• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like holding the counties. I don't like holding duchies, in fact I rarely hold them. So, I'm assuming that only holding its constituent counties is required?

Ah! Now I get it. Didn't know the answer to this, but I ran a quick test, and you need the Ducal title for it to trigger.

Patch 1.05 says:
"You can now ask to join many types of wars"

The AI uses this new option quite nicely. But how can this be done by the player? I see no option to join an ongoing war as supporter in the diplo menues. Do I miss something?

I have the same question. The "join" arrows only pop up in wars I'm already in, because of the icon with warscore that pops whenever you're at war. But I don't know how to join wars that other people are having. It doesn't seem to be a plot or diplo option or anything.

Patch 1.05 says:
"You can now ask to join many types of wars"

The AI uses this new option quite nicely. But how can this be done by the player? I see no option to join an ongoing war as supporter in the diplo menues. Do I miss something?

I have the same question. The "join" arrows only pop up in wars I'm already in, because of the icon with warscore that pops whenever you're at war. But I don't know how to join wars that other people are having. It doesn't seem to be a plot or diplo option or anything.

It's in the Diplomacy screen:

diplojoinwar.jpg

But there are some limits on which wars you CAN join.

Hey guys, I was playing Kingdom of England and my guys were normans, all of a sudden my Counts now have Earl in front of their name? Anyone know how this happen?

Instead of a count everyone is an earl now, Although i know they are the same rank, i just want to know how this happened!

Can you switch guys between council positions?

My chancellor died and the most diplomatic guy currently in my court is already my steward. I have other decent candidates for steward, but none for chancellor. I can fire him as my steward and then appoint him as my chancellor, but will he still carry an opinion hit for being fired, even though I really just meant him to switch spots?

He will take the opinion hit, squaregear :(

Then again, it also allows a little exploit where if you want to piss off a vassal you can add him and drop him over and over from the council. If they made the scores for appointment and removal equal, this exploit would be gone and you could more easily shuffle your cabinet. Probably not a bad idea.

Edit
Corp25: English, Irish, and (I think) Norman count-level titles are called Earls. I'm not really sure why they added this, it is nice flavour but then they should have it for more regions. As far as titles go, there are five cultures in the world: European, Greek, Arabic, Persian, and British Islanders.

This is the absoluite closest I got. Not quite there but close-ish. View attachment 52663

If you don't have the DLC, but can edit the files, then this is the code for the above CoA:

Thanks a lot for trying that out, that's close enough! :) When i'm some more into the game i will most likely grab the Ruler designer and start my own Dynasty. Just wanted to make sure i'll be able to build this kind of CoA.

Corp25: English, Irish, and (I think) Norman count-level titles are called Earls. I'm not really sure why they added this, it is nice flavour but then they should have it for more regions. As far as titles go, there are five cultures in the world: European, Greek, Arabic, Persian, and British Islanders.

Don't forget the Turks or the Mongols.

The different titles were confusing sometimes, mostly on lower levels. I can get count/earl/sheikh/chief/bey, but when you start throwing muftis and timars (sp.?) into it I just have to check their holdings to figure out who I just captured.

I am a bit confused with the new 'creating titular titles' in 1.05. The devs said it is possible to create for instance the Kingdom of Venice, but how? Is it also possible to create the Kingdom of Tyrol?

Please, could someone explain me this mechanic in more detail?

I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, but I think my question is in line with BalroG_'s: how does one create a Kingdom? I'm playing as the Duchy of Brittany. On the de jure kingdom map, I can see that Brittany is a kingdom unto itself, but I can't find anything that will let me create it. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, but I think my question is in line with BalroG_'s: how does one create a Kingdom? I'm playing as the Duchy of Brittany. On the de jure kingdom map, I can see that Brittany is a kingdom unto itself, but I can't find anything that will let me create it. Thanks in advance.
You have to open the de jure Kingdom map, then click on the CoA of Brittany (with the crown) and on the top left there should be a 'Create' button. If you met the requirements then you should be able to create the Kingdom.

How can I see which are my allies? And how can someone be defined as ally?

Allies: You have a tab in your character screen. Things like being of the same dynasty, marriages between both families and such define alliances.

As for allies in a war, for me the easiest way is to click on your capital on the map. There, you will see the list of people who are at war with you (and the people fighting at your side).