• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So in my current ERE game i recently switched to elective law (had primogeniture but my relatives kept revolting) so right now my brother is the heir so I have him nominated but if my first son grows up and I like him more do I have to keep my bro as my nomination choice or can i choose my son, does my bro being my heir mean that once the current emperor dies i will be him?

I'm playing as the small two-province nation in Ireland (at the earliest start date). I have a claim on a one-province county south of me, but all my levies (personal plus vassals) are smaller than their siege defenders. Is there a way for me to win the province without hiring mercenaries (the smallest mercenary group would probably bankrupt me)?

So in my current ERE game i recently switched to elective law (had primogeniture but my relatives kept revolting) so right now my brother is the heir so I have him nominated but if my first son grows up and I like him more do I have to keep my bro as my nomination choice or can i choose my son, does my bro being my heir mean that once the current emperor dies i will be him?

You can change your nomination at any time from the laws screen. Whether everyone switches their vote to your choice is another matter.

I'm playing as the small two-province nation in Ireland (at the earliest start date). I have a claim on a one-province county south of me, but all my levies (personal plus vassals) are smaller than their siege defenders. Is there a way for me to win the province without hiring mercenaries (the smallest mercenary group would probably bankrupt me)?

If you revoke vassal titles, you'll have access to the complete levies of your cities and bishoprics, which will give you the edge you need in that first battle.

In my current game as the Galta Family in Sweden. I have two problems: the Stenkils (King) have become Russians and Orthodox for the most part. I am Duke of Vastergotland and hold all the counties of Duchy of Bergslagen,but some one else has title. Its about 35 years before the Mongols show up. Should I become Russian and Orthodox or should I be a Swedish Patriot. Also how can I get the Ducal title away from my rival? I don't have a claim trying to fabricate one. Any suggestions are welcome.
I

In my current game as the Galta Family in Sweden. I have two problems: the Stenkils (King) have become Russians and Orthodox for the most part. I am Duke of Vastergotland and hold all the counties of Duchy of Bergslagen,but some one else has title. Its about 35 years before the Mongols show up. Should I become Russian and Orthodox or should I be a Swedish Patriot. Also how can I get the Ducal title away from my rival? I don't have a claim trying to fabricate one. Any suggestions are welcome.
I

If you hold all the territories, you should be able to usurp his title. Browse to the title and the option should be there.

Personally, I'd present a united front to the horde, but it's up to you.

If you hold all the territories, you should be able to usurp his title. Browse to the title and the option should be there.

Personally, I'd present a united front to the horde, but it's up to you.

Can't usurp within same Kingdom. Real pain in Ass.Having -75 relations with someone because you hold all their counties. When everything would be fixed by my getting the title.

I'm planning starting a new game when the next patch comes out. Any idea:

1) When it'll be released

2) Whether I'll be able to use the new titular/kingdom system to unite all the Spanish Kingdoms to create the Kingdom of Spain (I realise this didn't happen until 1492 irl, but it's plausible it could have happened earlier).

I'm planning starting a new game when the next patch comes out. Any idea:

1) When it'll be released

2) Whether I'll be able to use the new titular/kingdom system to unite all the Spanish Kingdoms to create the Kingdom of Spain (I realise this didn't happen until 1492 irl, but it's plausible it could have happened earlier).

1) April 17th.

2) There is no Kingdom of Spain at the moment, and there probably will not be in the patch.

everytime I start game every stat and relationship number change, they arent stable, but I want them stable cos I want to memorize relationships so when I pick anouther stating place I dont have to check every relation again and not gonna get confused like oww in this start this guy hates this guy etc.

any help?

Can I have my ruler abdicate I had one ruler reign for 64 years and was really worried my son who was over 50 would die, luckly he did not but can I have my ruler abdicate so I can play as my son?

If you revoke vassal titles, you'll have access to the complete levies of your cities and bishoprics, which will give you the edge you need in that first battle.

Thanks. I also realized that I can use my marshal to increase levy size, which gave me the boost I needed.

It helped that my vassal had actually attempted to declare independence, so after I beat and imprisoned him I was able to take his county without relation penalties.:)

1) April 17th.

2) There is no Kingdom of Spain at the moment, and there probably will not be in the patch.

There isn't, but unifying Spain is specifically mentioned in the dev diary.

A bonus from revoking cities/bishoprics when you're small (aside from no vassals = who cares that you get -80 to vassal relations from revoking) is that using your marshal to train troops and steward to collect taxes really stacks up nicely, since you get the benefits from all holdings directly to yourself.

Can I have my ruler abdicate I had one ruler reign for 64 years and was really worried my son who was over 50 would die, luckly he did not but can I have my ruler abdicate so I can play as my son?

I think you can abdicate pretty much only by losing an excommunication war/a succession crisis.

Does anyone know how to change the colour of a country on the independent nations map?

Found answer: It's modible under the file name "landed_titles.txt" under common, where there is a colour associated with each title (just what I wanted :D).

Last edited: