago I was able to picked him for my kingdom as well but when I reload the game I was asked for new successor pick...

Anyway this is just my feeling, the question is what could cause such behaviour? Is there some restriction regarding this? If so, why can I pick king of Wales?

If you're confused about my situation please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Inheritance law is feudal elective ? Well, the english guy probably has no claim for the kingdom and only certain direct related relatives can inherit without a claim.

I recently upgraded my ooooooold Logitech mouse's driver and now when I roll the wheel by just like one increment it zooms all the way in. Same in the opposite direction. Anyone know how to fix this?

Well, check the zoom setting in game first. If they don't change anything, it's probably Logitechs' mouse software. In this case check your mouse setting in the control panel.

I posted a question a few days ago and wonder if someone has an answer to it. I guess not many people go back to see what has been asked earlier and therefore decided to post again.

Taxes depend on the relation value, so they will pay you all. Why that modifier went away i have no idea.