• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, so I just fought a long and rather silly war to have my Duke of Flanders become independent from the King of France.

Yet, for some reason, the game still imposes the Crown Law of France on me?

Why?

Did I not just win my INDEPENDENCE???

Okay, so I just fought a long and rather silly war to have my Duke of Flanders become independent from the King of France.

Yet, for some reason, the game still imposes the Crown Law of France on me?

Why?

Did I not just win my INDEPENDENCE???

Crown laws (not Feudal laws) including crown authority and investiture applies to de jure kingdoms, which you can see by pressing a certain button on the right of the mini map in case you have not seen it. Most of Flanders lie in France's de jure kingdom, so France's crown laws will be imposed on you, but you get to choose your own levels of Feudal levies, taxes, etc...

Crown laws (not Feudal laws) including crown authority and investiture applies to de jure kingdoms, which you can see by pressing a certain button on the right of the mini map in case you have not seen it. Most of Flanders lie in France's de jure kingdom, so France's crown laws will be imposed on you, but you get to choose your own levels of Feudal levies, taxes, etc...

Or rather, he'd get to do that anyway, but the King of France can no longer call on his troops, or take taxes from him, and he's free to attack France's vassals even if France's crown authority is at medium or above, etc. On the other hand, no more king-level liege to protect him from and ambitious German dukes or the Emperor. Or England. Or whoever.

Hi All,

I'm loving the game so far, got married, deployed my courtiers around the neighborhood, checked out the neighbors, even put a vassal in charge of ffattening up the swans to make him like me better. But ... I must be doing something very basic wrong ...

I declare war, raise levies, select the armies so the ring circles them, and mark them to move to the enemy territory then un-pause the game . They stand there. Their feet don't move, The enemy moves in, whacks up the smallholding troops piecemeal, and my army will defend when attacked, but won't attack. Any ideas about what am I doing wrong? Everything else seems to be working OK. Maybe I need a patch. Or a sharp stick to get them moving.

Downloaded the game yesterday (3/31/12) via Steam, and running it on Steam. Hope this is not just an April Fools joke.

Anyone have an idea?
Doug

Is your enemy across the water? Your armies will need ships to cross water.

When you assigned the movement orders, did you get the movement arrows and "marching troops" animations? If not, your orders might not have registered.

How exactly did you order the troops to move? Select the unit and then RIGHT-click on the destination?

When you assign council members to research technology, should you place them in the county in which you want the tech level to rise, or in a county with a high tech level in the appropriate area (to help the tech spread to other counties)?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Noob question: I'm Duke of Moray in Scotland. Attacking Buchan, which is one of Duchy of Moray, Earl of Buchan surrendered, then he became my vassal. However, I want to control Buchan directly.

Is there a way to take Earl of Buchan from him? I know that I make him rebolt, then I can revoke title, but is there a different way? If I would not accept his surrender, could I control Buchan directly?

Noob question: I'm Duke of Moray in Scotland. Attacking Buchan, which is one of Duchy of Moray, Earl of Buchan surrendered, then he became my vassal. However, I want to control Buchan directly.

Is there a way to take Earl of Buchan from him? I know that I make him rebolt, then I can revoke title, but is there a different way? If I would not accept his surrender, could I control Buchan directly?

The results of the war depend on which cassus belli you chose when declaring war. If you attacked him with a Ducal claims cassus belli, you can only make him your vassal. You would have needed to attack with a claim on the county (and to have chosen that as your cassus belli) in order to take the county from him.

Naturally, you can just revoke his title if Scotland's crown authority is high enough... but this means taking an Infamy penalty for Tyranny.

The results of the war depend on which cassus belli you chose when declaring war. If you attacked him with a Ducal claims cassus belli, you can only make him your vassal. You would have needed to attack with a claim on the county (and to have chosen that as your cassus belli) in order to take the county from him.

Naturally, you can just revoke his title if Scotland's crown authority is high enough... but this means taking an Infamy penalty for Tyranny.

Thank you for your quick answer :rolleyes:

When you assign council members to research technology, should you place them in the county in which you want the tech level to rise, or in a county with a high tech level in the appropriate area (to help the tech spread to other counties)?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

The province where you want the tech to rise.

Expect spymaster, who should be put somewhere where technology level is higher than in your capital.

Often this is a result of your capital's location or the main duchy you own. Otherwise it may be due to switching to the "stronger" kingdom(ie stronger means more provinces)
Fret not, you can change the primary title just like that in the correspondent owned Kingdom's menu.("Make Primary")
oh realy thats good news, i kinda like to keep the kingdom i started out with in the first place, will have to go look for that menu option. Thanks!

in my current game (now king of ireland) i come across something odd.
I have to many demenses so I started giving them away.
when I check the tool tip it says it will improve my relation by 40 but every time after i gave the county away they have a lower oppinion of me instead of higher, it makes no sense. is this a bug or are ther othere foul forces at play?

Some maluses are only for landed characters. They were probably not landed before you gave away the title?