• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You declare war on his liege in Russia, capture the province and you will win after a relatively short while because you have the wargoal. If you know that his liege is very strong compared to you, wait untill he is in another war before you declare this war.

Oh... I do not know capturing the war goal will improve the warscore quickly... I thought I need to move my army (in Spain) all the way to Russia in order to win the war. (The holder is a vassal of Kiev.)

Oh... I do not know capturing the war goal will improve the warscore quickly... I thought I need to move my army (in Spain) all the way to Russia in order to win the war. (The holder is a vassal of Kiev.)

If you occupy the demesne wich is the wargoal you will get bonus warscore points ticking in every so often untill you reach 100%. You also get a "high" warscore just by holding the wargoal. Even more so if it's just 1 demesne. i would assume something like 50-60 warscore or so by just holding all holdings in it. Then you can even just put your own army away and wait for it to get to 100% while not having to spend upkeep on your army :)

I finanly had my chancelor fabricate a claim on a count in Germany, but I'm a duke in France - it seems I can only go to war if that count is independent? Is there a way to declare war if you have a claim?

You have to declare war to his liege, ie HRE.

thanks, found that out - IIRC in CK1 you could attack the lower tier title and then the liege in most cases came into the war, but then you had already grabbed the prize and could fight an attritional war to get to white peace.

Now in CK2 it seems that my liege isn't standing by my side ... even with a de jure casus belli. Am I missing something? By the way, my daughter, duchess of Anjou refused to help me ... :wub:

I haven't tried it but is seems you could let the HRE disintegrate by letting all realms that want to be independent win somehow.

You cannot refuse the title. If you already are emperor, you have to ride it out, and nominate someone other than your dynastic heir for the throne. (That should allow you to keep your demesne.)

As for another question: is there any possibility to lose "gluttonous"? (E.g. through some event choices connected to summer fair, great hunt or great feast?)

Vassal loves me yet still feels like revolting

I have had several cases were my counts have 100 opinion of me but I still get a notification telling me there is a certain chance for them to revolt. The percent has gone up to 35% more or less even though they're opinion is maxed out, although that time the count was ambitious so I could understand that one.

But I've had several cases where they aren't ambitious and still feel like rebelling, and most of these cases have been south of Iberia, in Mauretania which I righteously claimed from those dirty savages ;). I'm playing as Denmark, is there some penalty for distance? Although I also have Alexandria and Tripolis and I don't recall having these cases there.

I have had several cases were my counts have 100 opinion of me but I still get a notification telling me there is a certain chance for them to revolt. The percent has gone up to 35% more or less even though they're opinion is maxed out, although that time the count was ambitious so I could understand that one.

But I've had several cases where they aren't ambitious and still feel like rebelling, and most of these cases have been south of Iberia, in Mauretania which I righteously claimed from those dirty savages ;). I'm playing as Denmark, is there some penalty for distance? Although I also have Alexandria and Tripolis and I don't recall having these cases there.
There is a penalty for distance. If you hover your cursor over the revolt risk (under the threats tab in the intrigue screen), it should give you a breakdown of why they want to revolt.

OK, I'm duke of Flanders and my daughter is duke of Anjou (lucky for me she's also the heir to my ducal title of Flanders) - she's still a child and not married out yet. I try to arrange a matremonial marriage to keep my dynasty line good, but nothing would succeed. She then grows up and marries a bonehead courtier and my grandchild is of another dynasty ! Why doesn't she arrange a matremonial marriage if she doesn't marries an heir to a very important house or title? Is this wad?

Okay so this is the situation. I'm the Duke of Upper Lorraine and I have married my first son (who is also heir to the Duchy of Luxemburg ruled by his mother) to the reigning Duchess of Lower Lorraine. The marriage was as far as I can humanly tell, not matrilinear. Before I married him off, he was first in line to inherit both his father and mother's titles, but now that he is married he has suddenly and inexplicably been totally disinherited. He is no longer heir to either Luxemburg nor Upper Lorraine. Strangely enough though, he is now labelled as heir to all the prince-bishoprics in Lower Lorraine.

Can someone shed some light on why this might have happened? I can't think of any reason. Immediately after the wedding he was still shown as heir but at some point in the next month or so my second son became the new heir to Luxemburg and Upper Lorraine. By the way, I'm playing CK Plus.

This is sort of a pain in the ass because this was a great dynastic union which would have netted me a huge territorial gain and possibly a new kingdom title.

OK, I'm duke of Flanders and my daughter is duke of Anjou (lucky for me she's also the heir to my ducal title of Flanders) - she's still a child and not married out yet. I try to arrange a matremonial marriage to keep my dynasty line good, but nothing would succeed. She then grows up and marries a bonehead courtier and my grandchild is of another dynasty ! Why doesn't she arrange a matremonial marriage if she doesn't marries an heir to a very important house or title? Is this wad?

Hard to tell if it is WAD or not, I would suggest to report it as a bug anyway.

Okay so this is the situation. I'm the Duke of Upper Lorraine and I have married my first son (who is also heir to the Duchy of Luxemburg ruled by his mother) to the reigning Duchess of Lower Lorraine. The marriage was as far as I can humanly tell, not matrilinear. Before I married him off, he was first in line to inherit both his father and mother's titles, but now that he is married he has suddenly and inexplicably been totally disinherited. He is no longer heir to either Luxemburg nor Upper Lorraine. Strangely enough though, he is now labelled as heir to all the prince-bishoprics in Lower Lorraine.

Can someone shed some light on why this might have happened? I can't think of any reason. Immediately after the wedding he was still shown as heir but at some point in the next month or so my second son became the new heir to Luxemburg and Upper Lorraine. By the way, I'm playing CK Plus.

This is sort of a pain in the ass because this was a great dynastic union which would have netted me a huge territorial gain and possibly a new kingdom title.

The AI-bride of your son, has made him heir of the bishoprics which removes him as your and your wifes heir. This is a known issue (=already reported as a bug).