• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well... er... no.

You could use them to improve someone's opinion of you, but I don't think they will gain you any claims.

In fact, their children (not of your dynasty mind you) will likely make trouble for your heir, as she inherited the claims of your parents and will pass them on to one more generation (unless pressed in a war). You get an alliance as long as they and their husbands both live, but after that you have spread claimants to your throne around Europe.

How to reduce the RR% from distance? Should I change my capital? Where? My country spans from Portugal to Baghdad and I have difficulties at holding it all together without my vassals, even at 100 relations from revolting based on that silly notion of "too far".
Tips?

How to reduce the RR% from distance? Should I change my capital? Where? My country spans from Portugal to Baghdad and I have difficulties at holding it all together without my vassals, even at 100 relations from revolting based on that silly notion of "too far".
Tips?

Looks like you created a ridiculously huge empire. Do you have an imperial title or not? If you do, have you made some of your kinsmen kings under you? If you don't, it might be time to pull a Treaty of Verdun and carve up that behemoth. Better to have kingdoms in the hands of your own dynasty than have some major revolts leading to the same thing in the hands of upstarts. Just some general advice. Good luck.

Tips?

In what sense is it a silly notion? How many 11th-century feudal kingdoms spanned thousands of kilometers? Even the Roman Empire (which was distinctly non-feudal) had large-scale revolts in pretty well every Emperor's reign.

My Granddaughter (married to my son, to keep the lands in my family.) who owns half of wales and Normandy in complete who is a vassal to my collection of kingdoms. The queen of France got her excommunicated, and apparently, I can arrest and behead her without problem (and since she has no kids, I inherit) but I was wondering if I will get the kinslayer trait if I do so. (Might be worth it anyways, all of Normandy and the king who takes the kingslayer trait is 76 years old, though I thought he was going to die for the last 16 years...)

Gonna sleep on it if I am going to do the evil deed, but I was still wondering if I will get Kinslayer.

Tips?
Move your capital to Sicily. My Norman kingdom ranging from the the Canaries to (almost) Baghdad is very stable. (Granded, allmost all nobels are good norman Catholics, so the cultural homogeneity may help.)

How do I make claims on counties because I'm confused?

I watched a tutorial video on the subject on You Tube and invited an Irish noble to my court, as was the course of action in the video. I went to declare war gaianst the Duchy of Meath, of which Dublin is a county, and it says I need a valid cassus belli. I have checked the Irish noble and he clearly has a claim, as well as a claim on the county of Leinster.

I thought it might because Dublin is not an independent county so I saved my game and attempted to put in a claim on the Isle of Man. I invited a noble over to my court and attempted to declare war on the Kingdom of the Isles. I was able to press the claim.

So why can't I press a claim for Dublin?

Do you have any control over the succession laws of your vassals?

I find elective law most effective for your main character but the problem with this for vassals is that when you appoint a relative as a count or a duke. they never bother to elect their own children as successors (i.e. the count / dukedom falls outside the family).

Any thoughts?

I want to get rid of elective in duchy of Flanders, but crown authority should be medium to high. Do I need to ask the king of France to change it, or can I change my own authority laws? How to get rid of gavelkind or elective in short words.

I want to get rid of elective in duchy of Flanders, but crown authority should be medium to high. Do I need to ask the king of France to change it, or can I change my own authority laws? How to get rid of gavelkind or elective in short words.

You can change your succesion and tax/leevy laws but only the king can change the crown laws. So in this case all you can do is wait and vote yes when your king tries to up crown authority.

I've been searching for the answer to this for a while.. it might be in this thread but I couldnt find it.

If you 'occupy' all cities in a region, how do you keep that region when you make peace?
All of my occupied holdings go back to the origional kingdom I was conquering, do I really need to conquer the entire kingdom with every war? Can I not just conquer a duchy from them and then stop?

I've been searching for the answer to this for a while.. it might be in this thread but I couldnt find it.

If you 'occupy' all cities in a region, how do you keep that region when you make peace?
All of my occupied holdings go back to the origional kingdom I was conquering, do I really need to conquer the entire kingdom with every war? Can I not just conquer a duchy from them and then stop?

It depends entirely on the casus belli that you used to start the war. Many of them don't allow you to take any land at all. Others might allow you to take one County title, or one Duchy title. Only a few allow you to keep all of your conquests.

Does your relationship with your wife affect fertility? Ive been giving them gifts in hopes of getting more kids and im wondering if im just wasting money.

Also what happens if I assassinate someone that's in the middle of a civil war? The HRE is currently in the middle of one and i want to help it along. The war not the emperor.

Is there anyway to make it so that when your liege raises your levies, your ruler isn't the one leading them. Ive had so many rulers killed like this

You have the option to click on your army and then click on the commanders of each line (left, central, right) in the left menu that appears for your army, so there you can select another person to lead that line. But I don't know if the game lets you do that also when it is your liege who raises the levies, sorry :blush: