• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How creating holy orders works?

Are you talking about modding Holy Orders into the game, or enabling those ones that are already in-game so that you can use them?

I have one of my vassals childs being raised by me. How can I get the child to change to my culture?

Wait for an event to pop up. It's more likely to happen if you're Diligent and Gregarious and less likely to happen if you're Slothful or Shy.

I'm the Duke of Swabia. After claiming the county of Würzberg (in the duchy of Franconia) as my own, it's started glowing orange, and the other counties of Franconia are glowing red. I assume this is because I've 'split up' a duchy which doesn't belong to me, but can someone please confirm that? Also, will those counties keep glowing orange/red as long as I control one without being the Duke of Franconia? What if I claimed Bamberg; would the counties stop glowing because the duchy of Franconia would no longer be split up in two?

xA0BSgm.png

iaDYEkl.png

Hi. I have this message that I can't usurp title from someone of a different religion if he still has land within that region. A screenshot shows a message I get as well as the borders within which I have 100% of titles: http://imgur.com/wTUTOxl He doesn't have any titles on a sub-county level either. Why can't I usurp the title?

I have two sons, and live under the gavelkind law. Three of my counties will go to one son, and three to another. Is there a way for me to change which county goes to which son? They'd still get three each, but I want to adjust which ones.

I'm the Duke of Swabia. After claiming the county of Würzberg (in the duchy of Franconia) as my own, it's started glowing orange, and the other counties of Franconia are glowing red. I assume this is because I've 'split up' a duchy which doesn't belong to me, but can someone please confirm that? Also, will those counties keep glowing orange/red as long as I control one without being the Duke of Franconia? What if I claimed Bamberg; would the counties stop glowing because the duchy of Franconia would no longer be split up in two?

The counties glow red because you're at war with that guy. The orange county is the county(counties) demarcates the territory that the war is over (the war goal). The red counties indicate all counties involved in the war. When you claim land, you don't just get it, what you're saying is "that land really is mine, lets fight for it". Then you fight a war for it and if you win, you get the territory.

I have two sons, and live under the gavelkind law. Three of my counties will go to one son, and three to another. Is there a way for me to change which county goes to which son? They'd still get three each, but I want to adjust which ones.

The only thing you can change is your primary title, as your primary title always goes to your first son. Otherwise, there is no way to change who gets what (unless you murder one of your sons).

so this is going to be a dumb and simple qustion but how do you get those maps of your empire i keep seeing in the post your empire thread?

F10

My position on the King's Council prevents me from assigning myself as my childrens' tutor. So, each time one of my children hits adolescence, I resign from the Council, appoint myself as his/her tutor, then make it an ambition to be reassigned to the Council (which typically has taken a couple of months at most). This process seems a bit weird to me... I mean, either I should be able to assign myself as tutor while being on the Council (to 'send for my child'), or I shouldn't be able to return to a Council position while educating my child at all. Am I missing something?

"Sorry my liege, I must quit the Council to go pick up my son! You'll receive a new application from me tomorrow."

It's a well known bug.

Could someone please explain to me why the Event Spawn Troops 'completely' ignore the attrition/province supply limits?

I know they're supposed to usually be more of a fervour-type of troops, living off the holy spirit and/or rage/lust/wealth and as so I could see them being very resistant to the effects of attrition but when I see 80k(+ ~15k in surrounding provinces) Sunni Bedouins camping in a province that can support just over 10k troops.. Yeah.

I used to be that guy who was cynical about the OP:ness of the Hordes etc. but this has truly opened my eyes. This is pretty.. bad. Just.. bad.

Probably a decadence invasion. They are supposed to be destructive, that's why.

Enabling those in-game. I know that SoA gives you opportunity to create one but i cant figure how to do it yet.

The first crusade needs to be called, they then are created by event. You can't yourself, as far as i know, though i don't have SoA.

Hi. I have this message that I can't usurp title from someone of a different religion if he still has land within that region. A screenshot shows a message I get as well as the borders within which I have 100% of titles: http://imgur.com/wTUTOxl He doesn't have any titles on a sub-county level either. Why can't I usurp the title?

He might still have a title himself or vassal in Znormo or whatever it's called. It's between Passau and Österreich. In your game the duchy capital of Bavaria.

Enabling those in-game. I know that SoA gives you opportunity to create one but i cant figure how to do it yet.

The first crusade needs to be called, they then are created by event. You can't yourself, as far as i know, though i don't have SoA.

For pagans, you need to reform the faith which will unlock a holy order for you. The reformation requirements can be found on the religious tab with the button reform.

F10

It's a well known bug.

Probably a decadence invasion. They are supposed to be destructive, that's why.

He might still have a title himself or vassal in Znormo or whatever it's called. It's between Passau and Österreich. In your game the duchy capital of Bavaria.
I had message telling me that knight hospitaller order has been created with my vassal face next to it, but i thought its weird because i play as Wendish empire and grandmaster turns to be pole, is this normal?

For pagans, you need to reform the faith which will unlock a holy order for you. The reformation requirements can be found on the religious tab with the button reform.

Oh right, reforming the faith for pagans. Forgot that.

I had message telling me that knight hospitaller order has been created with my vassal face next to it, but i thought its weird because i play as Wendish empire and grandmaster turns to be pole, is this normal?

No idea, sorry.

One of my bishops has been imprisoned by the pagan King Bagsecq of Jylland, and I need him back running the bishopric of Heilbronn. Is there a diplomatic or scheming way for me to free him? The diplomacy screen doesn't offer any option for paying ransom.

One of my bishops has been imprisoned by the pagan King Bagsecq of Jylland, and I need him back running the bishopric of Heilbronn. Is there a diplomatic or scheming way for me to free him? The diplomacy screen doesn't offer any option for paying ransom.

Unfortunately you have to wait for the AI to ransom him to you, you cannot ask for him back. There are some events which might randomly pop up to help you but there is no action you can take to get him back.

(I have a feeling this is not the right place for this)I think there was a mod for more siege events, but I can't find it anywhere -.- Can someone help me?
If a country declares a holy war for one of my duchies, would assassinating their king end the war? Or will his infant son just keep fighting the war?
His son would continue the war.

I forget, when you use the Subjugation CB (Indian religions specifically) do you nab the Kingdom tier title?

If you subjugate the current king then yes, you get the kingdom title and they will drop down to a duchy level title (assuming they have one) but keep the vassals associated with their remaining title(s). Note that doesn't mean de jure but is instead de facto so regions acquired as grand prince of Novgorod will stay with him if you take his King of Rus title even if they are de jure Vladimir, Moscow, etc.. It can result in the target losing as few as 0 actual vassals.

My third son Earl Bran of Gwent is an Earl in my kingdom and I married him to the Duchess of Mercia in England. They had a son who is an Ua Briain like myself. However, the message popped up that when Prince Bran dies. Gwent will pass from my kingdom. How does this work? Can I prevent it by making my son a Duke as well?