• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How does "invite to carousing" work (inviting to parties) which is unlocked by choosing the Carousing focus? I checked the intrigue tab... nothing. I checked the diplomacy options I have for my wife, different courtiers and vassalls... nothing. Does it have something to do with me being at war right now? Where can I find the option to throw some parties with troublesome vassals?

I am not sure but i think its only for those vassals that hate you and when you are at peace ?. Almost like a feast can only happen during Peace maybe this can only happen during peace ?

When is the Lombardy flag supposed to change to an Italian one? In my game it happened already but the current king is still a Lombard.

EDIT: I should probably mention that the kingdom itself is still called Lombardy and it's only 770-something

Counts I imprison just pop out of prison without any kind of notification, is this them being jailbreaked and there's just not a notification for it or a bug?

I just started a new game on Crusader Kings 2 but have not gotten "Way of Life". Would I have to delete my old game before installing it or can I just continue my current game with it?

If you began your game on the 2.2.1, then you could roll back to 2.2.1 or just play on the current version, but some bugfixes might not work on that old game.
Compatibility to the last Beta version is more or less guaranteed ('more or less').
In short, you can play on the recent version, but it cold be wonky.

edit2:

Oops.
Now i get it.
You started a new game on 2.3 and ask if you can continue after you got WoL...
Sure you can.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If you began your game on the 2.2.1, then you could roll back to 2.2.1 or just play on the current version, but some bugfixes might not work on that old game.
Compatibility to the last Beta version is more or less guaranteed ('more or less').
In short, you can play on the recent version, but it cold be wonky.

edit2:

Oops.
Now i get it.
You started a new game on 2.3 and ask if you can continue after you got WoL...
Sure you can.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks, I started off a character to test the setting and found myself attached to the setup. The game was indeed begun in 2.3 and I am happy to know I can fiddle with it until I decide to pick up WoL.

I'm starting as Petty King of Northumbria in the Earliest setting (Charlegmane). Anyways, half of my vassals are chiefs, so they hate me because I am feudal and they are not, any way to combat this?

Also on another game I had a couple of republics within my domain (Feudal) how do you eventually get them to like you again?

Do any of the Foci have events that remove Stress, etc...

Never mind - I looked in the files. Carousing has stress removing events but also has a few that add stress. Having a Lover can also remove stress.

Last edited:
I'm starting as Petty King of Northumbria in the Earliest setting (Charlegmane). Anyways, half of my vassals are chiefs, so they hate me because I am feudal and they are not, any way to combat this?

Also on another game I had a couple of republics within my domain (Feudal) how do you eventually get them to like you again?

You fix that by upgrading their capital to a lvl 4 hillfort. They'll feudalize and no longer hate you. (so no, there's no direct way to 'combat' that. You could take the tribal lands away from the chiefs and give them to feudal rulers, but that'd mean eating alot of tyrany points. And you'd be making some very powerfull vassals, which can prove an extremely bad idea later)
As for republics, they will always keep the opinion penalty. But that's offset by the massive amounts of money they make you. So you just bribe them to like you if they become a problem, and otherwise eat the penalty. It's not that significant

You fix that by upgrading their capital to a lvl 4 hillfort. They'll feudalize and no longer hate you. (so no, there's no direct way to 'combat' that. You could take the tribal lands away from the chiefs and give them to feudal rulers, but that'd mean eating alot of tyrany points. And you'd be making some very powerfull vassals, which can prove an extremely bad idea later)
As for republics, they will always keep the opinion penalty. But that's offset by the massive amounts of money they make you. So you just bribe them to like you if they become a problem, and otherwise eat the penalty. It's not that significant

Thank you!

This may be a stupid question, but I haven't played in a long time, and I noticed I can no longer change my succession law to elective; it is simply not available. I've started a game as a count in france in 1066 and a duke in England in the Charlemagne start date, and I simply can't change my succession law to anything other than gavelkind, primogeniture or seniority, even as an independant king. Is there a reason for this or am I simply that out of practice?

so, i had some wierd bugs in my game, and wanted to fix them with the console, only to find out i couldnt open the console like i used to(TAB+`). did this change?

It can depend on what regional keyboard you are using. I know that in various games and I use a UK Keyboard it can actually be JUST the tilde key ` without tab or shift. Also in a very few games I've found it to be the @ symbol sometimes.

§ may also work (Swiss/German setting), left upper corner in the main block.

How do you pronounce Exarch or Exarchate?