• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ok. has the intrigue-skill of my target influence on the chance? Im just worried about the system, beacause i still dont understand the differences between chances of killing people. e. g. if i wanna kill my son i get 22% chance to kill him in my game actually, and if i try to kill my wife i get something around 60%. but my state intrigue is the same, so there must be some other factors who has influence on the chance or not?

ok. has the intrigue-skill of my target influence on the chance? Im just worried about the system, beacause i still dont understand the differences between chances of killing people. e. g. if i wanna kill my son i get 22% chance to kill him in my game actually, and if i try to kill my wife i get something around 60%. but my state intrigue is the same, so there must be some other factors who has influence on the chance or not?

Yes their (state) intrigue matters as well.

Okay I need help:

Started playing as Earl Eadulf of Teviotdale in 1066. Now, 30 years later, I have usurped the majority of the counties in my former lieges de jure duchy. I broke free from the duke of Lothain with a succesful war of independence. BUT NOW I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO BECOME DUKE?

Okay I need help:

Started playing as Earl Eadulf of Teviotdale in 1066. Now, 30 years later, I have usurped the majority of the counties in my former lieges de jure duchy. I broke free from the duke of Lothain with a succesful war of independence. BUT NOW I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO BECOME DUKE?

If you control at least half of the de iure counties of the duchy you can:
a) create the duchy, if it doesn't exist yet.
b) usurp the duchy from the current duke, if he is not at war.

To do click the ducal badge and select create or usurp in the interface.

is it possible to have a baron within a vassal county be sworn directly to you the duke, without going through your vassal count of that county?

if so how do you do it? When I give a county to a vassal, all the barons are automatically sworn to that new sheikh vassal.

Last edited:
/my documents/paradox interactive/crusader kings ii

If you control at least half of the de iure counties of the duchy you can:
a) create the duchy, if it doesn't exist yet.
b) usurp the duchy from the current duke, if he is not at war.

To do click the ducal badge and select create or usurp in the interface.

Okay, so I don´t need any permission ore something from the king of Scotland, my new liege?
Also note that my former liege, the duke of Lothain, still have one county left, but his de jure duchy only consists of three duchies, and I own both of them.
Will the create and usurp buttons only be visible when the conditions needed is fullfilled?

Thanks for answers.

Okay, so I don´t need any permission ore something from the king of Scotland, my new liege?
Also note that my former liege, the duke of Lothain, still have one county left, but his de jure duchy only consists of three duchies, and I own both of them.
Will the create and usurp buttons only be visible when the conditions needed is fullfilled?

Thanks for answers.
If the duchy exists, usurp will be visible. If the duchy does not exist, create will be visible. Blue or grey whether the conditions you need to take the title are met or not. edit - I think.

Hi, so I'm playing my game and I have an old old king (like 73) an he's got a son and a grandson. The problem I have it that the Son and the Grandson switch places from time to time as heir so I'm a bit confused about successions law especially since it's supposed to be rock-solid unless someone dies (Agnatic-cognatic Primogeniture).

Also since my son is old (42) I though about skipping him over either by understanding the rules better or by offing him...

Finally I played a bit further and got my son as King but the heir is a girl (not 16) rather than my son.... I'm all confused especially since my son has some... undesirable traits....

So I have a question about triggers and mean time to happen mechanisms. I want to mess around and mod the game a little myself to give it more of a flavour, but I'm not entirely confident on my understanding of these concepts. So for example, if I have a code such as
trigger = {
NOT = { wealth = -50 }
NOT = { has_character_flag = loan_taken }
OR = {
NOT = { has_character_flag = loan_refused }
had_character_flag = { flag = loan_refused days = 365 }
}
}

I'm confused as to what the actual triggers for this event are. For "NOT = { wealth = -50 }", is it saying that the character has less than -50 gold in his coffers? For "NOT = { has_character_flag = loan_taken }" I understand it to mean that the person doesn't have the flag (I think flags act as status elements) of having taken a loan out already. I'm really confused about why there is a "OR = {}" clause in there at all and what this clause actually does (generally and in this specific case). Can someone please explain that to me please :)?

There's also the question regarding the mean time to happen mechanism. I know that this value by itself is the average time that this event will occur given that the triggers are in place, but I am not sure about the modifier values. For example,
mean_time_to_happen = {
days = 1

modifier = {
factor = 5
has_character_modifier = proving_bravery
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.5
trait = brave
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.5

trait = craven
}
modifier = {
trait = clubfooted
factor = 1.25
}

The mean time to happen without any modifiers is 1day, so I'm thinking that on average this event fires everyday to someone without any modifiers. However, the value of the modifier factors confuses me... Can someone explain to me what the factor actually does to the mean time to happen? Is is that the factor is a multiplier to the mean time to happen (ie. higher valued factors increase the mean time to happen)?

Also, can someone give me some general hints about messing with events :D? As I understand it, each event has an id (not sure how to create new ones or what it does), an is_triggered_only value as yes or no (not really sure what this does either...), a picture (can someone point to where these are located and what they correspond to lol), a desc (description; presumably the text that you see, can someone tell me where a file containing all the descriptions are as well xD), a trigger section, a mean_time_to_happen section, and an option section (can be more than one, not sure about the limits thing). Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read this long blurb, and any help will be appreciated!

I invaded the HRE and won. I got a bunch on land but ran out of steam before i could get all of Italy (my goal). I dont feel like being the emperor right now so im wondering if i can safely let the title pass onto someone else and go my own thing creating a Mediterranean empire?

I invaded the HRE and won. I got a bunch on land but ran out of steam before i could get all of Italy (my goal). I dont feel like being the emperor right now so im wondering if i can safely let the title pass onto someone else and go my own thing creating a Mediterranean empire?

Once you got the top level title (Kaiser/Basileus) you are stuck with it until you die. Once you die, it all depends on the different succession laws in your different empires/kindoms.

TabulaRasa:

OR = {} means that any of inside being true is enough.

So in this case character either doesn't have loan_refused flag or has had it for 365 days.

When is_triggered_only (launched from on_actions) has MTTH modifiers, multiplier actually increase change of event happening.

On the other hand, when is_triggered_only = no (happens by itself) has MTTH, this means average time it takes to fire for everybody that satisfies the trigger. Here lower MTTH means faster.

Event can have any ID you want (just make sure that there is no other event with same ID).

is_triggered_only = yes should be used when a. event is launched by other event. b. is launched by on_action list. (Check on_action.txt in common folder).

Pictures are in gfx/event pictures folder.

Descriptions are stored in localization files.

Is there any easy way to get rid of counties you don't really want? I picked up one through inheritance and another in a crusade that I don't want to worry about, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to get rid of such.

You can give them away as Land titles to your courtiers or dynasty members. Go into diplomacy and press (Grant Land Title). I hope that was the answer you searched for.