• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do I get this right that this does work with Rajas of India, but NOT with Charlemagne?
That would be an explaination...

Nope, that bit there is to stop the decision being used to convert to Orthodoxy if you're the Byzantine Emperor: you can't use it if:

- you're un-playable (no, I don't understand that bit.)
- your capital has the same religion as you do
- you have a liege, who has the same religion as you do
- you're of an Indian religion with an Indian religion capital
- you're a holy order
- you control the religion (e.g. pope, caliph, Fylkir)
- you don't have Rajas of India
- you're an Iconoclast Byzantine Emperor who controls Constantinople, your capital is Orthodox and you have the Charlemagne DLC (because the Renounce Iconoclasm decision is restricted to people with Charlemagne)

- plus the restrictions in the allow = { section, but those don't prevent the decision appearing.

No, he read it right. You need the RoI DLC in order to take the "convert to province religion" button. It was a part of the DLC.

I play as Karloman Karling. How can I get claims to thrones of Lombardy and Bavaria?

The old fashioned way. Marry for one.

Why can't I create the duchy of Mordva, or Mari?

Code:
		d_maris = {
			color = { 150 130 45 }

capital = 588 # Mari

allow = {
				always = no
			}

always = no means they cannot be created.

No, he read it right. You need the RoI DLC in order to take the "convert to province religion" button. It was a part of the DLC.

Yes, he read that bit right, which is why I mentioned it in that long list. But having Charlemagne does not disable the decision.

Yes, he read that bit right, which is why I mentioned it in that long list. But having Charlemagne does not disable the decision.

Fair enough. I guess I just found it confusing that you said "no" to his question first, but I see now that you were just trying to tell him that Charlemagne is (usually) irrelevant.

Upgrade the hillfort or market to level 4 and then select the option to in the intrigue tab to feudalise/become a republic and the tribe will change to a castle or city. It can be worth upgrading the other buildings too.
You can also hand it off to a vassal and they will eventually upgrade it but that will probably take years.

In case anyone is wondering about the specific worth of prestige-cost buildings in tribal holdings, they convert as a 2 tribal levels for 1 feudal level of the equivalent. Basically, it's pretty cost effective to burn off extra prestige (over 2000) by building them, and you should try to get them to either 2 or 4 before feudalizing the territory if you do.

Iberian cultures in CM

Hi there,

Does anyone know what are the conditions for the appearance of Portuguese and Spanish cultures in the Iberian Peninsula when starting from the CM start date?

Is it actually easier to get caught in an assassination plot when you have lots of plotters? Does high character intrigue actually help and does low intrigue hurt? The game's underwent a lot of changes so I'm not certain anymore.

Will the Achievement "Pentarch" still work if I'm Iconoclast or any other Orthodox Heresy? Or do I absolutely have to be Orthodox?

Unless they've changed this between 2.1.6 and 2.2.x, you do have to absolutely be of the Orthodox faith.

Here's the code:

Code:
# "Pentarch" - As an Orthodox Christian, hold Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem.
PENTARCH = {
	possible = {
		is_ironman = yes
	}

happened = {
		religion = orthodox
		any_realm_province = {
			province_id = 333	# Rome
		}
		any_realm_province = {
			province_id = 496	# Constantinople
		}
		any_realm_province = {
			province_id = 802	# Alexandria
		}
		any_realm_province = {
			province_id = 764	# Antioch
		}
		any_realm_province = {
			province_id = 774	# Jerusalem
		}
	}
}

how do you convert religion of provinces quickly. I see that Byzantine Empiror converted to catholic, all the provinces converted very quickly. How does AI do this?

how do you convert religion of provinces quickly. I see that Byzantine Empiror converted to catholic, all the provinces converted very quickly. How does AI do this?

Increasing your Moral Authority and decreasing the Moral Authority of the faith whose provinces you want to convert is best, as well as having a very capable Court Chaplain and (ideally) zealous vassals.

I'd assume that Orthodox provinces convert to Catholic very quickly once the Byzantine Empire goes Catholic because Orthodoxy then controls precisely 0 Holy Sites.

High moral authority and court chaplain skill first -- those are critical to your percent chance. Organized faiths also do better.
Zealous vassals second -- they'll try on their own.
Finally: Luck. It's still all probability.

I'm a king. One of my grandson (who is not heir to any title in my realm) is a heir to some duchy outside my realm. If I give him barony in my realm before he inherit that duchy, do that duchy become part of my realm, or the barony become part of other realm?

I think he needs to be at least a Duke already in your realm to inherit that other duchy into your realm. If that other realm has high crown authority though, he won't inherit the foreign duchy after you've landed him in yours.

You are correct. The rule is actually simple: If his his primary title will change as a result of the inheritance, his status will change to that status. If his primary title will not change as a result of the inheritance, his status will also not change. The new title MUST BE HIGHER RANK for his primary title to change.

Hey guys, just started playing still figuring stuff out, I'm Leon and have pretty much all of Iberia. The problem is I have Gravelkind succession and have a younger brother that's going to split the kingdom I've worked hard to put together in two. Wondering how people usually dealt with this, Thanks

Hey guys, just started playing still figuring stuff out, I'm Leon and have pretty much all of Iberia. The problem is I have Gravelkind succession and have a younger brother that's going to split the kingdom I've worked hard to put together in two. Wondering how people usually dealt with this, Thanks

You could assassinate him via plot. I think that if you build a new temple and grant him that, that you will disinherit him. Also, you can appoint him as a successor to a Bishop and then have the Bishop assassinated. There's an Order To Take Vows option available:

Order to take the:
The character will remain in court, but can no longer inherit. A man will become a monk Monk.png; a woman will become a nun Nun.png.

Conditions are:

the target character must be unmarried.
the target character must either be a prisoner, or not an heir to any title.
the requester must not be in a regency.

Is it just me or are most troops for tengri steppe guys light infantry in CM? Also with a different sprite then before...
Shouldn't they be horse-archers mostly?