• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well that's just fantastic. So is there a quick fix/workaround or do I have to wait for a patch?

You could try this

1. Save the game
2. Load up the game as the emperor of the HRE
3. Give your son a landed-title
4. Save the game again
4. Continue as your character

Any tips to getting elected Emperor of the HRE?

I'm pretty powerful, but I haven't gotten close to being elected. Is it because my dynasty is Italian and most voters are German?

Hello
I have just started playing Crusader Kings 2, I love the game!

Is there a place where the basics of the game is explained. I have a hard time figuring out the relationships between the diferent roles and titles. also the importanse of provinses and holdings, and where levies and taxes come from. Know this is al lot to explain, but the manual is not very good in these topics.

I just started game picked desmond 1 county with 3 holdings.
3 things I realised
1) so I cannot appoint a mayor as court chaplain? is this true
2) when I appoint one of my holding administrator(I mean mayor,bishop) to my council they start to stay in my castle so they became abroad, and they are removed from my characters list and I dont see them in Search Realm section or vassals, onl in Search All, but since all holdings are in same county why he is not shown in realms, is this bug or can you explain this to me?
3) I figured out in my way how stewardship % bonus calculated, steawardship number * 4 - 20 or 10, but in some places it drops 20 in some it drops 10 do you know why it varies

thx

How can I appoint new members to the Council? When I click on Designate, there is no result, but if I search characters of my kingdom, there are some interesting choices... Is it by any mean inviting them to the court? And, in that case, how can I do it? Because I always get a "No" because there is no reason to invite them...

1) I'd like to know what matters for choosing your mayors abnd bishops. Clearly their relationahip with you(and pope for the bishops) affect taxes, but what other stats matter? Say if their stewardship stat matters or not?

2) Also I don't understand about castle opinion/town opinion and its effects. I got the event to choose between castle/town opinion boost and... it felt like it didn't change anything as relationships were already good..

3) And what do mayors do exactly? I think they are spending money upgrading the city. Same for bishops?

1) I'd like to know what matters for choosing your mayors abnd bishops. Clearly their relationahip with you(and pope for the bishops) affect taxes, but what other stats matter? Say if their stewardship stat matters or not?

2) Also I don't understand about castle opinion/town opinion and its effects. I got the event to choose between castle/town opinion boost and... it felt like it didn't change anything as relationships were already good..

3) And what do mayors do exactly? I think they are spending money upgrading the city. Same for bishops?
1) Stewardship has an effect on how much tax they get, so indirectly on how much tax you get. Other stats can be important if you're "grooming" characters for your council. Also, fellow dynasty members' titles add to your dynasty's prestige, so sometimes it's a good idea to give them cities and bishoprics.

2) It raises and lowers their opinion--generally not enough to matter, but it sometimes is enough to push a bishop into paying his tax to you.

3) Yes and yes. They do pretty much everything the same as barons--plot, lead armies, serve on councils, educate children, etc.

You could try this

1. Save the game
2. Load up the game as the emperor of the HRE
3. Give your son a landed-title
4. Save the game again
4. Continue as your character

And to prevent the problem just marry your sons with landed women trough bethodal when they are -16. Before the 16th birthday give him some land as baron or count (never as mayor or bishop). If your son is a baron the wife cpould not make him a bishop (and the AI does this all time, wich is reasonable since prevent her lands change to your dinasty).

How do I open up the console to do the cheats? I've tried the alt 2, 1 thing and it has not worked.

And before you go say something like "try really playing the game" I just want to change the culture of a character. I think it ridiculous that the son of a saxon and a saxon, growing up in a saxon court, might become Polish just because his tutor (who also lived in court) was a polish lady. And that his heir is polish too...ridiculous, and dangerous, what with the -20 penalty.

Let's say I'm the king of Aragón and I marry my sister to the king of Navarra, that only has a bastard son. Is there any possibility that I could get a claim over the kingdom of Navarra in some way despite not being a matrilineal marriage, obviously?

Let's say I'm the king of Aragón and I marry my sister to the king of Navarra, that only has a bastard son. Is there any possibility that I could get a claim over the kingdom of Navarra in some way despite not being a matrilineal marriage, obviously?

No, I think it is only the king's children (who get inheritable claims.). One is unlikely to pass to his wife, let alone his wife's brother.

No, I think it is only the king's children (who get inheritable claims.). One is unlikely to pass to his wife, let alone his wife's brother.

So, is it worth anything at all to marry my sisters (NOT matrilineally), apart from receiving a 30+ prestige and an alliance? I would like to use them to get some more profit, like getting lands or claims at least :D

So, is it worth anything at all to marry my sisters (NOT matrilineally), apart from receiving a 30+ prestige and an alliance? I would like to use them to get some more profit, like getting lands or claims at least :D

Well... er... no.

You could use them to improve someone's opinion of you, but I don't think they will gain you any claims.

Ok, thanks. So, it seems it would be better to keep them under my rule and maybe wait for a husband that could marry matrilineally so I can bring that man to my court, huh?