• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You won't be able to convert people outside your counties, since your neighbours will be mostly Miaphysite Christians and Muslims (you might have had some success if they were pagan).

As for "how can I avoid being invaded and losing" - that's not the sort of thing that can be given in a Quick Answer. You'd have better results starting a thread on the subject - I'm sure someone can give you some advice about it - or searching the forum for previous threads about Semien.

Yes, and to further highlight that coversion probability is highly related to MA. So if your MA is below 80, it tends to take a pretty long time. And the only way to boost MA is to claim back at least 3 or more religious sites.

Using steam, I rolled to a previous version using the beta system, but I cannot see a setting to rejoin the beta and get the latest patches? I cannot play Game of Thrones? How to I get my game back on track? It used to say Crusader Kings II [Beta] now it says Crusader Kings II [2.1.6]!

Using steam, I rolled to a previous version using the beta system, but I cannot see a setting to rejoin the beta and get the latest patches? I cannot play Game of Thrones? How to I get my game back on track? It used to say Crusader Kings II [Beta] now it says Crusader Kings II [2.1.6]!

There's no beta any more, 2.2.1 was made official this week.

If you want to get back to a 2.2.x install, just go Properties -> Betas -> NONE.

There's no beta any more, 2.2.1 was made official this week.

If you want to get back to a 2.2.x install, just go Properties -> Betas -> NONE.

This process might not remove the [beta] indication next to the game's name, however. It didn't, for me. But the checksum is right, so I know I'm not really running a beta.

Log out of steam and then log back in and it will remove ( Beta ) next to Crusader Kings 2.

Log out of steam and then log back in and it will remove ( Beta ) next to Crusader Kings 2.
Ah, cheers. But it doesn't really annoy me.

Hello, I have two questions about waging war in CK2.
1. I'm playing as Shia Portuguese and have a Duchy of Sinai. I want to expand into the Holy Land which is owned by the Abbasid superblob (when will the decadence be fixed already?). However, the only option I have is to declare invasion on them. When I started playing my current game on the Iberian peninsula, I could declare Holy Wars on Sunnis as a Shia just fine. Now I can't choose this option anymore, I can only invade, which is boring. With invasions I can repaint the whole map in 100 years, and I'm in 1211 yet. I want to use Holy Wars to make expansion process slower in order to prolong my game. I read that one must border infidels for the "Holy War" option to appear, and I border Sunnis as a Shia, but I can't declare Holy Wars. Why?
2. Is there a sure way to make my ruler stop leading armies? Even after 130 hours in the game, I still haven't figured that out. I usually swap my commanders until after some random combination of them my ruler returns to the capital. Is there any "Retire" button or something?

2. Is there a sure way to make my ruler stop leading armies? Even after 130 hours in the game, I still haven't figured that out. I usually swap my commanders until after some random combination of them my ruler returns to the capital. Is there any "Retire" button or something?

There's a bug I've noticed where commanders 'stack' on the same army... If you just try to replace a commander without having him resign or merge multiple armies, he is a commander still but 'underneath' the showing commander whose stats get applied for the battle (if that makes any sense)... if you go through all your armies and press resign on your commanders til they're empty that should solve it. You can tell if he is leading troops by going to the character screen and seeing if a little sword appears in the upper left of his portrait indicating he is leading an army.

I have noticed a time or two where my leader get injured in a battle even though not leading troops, but I assume thats a bug or some sort because he always is much less likely to be injured/killed when I make sure to remove him from command.

If you are not independent and have a liege, then there's nothing that can be done other than going into hiding. There are some short term work arounds, but for the most part if your liege wants you leading troops then youre gonna be leading troops.

Which factors make a county an available choice for the chancellor's 'fabricate claim'-mission?

(background of the question: Starting as one county-vassal I sent my chancellor to a fellow vassal I did not like to gain a CB on him. The chancellor was high-dip and had a 25% chance per year to fabricate the claim. Yet after 30 years he still had not succeeded (about 0,02% probability). When I finally gave up and wanted to reassign him I noticed that the county I had sent him to was now greyed out for 'fabricate claim'-missions. I assume it had been that way for most of those decades, which made it impossible for him to succeed - a rather annoying 'feature'.)

Can you fabricate a claim on a county, while you're at war with the kingdom that owns the same province? (And you've sieged it down).
As I'm currently occupying Rome, in hopes of fabricating a claim on it to stop the idiot Pope from building churches there...
(And if I got the claim, make them surrender and immediatly declare war again

Anyone know why the game is telling me one of my prisoners is 'Too distant to interact with'? As a norse Jarl based in the Faroe islands I captured a Greek child from a Byzantine province in Crimea. I kept her prisoner until she was age 6 with the plan to educate and convert her to Germanic paganism, but now that she has reached age 6 the game has greyed out the 'Educate' option saying that the child must not be too distant to interact with. I'm stumped, because she is still imprisoned in my capital and my character is also currently reigning there.

My god I hate the pope so much.
Does the fat bastard HAVE to build Rome full of god damned churches...
Of course you don't get claims when you need them

Does vassals ever raid? Since I unified all norse I haven't seen a single ship or raider army out doing their thing. The only viking left in the world is appearently me.