+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 788 FirstFirst ... 15 40 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 90 115 140 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 15760

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the "request title" decision; can somebody tell me the requirements? I'm having a hard time understanding the tooltip.
    Bumping this. The decision I mean, BTW, is the "Request Title from Liege."
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

This has probably been answered already, but I could not find it through the Forum search: Where can I see who the 2nd and 3rd in line to a foreign title are? I can see the direct heir when I click on the ruler and all claimants through the claimants screen. But how can I see what place the claimants are in line to actual succession?

Found the answer in another thread after all:
    If you hover over the CoA for their title you will see the name of the top 3, but I don't think there's a hot link to click on them from that list, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Catch22; 19-03-2012 at 09:28.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is a situation I was thinking about but hasn't appeared in a game of mine yet.
    I am the golden square. If I die, who will inherit? Woman 1 or 2?

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchling View Post
    This is a situation I was thinking about but hasn't appeared in a game of mine yet.
    I am the golden square. If I die, who will inherit? Woman 1 or 2?
    2. It will check for male children, then their descendants, before female children, then moves to male siblings, then female ones.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I thought so, but I wasn't sure about it because inheritance sometimes seems to get a bit weird when it's not about your children or their descendants.

edit: if 1's mother would still be alive, would 2 still inherit?
    Last edited by Dutchling; 18-03-2012 at 19:13.

Hi all,
    as Duke of Milan and other titles, i attacked Venice... After winning the siege it tells me i become duke of Venice and i obtain the Republic of Venice but it remainds independent... is it a bug or whatever else??

thanks

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchling View Post
    edit: if 1's mother would still be alive, would 2 still inherit?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Asimov4000 View Post
    Hi all,
    as Duke of Milan and other titles, i attacked Venice... After winning the siege it tells me i become duke of Venice and i obtain the Republic of Venice but it remainds independent... is it a bug or whatever else??

thanks
    I assume you pressed a claim on the Duchy. Confusingly, there is the County of Venice (Grand City of Venice), Duchy of Venice (Republic of Venice) and Kingdom of Venice (Serene Republic of Venice). Venice still holds the County title and the Kingdom title, and as such is not your vassal.

np i made a second war and i came in control of the county

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Yes.

I assume you pressed a claim on the Duchy. Confusingly, there is the County of Venice (Grand City of Venice), Duchy of Venice (Republic of Venice) and Kingdom of Venice (Serene Republic of Venice). Venice still holds the County title and the Kingdom title, and as such is not your vassal.
    exactly

How can you distinguish "noblemen" from "normal people" which you can make Lord Mayor of Venice for example without the penalty for wrong type of governor?

Sig Sig Sputnik Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

How can you distinguish "noblemen" from "normal people" which you can make Lord Mayor of Venice for example without the penalty for wrong type of governor?
    There is no difference between them. You can give a city to everyone as long as they don't hold a castle-barony, then they won't get a penalty.

Crusader Kings IISengoku

Quote Originally Posted by Sforzesco View Post
    I started as duke of Munster, and expanded to have 7/13 of the irish counties and created the title King of Ireland.
    I seem not to have claim to any of the rest of the county/duchy titles, should I? (as de jure liege of those duchies)
    For comparison, at start of the game I remember having casus belli for the southern county of duchy in Munster, in basis of being de-jure duke of the county.
    i.e. how can I conquer the rest of the island? (do I just have to manufacture claims & invite claimants to my court?)
    Sorry if that has been answered in much later posts.

As a king there's no need to conquer the rest of the counties/duchies. Just ask the counts/dutches to become your vassals - in most cases they will accept.

Do Crown Laws exist for independent dukies / counts?

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Do Crown Laws exist for independent dukies / counts?
    No, they use de jure liege's laws.

and if de jure liege does not exist?

For example i am duke of lombardy, if i declare independence, what crow laws apply to me?

How do you guys get independent from huge blobs, say France or the HRE, since plotting for independence with your fellow counts/dukes never really happens? Every time I think I have enough allies and my liege is at war on 3 fronts, he forgets about them and just sends a doomstack our way.

Do levies reinforce their numbers when resting in a controlled county? Or is it necessary to disband them and re-recruit after a while?

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by PopsMauler View Post
    Do levies reinforce their numbers when resting in a controlled county? Or is it necessary to disband them and re-recruit after a while?
    You have to disband them.

It is just me or some dynastic CoA appears kind of "blurred" ? Like the inside is from a "different size" or pattern..

Don't know if a made myself clear.. Thanks in advance !

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by SereneRepublic View Post
    How do you guys get independent from huge blobs, say France or the HRE, since plotting for independence with your fellow counts/dukes never really happens? Every time I think I have enough allies and my liege is at war on 3 fronts, he forgets about them and just sends a doomstack our way.
    It helps to have in-laws in a big realm next door. For example, if you are Toulouse and you want independence from France, and your brother-in-law is the HRE or King of all Spain, it helps. Also, with the current setup for France, having a relative on the throne of Brittany is a plus at times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 788 FirstFirst ... 15 40 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 90 115 140 165 ... LastLast