• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have some questions regarding combat balance. So, I know that all troops have a number for moral, and a number for attack and defense in each battle phase type.
If 100 troops with 10 attack and 1 defense are fighting 100 troops with 1 attack and 10 defense, who will win?
What about 1000 troops with 1 attack and 1 defense fighting 100 troops with 10 attack and 10 defense?
What changes the speed at which morale lowers?

Last edited:
So I am going to assume that the game can not be played on Windows 8.1 operation system ?. I recently got a new laptop and so I re installed Ck2. And it turns out the game refuses to run. it will load into the game and then after clicking start a normal game. All I see is the map of europe and that is it. I can not click to start a game or nothing since I am unable to see the bottom of the screen ( where it says Recent Content ). So Now after 220 hours of playing this lovely game. I can no longer play it on a windows 8.1 64 bit computer ?

which reminds me.. Why is it saying its a 32 bit Game when I have a 64 bit computer ?. Not sure maybe i installed the wrong steam ?. No idea but another game works fine, But ck2 does not

and this is what I see now when I try to play the game. nothing else but this sadly and I do not understand it at all. all I did was get a new laptop with Windows 8.1 on it . So any Quick answers to this since I cant play the game now :(. as normally it will go into save games etc.. Or show me the location for playing single player.. and i cant even see the bottom half so yeah no idea what happened :(

So I am going to assume that the game can not be played on Windows 8.1 operation system ?. I recently got a new laptop and so I re installed Ck2. And it turns out the game refuses to run. it will load into the game and then after clicking start a normal game. All I see is the map of europe and that is it. I can not click to start a game or nothing since I am unable to see the bottom of the screen ( where it says Recent Content ). So Now after 220 hours of playing this lovely game. I can no longer play it on a windows 8.1 64 bit computer ?

which reminds me.. Why is it saying its a 32 bit Game when I have a 64 bit computer ?. Not sure maybe i installed the wrong steam ?. No idea but another game works fine, But ck2 does not

8.1 works just fine for me. Must be something else
As for bit: A program can be either 32 bit or 64 bit, and that has nothing to do with the bit 'size' of your computer (except I believe 32bit windows can't run 64bit programs). 32bit programs can't optimally use memory, even though the computer they run on (64bit) can

Greets!
Since the lastest patch elective monarhy law seems to be useless. No matter if all my electors have 100 opinion of me they always support some other duke outside the dynasty. Anyone can refer to this?

and this is what I see now when I try to play the game. nothing else but this sadly and I do not understand it at all. all I did was get a new laptop with Windows 8.1 on it . So any Quick answers to this since I cant play the game now :(. as normally it will go into save games etc.. Or show me the location for playing single player.. and i cant even see the bottom half so yeah no idea what happened :(

It seems the game resolution is too large and your laptops screen can't handle it. Go to My Documents -> Paradox Interactive -> Crusader Kings II. Open the settings.txt file and change the x and y numbers under graphics to your default screen resolution. Then just relaunch the game.

If you're caught up in someone else's war (dragged into it due to alliances and underestimated how annoying this crap would be), is there a way to bail? Or are you stuck until the end of the war (if there isn't a way to walk off, it seems a bit unrealistic although...especially when the war always being dragged towards 0% due to both your allies and enemies being idiots)

How can I highlight on the map the totality of the possessions of a ruler ? I mean if one is King of Denmark and Ireland and other realms, clicking on his main realm flag "Denmark" will only highlight Denmark etc. If I possess several duchies I can only highlight one duchy at a time.

If you're caught up in someone else's war (dragged into it due to alliances and underestimated how annoying this crap would be), is there a way to bail? Or are you stuck until the end of the war (if there isn't a way to walk off, it seems a bit unrealistic although...especially when the war always being dragged towards 0% due to both your allies and enemies being idiots)

There's none that I know of save killing the claimant (if there is one), thus ending the war, or killing your own character.

How can I highlight on the map the totality of the possessions of a ruler ? I mean if one is King of Denmark and Ireland and other realms, clicking on his main realm flag "Denmark" will only highlight Denmark etc. If I possess several duchies I can only highlight one duchy at a time.

You could use the diplomatic mapmode and click on one of his provinces: his realm will be green on the map.

How can i marry one of my heir in an elective gavelkind Italy to a foreign character? When i click on arrange a marriage in any kingdom there isn't my heir in the list.. I can only marry him to a member of my own court

No, if you land him you won't be able to control who he marries.

He doesn't have a trait that would prevent him from reproducing, like Celibate or Monk, does he?

Hey!
I am currently playing as Bavaria in the Holy Roman Empire and there is a civil war to lower crown authority going on that wants to lower crown authority that stays on 100% Warscore for months without ending the war.... Any clue what could have happened?
One County of the Holy Roman Empire Revolt is being occupied by Croatia. As i am not leader i cannot do much except thin out the number of the Kaisers troops...

Edit: Got it. It was the one county being occupied by Croatia that prevented the war from finishing. Rigt after the HRE Revolt set it free we won.

Last edited:
I am creating a custom character with the ruler designer, a man ruling as a Frankish Duke. What will happen if I give him the pregnant trait? Will there be a child?