• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay. Quick run down.

Norse Kingdom of Saxony. Ruler died just before I won a prepared invasion of Lombardy and Saxony and Denmark split into two kingdoms per Elective Succession. I lost my capital which had been prepped for switching to feudal once I captured Lombardy. Understand why this happened now, someone already explained that.

Anyway, I went to war with my brother to recapture the former capital.. but now it says "wrong capital holding type" when I try and make it my capital once again. I have no idea why. It's a castle. A tribal castle. And I'm still currently a tribal leader.

I've tried giving away my holdings in what is now Italy but that didn't fix it so I quit the game without saving (not letting this mess up an Ironman game!). Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm starting to level up my current holding, but the war with the Catholic powers to capture Lombardy took most of my cash and now I'm holding only 1 tribal region and 7 feudal holdings in Italy I'll have to raid my way back up. My only fear is it'll trigger an invasion of Italy :p

Hopefully someone can tell me what's wrong and how I can revert back to my old capital.

.. but now it says "wrong capital holding type" when I try and make it my capital once again. I have no idea why. It's a castle. A tribal castle. And I'm still currently a tribal leader.

There is no such thing as a tribal castle.
If it's a castle, then it's seen as a feudal holding which you can't hold yourself as a capital if your realm is still tribal, which you still are by what i read.
So as soon as you switch to feudal with another tribal holding as your capital, then you can move your capital to the old castle.

Is there a quick way I can tell if another ruler is tribal? Like the silver rim for count, blue ribbon for duke, gold for king etc?

EDIT: Or more importantly, from the start selection screen?

Greets!
I now have a 20-20-20 units retinue camel cav army (thats 15k strong). The problem is if I send them to kill off some 5-6k rebel army or even if I send them to a province which ticks a 5% attrition only once 1-3 of my retinue units dies off. Its kinda fustrating to keep raising them one after another every time to keep them at 20-20-20. Is there a way to force the game to calculate attrition (and/or combat dmg) evenly among units and not keep destroying whole retinues?
Noticed the same, and assume this is a bug with combat where it instead of spreading the casualties evenly across regiments it targets them one at a time with specific tactics employed. I say the last because I have seen casualties been distributed evenly, but "most" of the time I see only 1-2 regiments with casualties.

Noticed the same, and assume this is a bug with combat where it instead of spreading the casualties evenly across regiments it targets them one at a time with specific tactics employed. I say the last because I have seen casualties been distributed evenly, but "most" of the time I see only 1-2 regiments with casualties.

With all kind of units ? I've had trouble with camel cavalry as retinues as well. It's losing tremendous compared to other units.
There also seems to be no working combat bonus for them.

With all kind of units ? I've had trouble with camel cavalry as retinues as well. It's losing tremendous compared to other units.
There also seems to be no working combat bonus for them.

Camel Cav is one of the better retinues. If you have a all Camel Cav flank, you'll fire Harass with 100% certainty during Skirmish phase. It gives a +300% bonus. This is very effective if you fight against Horse Archers (a further +100% bonus). But it suffers if you fight Archer-heavy armies.

Melee wise, it'll activate Raid tactic, which is another great Camel Cav tactic (+240% bonus).

Do you know if you're winning the skirmish fight or melee? My take is that you are coming up against Archer heavy units, and routing in the skirmish phase.

So I just reformed the Romuva faith and want to vassalise the Chosen of Perkunas (romuva holy order). The problems I have right now are that they are of a differen culture (they're lettigalian while I am prussian) and a few others which I know how to solve (small difference in rank, not de-jure liege, etc.). Is it possible for me to change the holy order's main culture to prussian?

So I just reformed the Romuva faith and want to vassalise the Chosen of Perkunas (romuva holy order). The problems I have right now are that they are of a differen culture (they're lettigalian while I am prussian) and a few others which I know how to solve (small difference in rank, not de-jure liege, etc.). Is it possible for me to change the holy order's main culture to prussian?

No. Whoever becomes the Duke of the Holy Order will automatically convert to the culture of the Holy Order. In this case, the capital of the Holy Order is considered Lettigalian culture.

So 2 ways.

1. If you know the capital of the Holy Order, culture convert it to Prussian first.

OR

2. Convert your ruler to Lettigalian culture.

No. Whoever becomes the Duke of the Holy Order will automatically convert to the culture of the Holy Order. In this case, the capital of the Holy Order is considered Lettigalian culture.

