• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quick Question: I'm playing as Munster and I revoked the title of my mayor, of Thormond the province is called I believe. He is presumably mayor because the capital of the province is a town. Now, I want that province to myself, and now I have it, but the game says the following: 'holder is wrong holder type'. What exactly does this mean? Can I not rule it directly? AKA: let it be part of my demesne?

Quick Question: I'm playing as Munster and I revoked the title of my mayor, of Thormond the province is called I believe. He is presumably mayor because the capital of the province is a town. Now, I want that province to myself, and now I have it, but the game says the following: 'holder is wrong holder type'. What exactly does this mean? Can I not rule it directly? AKA: let it be part of my demesne?

It can be part of your demesne, but you get a penalty to income (because you're a feudal lord - count, duke, king, baron, emperor, rather than a mayor). 75% I believe. You'll get the same penalty if you try to hold a temple, because you aren't a bishop.

Does anyone know of the Requirement to revoke vasal's title plot?

For example i'm playing Duke of Flanders and in intrigue menu i could start plots to revoke some titles (but not all like county of zeeland).
Other situation (playing Duke of Flanders): i invite a dude who has claim on on of the counties that is vasal of King of France. I press the claim, win the war. The county becomes my vasal. Can i revoke that county for myself using the revoke title plot or are there any restrictions?

Does anyone know of the Requirement to revoke vasal's title plot?

For example i'm playing Duke of Flanders and in intrigue menu i could start plots to revoke some titles (but not all like county of zeeland).
Other situation (playing Duke of Flanders): i invite a dude who has claim on on of the counties that is vasal of King of France. I press the claim, win the war. The county becomes my vasal. Can i revoke that county for myself using the revoke title plot or are there any restrictions?

You can only revoke those titles that either aren't de Jure for those who hold them, (The Duke of Saxony holds lands in Brunswick, so you can revoke those. He does not hold any land in Saxony, so you can revoke his Ducal title as well.) or is de Jure one of your titles (the county of Artois is de Jure Flandern, so the duke of Flandern can revoke that title, but Zeeland is de Jure Holland, so the Duke of Flandern cannot revoke that).

So, no, you can't use that plot to revoke that particular title, but if you manage to get the Ducal title, then you can.

Will the DLC be sold on GamersGate?

You can only revoke those titles that either aren't de Jure for those who hold them, (The Duke of Saxony holds lands in Brunswick, so you can revoke those. He does not hold any land in Saxony, so you can revoke his Ducal title as well.) or is de Jure one of your titles (the county of Artois is de Jure Flandern, so the duke of Flandern can revoke that title, but Zeeland is de Jure Holland, so the Duke of Flandern cannot revoke that).

So, no, you can't use that plot to revoke that particular title, but if you manage to get the Ducal title, then you can.

Tnx, all clear now :)

I play as the Sultan of Egypt (Played as King of Jerusalem, the Heir of Egypt is my Courtier, I turned him to a Catholic, assassinate his nephew, Courtier becomes Sultan, I resumed the game as the christian sultan).

Would it be possible to be King of Egypt and that my vassals become Duke and Count and not Emir and Sheik? Meanwhile we are nearly all Catholics. And I hate this alibaba-titles.
Or it is changeable in the save?
Thanks
Drusus

Titles are culture specific IIRC. So he needs to chance to another culture.

I know you can revoke titles (without a penalty) from defeated rebellious vassals, but can you revoke titles (without a penalty) from the spouse of rebellious vassal? Because as a Doux of Antioch, my wife (Duchess of Athens) rebelled against the Byzantine emperor, he won and imprisoned her and then he went on to revoke my title of a doux (not hers, mine) so I'm just wondering if the emperor had the right to do it or he was just being a douche:D

No no.:) Just let your heir be educated by a person of culture X. Any kids educated has a 90% chance of changing culture and religion to the teacher's.

I think that provinces with not your primary culture, but adjacent to a province of your primary culture can (by event) change culture to yours. And then the characters born in that province should have the new culture. But of course it takes a while

I know you can revoke titles (without a penalty) from defeated rebellious vassals, but can you revoke titles (without a penalty) from the spouse of rebellious vassal? Because as a Doux of Antioch, my wife (Duchess of Athens) rebelled against the Byzantine emperor, he won and imprisoned her and then he went on to revoke my title of a doux (not hers, mine) so I'm just wondering if the emperor had the right to do it or he was just being a douche:D

I think he was just being a duche.:D

How can you get a claim on an agnatic throne in 1.05? Before I used to marry a French princess and push my son's claim, for example, but now women don't get inheritable claims and I can't even set her up as the ruler, since it's agnatic. Is there any way to get the claim, or do I have to take them apart piecemeal and then usurp?

Does the FORT LEVEL of a holding just SLOW DOWN a siege, or reduce my casualty rate or something else ?

Slower siege and also increases amount of casaulties taken when storming the place.

How can you get a claim on an agnatic throne in 1.05? Before I used to marry a French princess and push my son's claim, for example, but now women don't get inheritable claims and I can't even set her up as the ruler, since it's agnatic. Is there any way to get the claim, or do I have to take them apart piecemeal and then usurp?

Steal their fourth son, matri-marry him to a daughter, press his claim and his heir will be yours :D