• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, go the Law screen and hover your mouse over the little number at the bottom of your portrait

voting.jpg

I am not currently Emperor; I am a contender for the crown, the Duke of Mecklenburg.

I am not currently Emperor; I am a contender for the crown, the Duke of Mecklenburg.

You can still access it from the laws screen. In the top left your shield should be where the HRE shield is in that picture. Next to it and smaller will be the HRE shield. You should be able to click the HRE shield.

That depends on a lot of things, not sure if I got all of them.

1) You can't push claims of females who are not rulers.
2) you don't have to give him land, but if you are not his liege, once he got his claim, he won't be your vassal (ie. he will be independent).
3) You can push a claim of males (and female rulers) of your dynasty if they are at your court or at the court of your vassals.

2) Unless the claim you are pressing for him is de-jure your vassal, or he is of your dynasty. If either of those is true, then you don't need to give him land for him to become your vassal.
3) You can push the claim of anyone in your realm except unlanded females (unsure how true cognatic affects this), not just dynasty members.

how can i start a war on the behalf of the claimant ?

Same way you start a normal war. There should be a list of CB and on some you will have the person who's claim you are pressing's portrait.

Last edited:
Thank you . It clarify some, but how can i start a war on the behalf of the claimant ?

If the claimant is at your court or at the court of one of your vassals, click on the county you want to claim (or the capital county of a duchy if you want to claim a duchy) and click on the lord of that county. If he has a liege, click on the liege, repeat until you reach the independent ruler. Go to diplomacy, declare war, there should be the the option "Claim XY" with the thumbnail of the of the claimant next to it.

Now, if you are both (you and the holder of the title not the claim) part of the same independent nation (like HRE) and the crown laws allow warfare between vassals, you don't need to declare war on the liege, but you can declare war directly on the holder of the title.

If the claimant is not at your court or at the court of one of your vassals, you need to invite him to your court first.

Another question:

how long do epidemics last? My whole kingdom is hit by tuberculosis and all my vassals are all contracting consumption and dying. It's is kinda annoying :)

Code:
tuberculosis = {
	contagiousness = 0.2
	outbreak_chance = 0.02
	effect = {
		city_tax_modifier = -0.5
		supply_limit = -4
		max_attrition = 0.05
	}
	icon = 1
	tooltip = TUBERCULOSIS_INFO
	months = 24
	trait = has_tuberculosis
	always_get_message = no

timeperiod = {
		start_date = 1066.9.15
		end_date = 1452.1.1		

one_only = no
	}
}

Looks like 24 months.

Code:
tuberculosis = {
	contagiousness = 0.2
	outbreak_chance = 0.02
	effect = {
		city_tax_modifier = -0.5
		supply_limit = -4
		max_attrition = 0.05
	}
	icon = 1
	tooltip = TUBERCULOSIS_INFO
	months = 24
	trait = has_tuberculosis
	always_get_message = no

timeperiod = {
		start_date = 1066.9.15
		end_date = 1452.1.1		

one_only = no
	}
}

typhoid_fever = {
	contagiousness = 0.2
	outbreak_chance = 0.02
	effect = {
		city_tax_modifier = -0.5
		supply_limit = -4
		max_attrition = 0.05
	}
	icon = 2
	tooltip = TYPHOID_FEVER_INFO
	months = 24
	trait = has_typhoid_fever
	always_get_message = no

timeperiod = {
		start_date = 1066.9.15
		end_date = 1452.1.1

one_only = no
	}
}

typhus = {
	contagiousness = 0.4
	outbreak_chance = 0.08
	effect = {
		city_tax_modifier = -0.5
		supply_limit = -4
		max_attrition = 0.05
	}
	icon = 3
	tooltip = TYPHUS_INFO
	months = 5
	trait = has_typhus
	always_get_message = no

timeperiod = {
		start_date = 1066.9.15
		end_date = 1452.1.1

one_only = no
	}
}

bubonic_plague = {
	contagiousness = 0.8
	outbreak_chance = 0.01
	effect = {
		city_tax_modifier = -0.8
		supply_limit = -4
		max_attrition = 0.05
	}
	icon = 4
	tooltip = BUBONIC_PLAGUE_INFO
	months = 7
	trait = has_bubonic_plague
	always_get_message = yes

timeperiod = {
		start_date = 1300.1.1
		end_date = 1400.1.1

one_only = yes
	}
}

measles = {
	contagiousness = 0.4
	outbreak_chance = 0.08
	effect = {
		city_tax_modifier = -0.5
		supply_limit = -4
		max_attrition = 0.05
	}
	icon = 5
	tooltip = MEASLES_INFO
	months = 5
	trait = has_measles
	always_get_message = no

timeperiod = {
		start_date = 1066.9.15
		end_date = 1452.1.1

one_only = no
	}
}

small_pox = {
	contagiousness = 0.4
	outbreak_chance = 0.16
	effect = {
		city_tax_modifier = -0.2
		supply_limit = -4
		max_attrition = 0.05
	}
	icon = 6
	tooltip = SMALL_POX_INFO
	months = 4
	trait = has_small_pox
	always_get_message = no

timeperiod = {
		start_date = 1066.9.15
		end_date = 1452.1.1

one_only = no
	}
}

Hi all,
i am playing as duke of Milan. That shit of the Emperor has decided medium authority crown so i can't make war to other vassals of his. But Bavaria (one of his) attacked Toscana (another one of his). How can it be???
What do u suggest me to do? I can't do no wars...
btw how could i become emperor??

Hi all,
i am playing as duke of Milan. That shit of the Emperor has decided medium authority crown so i can't make war to other vassals of his. But Bavaria (one of his) attacked Toscana (another one of his). How can it be???
What do u suggest me to do? I can't do no wars...
btw how could i become emperor??

The vassals-but-you can wage war when crown laws forbid it seems to be a bug, many times reported.

I'm a bit confused about the "request title" decision; can somebody tell me the requirements? I'm having a hard time understanding the tooltip.

What does this mean :" Religion groups are now marked playable in the religion file"

Papacy playable?

That means the trigger that stops you from playing Pagans or Muslims is now in a text file allowing you to change it so you can play as Pagans or Muslims.

The vassals-but-you can wage war when crown laws forbid it seems to be a bug, many times reported.

Is it a bug? I haven't played as the HRE, so I'm not sure what's De Jure and what's not, but what I've found in my English campaign is that my Dukes in Ireland, Egypt and Scotland were able to declare war independently, but the rest of my Dukes were not. If they were De Jure English, they were bound by my crown laws. If they were not, they appear to be bound by the crown laws of their De Jure kingdom. This meant my French dukes couldn't declare war because they were bound by the crown law of France. My Irish, Scottish and Egyptian Dukes were not restricted by crown laws (because the crown didn't exist, or crown law was low enough). Once I created the Kingdom of Ireland, it inherited the Crown Laws of England and my Irish vassals lost the ability to declare war independently. I usurped the already extant Kingdom or Scotland, with low crown law, and these guys kept the ability to declare war.

Hello!
If the guardian of my heir is "Levantine", it's possible that my heir switches his culture to "Levantine"?
Or the "Guardian culture switch" works only with european cultures (+ ethiopian)?

does syphilitic cause someone to be insane?

(married off a syphilitic woman to a mayor i didn't like. a few years later she died). 10 years later he is stark raving mad and in prison for trying to kill a bunch of people. Was this a random occurrence or something that was programmed in by paradox?