So 2 ways.

1. If you know the capital of the Holy Order, culture convert it to Prussian first.

OR

Or flood the holy orders with people of your culture until someone of your culture inherits. It'll take him some time to convert to the "normal" culture of the holy order.
In my play through all holy orders are led by Russian kinsmen of mine xD

So 2 ways.
OR

Aha, so if my kinsmen who's of my culture and currently owns the province with the order's capital uses the "settle tribe" function (does the AI do that?) on said province, the order will sooner or later convert too?
Thanks for your anwser by the way. :)

Why can't I form Hungary as the Magyars ? I'm Hungarian, own all of Hungary, I'm a reformed Tengri and have ruled for more than 5 years. I dont know what else to do...

Do you have the decision to form Hungary on the Intrigue Screen? Is it greyed out? If so, what conditions are showing as unfulfilled?

I am playing Emperor of Hispania in Old Gods start. I am currently underway a big reshuffling project concerning the de iure vassalages and such. I am concerned with every duchy right alignment and correcting mistakes, so I´d like to ask:
As an Emperor, what should be done in order to start Duchy drifting to particular Kingdom? I somehow understood from previous answers that I should give the duchy in question to a vassal and then make him king of the kingdom I want the duchy to drift to? Is that correct?

It isn't wrong ;)

All you need for de-jure duchy drift to start is for the king to control (through holding personally or through vassals/vassals of vassals) all the counties of the duchy. Making the duke a king would work but it isn't the only way to do it.

I don't think the duchy title needs to exist.

So, just to put this into practical terms:
- if I give both Duchy of Aragon and Kingdom of Aragon to my vassal, the duchy should start drifting, right?

Camel Cav is one of the better retinues. If you have a all Camel Cav flank, you'll fire Harass with 100% certainty during Skirmish phase. It gives a +300% bonus....
Melee wise, it'll activate Raid tactic, which is another great Camel Cav tactic (+240% bonus).

Hmm...i haven't seen these. Will check again

Do you know if you're winning the skirmish fight or melee? My take is that you are coming up against Archer heavy units, and routing in the skirmish phase.

That's probably it... or maybe additionaly adding small contingents of the knights and LC unit prevents the earlier mentioned tactics firing.
Thanks for the info. Will try with a pure camel flank and a mixed one and look out for that specifically.

Odd thing I wanna ask: In the same game, after usurping Kingdom of Andalusia/Ummayad Whatever-the-Equivalent-of-Kingdom-is, I have High Crown Authority in Andalusia, yet I can´t strip vassals of their fiefs or transfer de iure vassals outta Kingdom - it says "Crown Authority in Andalusia doesn´t allow revocation". Any possible reasons?

Recently I (as emperor of Britannia) had the good fortune of marrying the queen of Italy. We were both about 18. At 19, she had our first and only child, and promptly died of Pneumonia (not childbirth??).

The child became queen of Italy immediately, but through machinations unknown to me was reduced to a mere duchess with a strong claim on the throne.

Is there any way I can press that claim on her behalf, or do I have to wait until I die to inherit as her?

Is there any thing I should be sure to do to "not mess this up"? And have a shot at demanding Italy? I take it that dying before her would be nice, and not having a proper male heir would also be a good thing.

When I inherit as her, will she become Empress of Britannia - and not a vassal of the Italian (Pretender) King, as she is now?

It's all holdings, not just counties.

Thanks.

Recently I (as emperor of Britannia) had the good fortune of marrying the queen of Italy. We were both about 18. At 19, she had our first and only child, and promptly died of Pneumonia (not childbirth??).

The child became queen of Italy immediately, but through machinations unknown to me was reduced to a mere duchess with a strong claim on the throne.

Probably a faction she chose to give into without a fight. Baby queens are not popular.

Is there any way I can press that claim on her behalf, or do I have to wait until I die to inherit as her?

Since she's outside your realm, you can't press her claim.

Is there any thing I should be sure to do to "not mess this up"? And have a shot at demanding Italy? I take it that dying before her would be nice, and not having a proper male heir would also be a good thing.

Dying early without any more children would be the ideal thing to do here. Don't re-marry!

When I inherit as her, will she become Empress of Britannia - and not a vassal of the Italian (Pretender) King, as she is now?

Yes, she'll become the empress (what else would happen to the title?) and this necessarily means she will stop being a vassal of the king.