• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Got a problem with Republics (never had a war against them until now); so I am playing like Apulia and suddenly Pisa is claiming a town from one of my vassals duchies...and they won the war! (my leader was crap and I was defending Antioch which was inherited). Now apparently the town is theirs but I don't know how to claim it back ; am I missing something? Boy those republics are vicious, attacked me all of them at once (Venice, Pisa, Genoa).

How do you hold on to England if you play as Norway? Destroy the title and then fight many internal wars or what?

What exactly seems to be your problem? Destroying the title might be a good idea in the long run, but in short time, everybody who is a de jure vassal of England will get angry. Your problem seems to be short term, since long term, you really shouldn't have any problems holding onto England, thus destroying the title might not be the best course of action.

@ amz - you should be able to claim it back via the county claim casus belli I'd say, if I'm not missing something.

What exactly seems to be your problem? Destroying the title might be a good idea in the long run, but in short time, everybody who is a de jure vassal of England will get angry. Your problem seems to be short term, since long term, you really shouldn't have any problems holding onto England, thus destroying the title might not be the best course of action.

I'm not very good as this game as I've mostly played EU. But theres always so many hostile factions/rebellions etc.

I'm not very good as this game as I've mostly played EU. But theres always so many hostile factions/rebellions etc.

Eh, it's a lot easier than EU, so you'll grow into it fairly soon, I'd wager.
Have you tried throwing money at them? This will go a long way to ensuring they don't form dangerous factions. Bribe people, and assassinate the ambitious ones, they're more trouble than they're worth. Also, educate for diplomacy and try to gain positive traits.

Alternatively, though that might strike you as a bit gamey... I'm not 100% sure what the Norwegian's casus belli is (I assume you started in 1066 and conquered England in the first war, right?) If it's an invasion, you could simply conquer every top holding in all of England before you make peace, this way all those lands will be yours to distribute once the war is over. No dealing with annoying Anglo-Saxon lords this way.

Is there any way to destroy holdings in one of my own counties? Legally, as in using standard game mechanics. Some twat built four bishoprics before I took the county. I would like to replace them with baronies/cities.

If not, can it be done via console use or save game editing?

Pagan subjugation CB and conquest CB: when does one lose holdings and when only gets vassalized by a new liege?

Subjucation CB subjucates every ruler in the area you took. You only usurp duchy titles of the de jure area of the targeted kingdom if you are same or lower level so duke or count. If you are a king or emperor you vassalise them directly but you will take the targeted kingdom title if the enemy holds it. You don't gain land unless the targeted ruler or some vassal who owns part of the targeted area has titles outside of the de jure area of the targeted kingdom.

Conquest CB you take the targeted county as your own including all baronies that are vassals or owned by the targeted character.

If it works for others it's not a bug, but an installation problem.
Please don't make people post in the bugs report when it could be anything else.

I don't have the DLC, so i don't know if it could be a bug, but i doubt it.

He might have not installed it properly, forgot to check it in the launcher, have not started the game, since it was bought, from inside Steam (necessary to get DLC recognised by the game).
Could be a lot other reasons than a bug.

Should rather go into the tech support subforum.

Hansa republic game. The capital is Lübeck in the Duchy of Holstein.
- If I claim the Duchy of Holstein, I think it will be associated to the Hansa title, and not kept in my family (because the capital is in the de jure duchy). Am I right ?
- However, if I claim the Duchy of Jylland, will it remain in my family ?