• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I'm new to the game but think I am getting there...my question is..

I'm king of scotland, my half brother revolted against me, and I have defeated and captured his province and the province of his friend, and I hold them both in prison.

What now? It seams that I can only call a white peace? I that right, I would like to, at the very least, take the titles off them, put preferably chop their head off.

What are my options?

Thanks

Question: where can I see the order of succession? I can see my direct heir, but I want to know who becomes heir when my direct heir dies. Also, I want to view in what order the titles of my vassals are inherited, is that possible?

Who do you recommend to assign the duchies apart from your heir? I have the -30 relationship penalty for holding too many duchies. And where can we see the limit of duchies that we could hold without having that negative modifier?

Who do you recommend to assign the duchies apart from your heir? I have the -30 relationship penalty for holding too many duchies.

I use the decision in the intrigue tab to generate a character with my culture and religion.

And where can we see the limit of duchies that we could hold without having that negative modifier?

It's 2. I don't know where that's said explicitly, if at all.

Who do you recommend to assign the duchies apart from your heir? I have the -30 relationship penalty for holding too many duchies. And where can we see the limit of duchies that we could hold without having that negative modifier?
Make it a republic. You must be sure that the duchy is of your culture (as the heirs of a republic is usually of the same culture as the people) and that all counties in the duchy are grand cities, as feudal counties don't pay taxes to the republic, which means that you won't get any of the money either.
If you have free investure law it is probably better to make it a grand bishopric too. Less money but less relationship penalties as well.

It is in Manual. A King can only hold 2 Duchies w/o Negative modifier. Thats why you see all the threads about Super Dukes. Good Canidates are content vassals with one county in de jure Duchy area. Also remember to transfer the vassalage of any remaining counts to new Duke.

You either take steam to Offline mode untill your current game is over, or you copy the entire game folder to another location and continue the game with that version, while still letting the main steam version be updated.

Or just turn off automatic updates.

Ransoming prisoners

I'm duke of Lombardia married to the duchess of Toscana and planning that our children will inherit both duchies. Unfortunately, the silly woman tried to break free from the HRE and has ended up in the Kaiser's dungeon. I don't want her to rot in prison as our line of succession is hanging by a thread.

Is there any way I can offer to pay the Kaiser to ransom her out of prison? I can't see anything obvious in the interface, and couldn't find anything from searching the forum, but just want to check I haven't missed anything.

I'm duke of Lombardia married to the duchess of Toscana and planning that our children will inherit both duchies. Unfortunately, the silly woman tried to break free from the HRE and has ended up in the Kaiser's dungeon. I don't want her to rot in prison as our line of succession is hanging by a thread.

Is there any way I can offer to pay the Kaiser to ransom her out of prison? I can't see anything obvious in the interface, and couldn't find anything from searching the forum, but just want to check I haven't missed anything.

If you click on the Kaiser, there should be a button to ransom the Duchess in his interface. Or, you can look up her character under the "abroad" category, but the Kaiser has to like you enough to do it.