• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, uh...

Playing a king in India, I'm 6 years old, and my regent is my unlanded Guru.

A faction starts demanding reduced crown authority, and I get a message saying that since my regent supports the faction, the demand will go through automatically. Err? He's not landed, he's not on the faction list, what's going on? Is there something I'm missing?

The faction doesn't go away, either. It pushes my crown authority all the way down the scale before finally disbanding, all because apparently my regent really hates me.

Is this working as intended?

--

Just realized this has an additional wonderful side-effect: my character can never change another crown law. Oh joy.

My demense is too big, so I want to give one of my counties to my heir.
When I try to give him a title the only one I can grant him my primary county, which I can't really afford to lose to a vassal.

How do I relinquish one of the other counties I control? Presumably if I choose to give up a county it would become available to grant to my heir.

EDIT: could this be linked to the fact that I control 4 counties, have 4 sons and graveline sucession?

Last edited:
I was under the assumption that HRE-title would cease to exist if a heretic inherits it but in my resent game there's been 3 Waldensian Kaisers. Is this a bug?

The nature of the HRE changes based on what DLC's are enabled.

But generally, there are several titles that require specific religions to create (via the Create button or via Decision) but you don't need those religions to hold the title (with the exception of religious leader titles).

What does the Found HRE decision event text say? Or which csv file is it located in?

I found this in v2.20.csv:

Code:
form_the_hre_early_desc;Is it not every [Root.GetTitle]'s dream to be recognized as the true successor to the Caesars? I can invoke the translatio imperii and have [Root.RelHead.GetBestName] crown me as ruler of a new Roman Empire in the west!

There's another decision (form_the_hre - which I think came with the Old Gods or shortly thereafter) but I can't find it in the localisation files.

I used my spy to strong-arm a neighbouring earl into joining my independence plot. He agreed to join, but he does not show in my list of co-plotters. Is this a bug?

It's not well-known that if you try and strong-arm a vassal that has been forced not to associate with factions by your liege, he'll promise to join and then never do so. Although the action seems to be buggy as well. There was a thread about it recently.

I was under the assumption that HRE-title would cease to exist if a heretic inherits it but in my resent game there's been 3 Waldensian Kaisers. Is this a bug?

Code:
e_hre = {                      # Created by special decision only
	color={ 250 250 250 }
	color2={ 0 0 0 }

capital = 90 # J¸lich / Aachen

short_name = yes

allow = {
		always = no # Only created through special decisions
	}
}

(there's another HRE title, probably something to do with the Charlemagne DLC but I'm not sure exactly how they work.)

Unlike, say, the Sunni Caliphate, the HRE title lacks a religion=sunni or religion=catholic label in its file.

My demense is too big, so I want to give one of my counties to my heir.
When I try to give him a title the only one I can grant him my primary county, which I can't really afford to lose to a vassal.

How do I relinquish one of the other counties I control? Presumably if I choose to give up a county it would become available to grant to my heir.

EDIT: could this be linked to the fact that I control 4 counties, have 4 sons and graveline sucession?

You can't give more than one county to your heir under gavelkind.

I am the King of Latium (Custom Kingdom in Italy) and a vassal of the Byzantines. I can't give out Viceroyalties, although my Emporer has the law for it. I also waited 100years that I dejure drift in the empire, but still no Viceroyalties.
In the Patchnotes there was the line, that you could as vassal hand out viceroyalties, so why I can't do? (Also I do have CM DLC)

Last edited:
I am the King of Latium (Custom Kingdom in Italy) and a vassal of the Byzantines. I can't give out Viceroyalties, although my Emporer has the law for it. I also waited 100years that I dejure drift in the empire, but still no Viceroyalties.
In the Patchnotes there was the line, that you could as vassal hand out viceroyalties, so why I can't do? (Also I do have CM DLC)

Your kingdom laws are separate from the laws of the Byzantine Empire.
It is super annoying, because when I hand out Viceroy Kingdom titles, they all fucking lower the taxes so I get less income.

Which is why mega-viceroy dukes (ie one duke with ~kingdom level amount of vassals, but in different kingdoms so he can never create a kingdom title) + agnatic inheritance (no intermarriage inheritance between daughters of dukes and other dukes) and medium crown law (bastards can't expand inside the realm via war) + is the best way to deal with vassal limit.

Which is why mega-viceroy dukes (ie one duke with ~kingdom level amount of vassals, but in different kingdoms so he can never create a kingdom title) + agnatic inheritance (no intermarriage inheritance between daughters of dukes and other dukes) and medium crown law (bastards can't expand inside the realm via war) + is the best way to deal with vassal limit.
With the Charlemagne DLC, won't the Superdukes be able to create custom kingdoms?

BTW: How do you force your vassals into Agnatic succession? Do you have to be Agnatic yourself?

Normally I play Agnatic-Cognatic or Absolute Cognatic and my vassals always end up with Agnatic-Cognatic by default (even when I am Absolute Cognatic and hand out a title to a woman, it reverts to Agnatic-Cognatic).

I like to keep Crown Authority at Medium (not High), to keep most of my vassals at Gavelkind.

I've been thinking about finally getting around to doing a Tengri game, but when is the Altaic culture invasion CB actually available? The wiki describes it as being available against non pagans. I loaded up as the Khan of Cumania 1066, bordering the Orthodox Alania, and no invasion CB was available. Thinking it might have changed to be only available vs non-tribes, I switched over to the Pechenegs, bordering Byzantium etc, and no invasion CB was available there either. Although Cumania has a small border with Byzantium (Cherson) and there was no invasion CB available vs them either.