• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why are you sometimes unable to raise vassals' levies? I'm not talking about low numbers being available due to opinion. The tooltip shows how many you can raise based on current opinion, etc., but for some reason the button to raise them is not active.

Maybe they are depleted? Check in the military tab.

Indian Subjugation only works for and on the indo-aryan culture groups, not for the tamil, telegu and that other odd one...is this WAD?

Checking the code its probably right...but its super annoying since rajpustan just got invaded by a dravidian host...

Super lame...

Indian Subjugation only works for and on the indo-aryan culture groups, not for the tamil, telegu and that other odd one...is this WAD?

Checking the code its probably right...but its super annoying since rajpustan just got invaded by a dravidian host...

Super lame...

They work within the same group, so the Indo-Aryans can subdue Indo-Aryans and the Dravidnians can subdue Dravidnians.

Is there a mapmode that will give you the supply limit on a tooltip over the province, and if not, can we make one? Starting in TOG start and playing into the 1100's and everyones got 30k+ stacks in each great war/crusade. So frustrating to have to micromanage the supply limits with my doomstacks.

No, it's showing them as full.

No idea then, check if they are under siege or occupied.

Question: Is it possible to marry a son/daughter who is landed to somebody outside your court? The only options I am getting are only courtiers.

Question: Is it possible to marry a son/daughter who is landed to somebody outside your court? The only options I am getting are only courtiers.

I think once your son/daughter is landed, they can no longer be "married off" like before, but they have to agree to a marriage and they can only be married to somebody at your court similar to other rulers.

I wanna start a save with the Magyars and convert to Judaism. How it is the best to do so? If I marry a Jewish woman do I get a decision to convert? The reason I ask is because there's only one Jewish woman who's willing to marry and she has mediocre stats so I want to marry her ->convert -> divorce immediately after.

I wanna start a save with the Magyars and convert to Judaism. How it is the best to do so? If I marry a Jewish woman do I get a decision to convert? The reason I ask is because there's only one Jewish woman who's willing to marry and she has mediocre stats so I want to marry her ->convert -> divorce immediately after.

You can convert by concubine if you're an unreformed pagan. So the simplest way is to just take her as one and flip.

Why are you sometimes unable to raise vassals' levies? I'm not talking about low numbers being available due to opinion. The tooltip shows how many you can raise based on current opinion, etc., but for some reason the button to raise them is not active.
Check if you have the levy army raised already... A province will reinforce while you are using that province army, but you can't access the reinforcements until you disband and re-raise that army unit (with the reinforcements added).

Can I somehow see which provinces will stay mine in gavelkind succession? I am playing pagan Rus and I am too slow in acquiring needed holy sites, so I am still unreformed. What buggers me is sometimes I hold 5 provinces, sometimes 2 - it seems quite random to me. Thx for answer. :)

Can I somehow see which provinces will stay mine in gavelkind succession? I am playing pagan Rus and I am too slow in acquiring needed holy sites, so I am still unreformed. What buggers me is sometimes I hold 5 provinces, sometimes 2 - it seems quite random to me. Thx for answer. :)

It gets confusing when the second and third in line are the children of the primary heir but the popup icons tooltip should explain what you need to do to avoid lost titles. Basically feed your sons that show up in the lost titles warning on succession. I revoke one title a year from a non family member or a family member whose not in the succession line like an uncle or cousin and hand it to the sons(have no marshal or a really crappy one and the vassal will revolt giving you a chance to revoke 2). Eventually the warning goes away once the non heir sons have gotten enough land as you. Your heir will get all your land, and then his sons will have the same issue, thats when you either expand for them or revoke again the cousins and uncles.

Scenario: Unhanded male of x kingdom marries a duchess of y kingdom. Has a son, both die. I suppose the heir remains a vassal of y kingdom because his father was unlanded prior.

What happens though if his father was a duke of the x kingdom and inherits the duchy of y kingdom? Whose vassal he will be?

Scenario: Unhanded male of x kingdom marries a duchess of y kingdom. Has a son, both die. I suppose the heir remains a vassal of y kingdom because his father was unlanded prior.

What happens though if his father was a duke of the x kingdom and inherits the duchy of y kingdom? Whose vassal he will be?

Short answer:
He'll be a vassal of whoever his primary title is, at time of inheritance. Since with same-level titles the primary title is simply the first one acquired, he continues a vassal of whoever he already was (including the possibility of "no-one's").

Can be further complicated by crown authority laws, however, which might preclude him from inheriting at all.

If I take 2 counties in the Baghdad duchy, but not Baghdad itself, will that prevent Sunnis from being able to declare a Jihad? They can only activate Jihads if their sacred land is taken, right?

do adventurers always spawn 30k, or does it increase throughout the centuries, and if yes, to how much?

Quite stupid that some punjab character wants to claim my spanish realm, couldnt be more further apart.....

If I take 2 counties in the Baghdad duchy, but not Baghdad itself, will that prevent Sunnis from being able to declare a Jihad? They can only activate Jihads if their sacred land is taken, right?

No. They only need the target to have 6 counties in the target kingdom (eg. Mesopotamia). They also need jihads to be enabled. If they haven't been enabled yet, they will be when the county of Baghdad falls.

do adventurers always spawn 30k, or does it increase throughout the centuries, and if yes, to how much?

Quite stupid that some punjab character wants to claim my spanish realm, couldnt be more further apart.....

No, it depends on the levies of the target, with a random factor involved.

No. They only need the target to have 6 counties in the target kingdom (eg. Mesopotamia). They also need jihads to be enabled. If they haven't been enabled yet, they will be when the county of Baghdad falls.

Perfect. So if Jihads have not been activated, taking those counties won't activate it unless I take Baghdad itself (or one of the other holy sites). Thank you.