• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How does one change ones vote for Crown Authority? I'm currently opposed. I want High crown authority to get primogeniture. My votes would win the election.

You need to increase their opinion of you. To do this :

1) Send gifts.
2) Grant honorary titles
3) Fulfill their ambitions
4) Appoint them as your councillors
5) Grant them lands ( obviously, the least desirable of all )

Last edited:
How does one change ones vote for Crown Authority? I'm currently opposed. I want High crown authority to get primogeniture. My votes would win the election.

I assume you're a vassal? If you are, then the popup will come around again at some point. Otherwise, what's been posted above.

Started the game as duchy of Apulia and I have sworn fealty to HRE later in the game so that I would be able to get some lands in HRE but then I realize that HRE has high crown authority. In my other games I always had a plot to lower the crown authority but now with duchy of Apulia I dont have that option! And other duchies in HRE dont even bother fighting against HRE ( at least not together).

Quick question: Why I cant plot against HRE Emperor to lower the crown authority?

Started the game as duchy of Apulia and I have sworn fealty to HRE later in the game so that I would be able to get some lands in HRE but then I realize that HRE has high crown authority. In my other games I always had a plot to lower the crown authority but now with duchy of Apulia I dont have that option! And other duchies in HRE dont even bother fighting against HRE ( at least not together).

Quick question: Why I cant plot against HRE Emperor to lower the crown authority?

I believe that you need to be within the de jure lands of your liege to plot to lower crown authority.

1. What autonomy do my vassals have and can I annex them?

They have full autonomy, unless they are restricted in some way by crown law (can't wage war against each other/can't wage war at all).

You can revoke their titles which is similar to annexing as you gain the revoked title. However, if you do not have just cause for this, you will get a rather hefty -20 opinion hit with every other vassal of yours. If you plan on revoking the titles of every single one of your vassals, this is not a problem, but only rulers with few vassals can do this without going above the demesne limit.

2. How do I improve my income?

Gain land/vassals. Construct buildings that improve your income (castle village and upgrade it). Raise taxes and/or keep your vassals happy.

In my current game I am the King of Sicily, Africa and Egypt and have just recently created the kingdom south of Egypt (can't remember the name). Rebellions and Wars of independence are very common in that kingdom, and I have an army marching trough the desert (which takes ages) to put down some type of pathetic uprising almost constantly.

Would I benefit from creating and handing out duchies in that area?

In my current game I am the King of Sicily, Africa and Egypt and have just recently created the kingdom south of Egypt (can't remember the name). Rebellions and Wars of independence are very common in that kingdom, and I have an army marching trough the desert (which takes ages) to put down some type of pathetic uprising almost constantly.

Only do this if you have distant relatives with content traits. Otherwise, you will have created more powerful vassals that will probably revolt again.

As Aodh said, you can only plot against de Jure liege, but rather than working to lower the Crown Authority, create the Kingdom of Sicily, as that will let you operate independently of their Crown Laws, stealing as many of their vassals as you can handle.

Give the kingdom away to a dynastic member who's been educated by a Monophysite Ethiopian. Leaving you without the bother of managing the area.

Give the kingdom away to a dynastic member who's been educated by a Monophysite Ethiopian. Leaving you without the bother of managing the area.

Hey, then what is the point of conquering new lands if you won't be the King of these lands. I say convert them, appoint rulers with content traits and massacre them until you stabilize the region. That's what a good King would do.

Hey, then what is the point of conquering new lands if you won't be the King of these lands. I say convert them, appoint rulers with content traits and massacre them until you stabilize the region. That's what a good King would do.

Thats also what I have been doing, but I am getting sick and tired of handling rebellions...

Another question: When does the game end?

Will my vassals like me more if I build stuff in their holdings?

If I build a castle in a vassal county, who will get the baron title, me or the count?

I don't think so. You will get the new barony, but your count won't be happy with you for keeping it or giving it to your own lackey. Better to give it to him or transferring vassalage.

Adding to your barons' holdings won't improve relations AFAIK. You get a relations bonus for getting them to stop supporting a plot or by putting down a rebellion in their county or supporting their claims by war, but not digging your baron a moat or adding on to your baron-level bishop's cathedral though you should.