• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any easy way to get rid of counties you don't really want? I picked up one through inheritance and another in a crusade that I don't want to worry about, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to get rid of such.

If they're de jure part of someone else's territory you can transfer vassalage on the diplomacy screen.

is it possible to have a baron within a vassal county be sworn directly to you the duke, without going through your vassal count of that county?

if so how do you do it? When I give a county to a vassal, all the barons are automatically sworn to that new sheikh vassal.

It is definitely possible. If you start as the de Forez family in Lyon/Forez one of the bishoprics in Lyon is a vassal of the HRE, not you. You get an event to ask for the HRE to transfer the vassal to you. I'm afraid I don't know how to create the situation though. Maybe setting up the barony so someone outside your realm inherits it?

Is there any easy way to get rid of counties you don't really want? I picked up one through inheritance and another in a crusade that I don't want to worry about, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to get rid of such.

You can grant the titles to the Pope.

Edit: or one of the mercenary captains.

is it possible to have a baron within a vassal county be sworn directly to you the duke, without going through your vassal count of that county?

if so how do you do it? When I give a county to a vassal, all the barons are automatically sworn to that new sheikh vassal.

If you create a new holding in some else's county and then grant it to a new vassal, it is directly sworn to you.
The other option would be if you hold all the titles in a county and hand out the count title first. The lesser holdings should still be yours and you can grant them to new vassals (or your direct vassal), so they are directly sworn to you.

Hey, i note that the chancellor have a limited chance to "produce" a claim on a province, wether his skill is 15 or 25. its always limited to 10,68% afaik. Is that normal or a bug? or is it only shown as 10,xx % but actually more?

If you create a new holding in some else's county and then grant it to a new vassal, it is directly sworn to you.
The other option would be if you hold all the titles in a county and hand out the count title first. The lesser holdings should still be yours and you can grant them to new vassals (or your direct vassal), so they are directly sworn to you.
To be able to keep all subholdings as direct vassals to me, wouldn't I get way more cash and levy? If so, I have been handing out holy war titles backwards then!

Is there a way to tell when you press a ducal claim whether your duke is going to get all the territories to join you (like what happens in ireland) or just some of them (like i pressed one in sweden and got 1 but the other 3 stayed swedish?)

Also is there any way to get a king to vassalize to you (as a king?) i.e. I have several people with claims on norway/sweden as denmark but i don't see the point in pressing the claim if they leave my employ.

TabulaRasa:

OR = {} means that any of inside being true is enough.

So in this case character either doesn't have loan_refused flag or has had it for 365 days.

When is_triggered_only (launched from on_actions) has MTTH modifiers, multiplier actually increase change of event happening.

On the other hand, when is_triggered_only = no (happens by itself) has MTTH, this means average time it takes to fire for everybody that satisfies the trigger. Here lower MTTH means faster.

Event can have any ID you want (just make sure that there is no other event with same ID).

is_triggered_only = yes should be used when a. event is launched by other event. b. is launched by on_action list. (Check on_action.txt in common folder).

Pictures are in gfx/event pictures folder.

Descriptions are stored in localization files.

Thank you Baneslave for answering my questions! So when an event falls under is_triggered_only = yes , it comes with a static chance of happening based on either "puleses" or other events having occurred (something I found in the on-actions text), and a higher number here would be multiplied to that chance (so if it was 1% before, and having the trait brave adds a modifier factor of 1.5, then the chance is 1.5% or 2.5% - added?) So wouldn't this mean that there is no "mean time to happen", since it would just happen instantaneously on the chance that this event was rolled when the action is performed - what would the mean_time_to_happen = {days = 1} section do here for the event that's triggered only?

So this kind of brings up another question that formed as I looked at the on_actions text, where it might have something like this

on_combat_pulse = {
random_events = {
3000 = 0
10 = 242 # Killed
20 = 243 # Wounded
10 = 244 # Maimed
}
}

and as I understand it the number to the right side of the equal sign (242, 243, and 244) correspond to the events id, but what is that number to the left of the equal sign? Is it the base percent chance of this event occurring on every "combat pulse" (every time combat numbers change?)

So this kind of brings up another question that formed as I looked at the on_actions text, where it might have something like this

on_combat_pulse = {
random_events = {
3000 = 0
10 = 242 # Killed
20 = 243 # Wounded
10 = 244 # Maimed
}
}

and as I understand it the number to the right side of the equal sign (242, 243, and 244) correspond to the events id, but what is that number to the left of the equal sign? Is it the base percent chance of this event occurring on every "combat pulse" (every time combat numbers change?)

They are weights that determine how likely that event is chosen. It is like lottery where nothing happening has 3000 changes to happen (not happen...?), getting killed 10 changes, getting wounded 10 and getting maimed 10.

So getting killed would be 1 per 303 occurrence per combat pulse.

My de Lusignan prince, or rather, the prince after the prince, seems to have become arabian in complexion. It's not a big problem, but I would like him to keep the bleachy white skin of the franks. Is there a simple or only mildly complex way to change that? Or would that take serious modding?

It should be in the save, under his character id; change "graphical culture" from Levantine or whatever it is to Frankish.

Can you force yourself to not have kids or any way to prevent having them i keep getting more than i want.

A duke who owns just 1 county in a 2-county duchy rebels. His de jure vassal is independent of him even before his rebellion. When I as King win the battle of his rebellion and imprison the duke, should I strip him of his duke title or his county title?

A duke who owns just 1 county in a 2-county duchy rebels. His de jure vassal is independent of him even before his rebellion. When I as King win the battle of his rebellion and imprison the duke, should I strip him of his duke title or his county title?
You cannot revoke the last county from a duke without revoking the duchy first.

Quick question: Since I got my favorit bishop as pope, the vatican state came in my realm (not rome anymore). So what happens if I go in war with the pope and get back my bishopric? Will he be a landless pope then and what are the consequences for me (except the negativ opinion)?