• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all. Just at the start of a new game as Aragon. I'm concentrating on economic upgrades atm, so I wanted a little military boost. I've read about making mercenaries your vassal. I had assumed I would do that by granting the leader a landed title, but there's no option to do that. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Patch 1.05 says:
"You can now ask to join many types of wars"

The AI uses this new option quite nicely. But how can this be done by the player? I see no option to join an ongoing war as supporter in the diplo menues. Do I miss something?

I want to play William, conquer england and after that form great britain via assimilation of long held duchies ... it should be possible if i conquer for example wales or scotland and hold the duchy for 100 years? do i understand this new feature correctly? and am i allowed to form wales to get wales as de jure part of england or should i just get the duchies?

Is there any reason for a Holy Order to simply disappear from the map (they were over 6000 soldiers) while I was at war with the infidels?

And I've seen they mention that have a maintenance cost. Wasn't it supposed to be free of charge while waging war against the infidels?

Ok, thanks. So, could I preserve them and maybe have them at a cheaper maintenance cost if I turhn their leader a vasal of mine (i.e. giving him a fief)?

I have a problem with my "raised levies" icon. It appears usually on main screen when vassals are angry about their levies raised to long by their liege. It helps to remind how big is vassals anger. Now my problem is that I had accidentaly turn it off by right clicking on it. Now I don't know how to bring it back. I searched in game settings and messages but it wasn't there. I tried also loading the game with no effect. Any ideas?

What to do? I inherit the Western Isles with a very young woman. I had betrothed my ruler to a guy very early on after she became ruler. Now that she's turned 16, the bethrothed man won't be allowed to marry because "he's our marshall". Is there anything I can do about this? Do I have to take the hit and break off the bethrothal to get married? This doesn't seem fair at all.

I am playing as a count of the Kindom of France and have a problem. In the realm there is medium royal autority but the IA vassals can declare wars in the realm and usurp titles to other vassals... Why cant i do that??

Sorry for my bad english

Hi all. Just at the start of a new game as Aragon. I'm concentrating on economic upgrades atm, so I wanted a little military boost. I've read about making mercenaries your vassal. I had assumed I would do that by granting the leader a landed title, but there's no option to do that. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

There's currently no non-exploitative way to vassalise mercs.

How do you change the end date?

This is defined in the file common\defines.txt
It contains this bit of code:

Code:
start_date = 1066.9.15
last_start_date = 1337.1.1
end_date = 1453.1.1

You want to change the third line from the top.

Is it possible with the Ruler Designer to recreate the coat of arms of my home city: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neu-Isenburg ?

This is the absoluite closest I got. Not quite there but close-ish. coatest.jpg

If you don't have the DLC, but can edit the files, then this is the code for the above CoA:

Code:
    coat_of_arms = {
        template = 3
        layer = {
            texture = 0
            texture_internal = 8
            emblem = 0
            color = 3
            color = 1
            color = 0
        }
        layer = {
            texture = 0
            texture_internal = 8
            emblem = 0
            color = 1
            color = 5
            color = 0
        }
        layer = {
            texture = 0
            texture_internal = 8
            emblem = 0
            color = 3
            color = 1
            color = 11
        }
        layer = {
            texture = 2
            texture_internal = 2
            emblem = 0
            color = 0
            color = 3
            color = 0
        }
    }
Sorry for the newb question but if i started a game with the 1.05b patch, is it safe to continue it with the 1.05c patch?

Thanks.

Certainly looks that way, I've had no trouble so far.

Last edited:
and u dont know the answer to my question? :(

Let's see now... Most likely, the wars you're seeing are plot wars. Wars initiated as a result of plots to usurp one title or another. See if it's possibly for you to plot for the titles of anyone around you.

But what do you mean "IA vassals"?