• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cannot get my mercenaries off the island of Sicily. I landed them there and partook in a couple of successful sieges. But I cannot dock my boats in any province in Sicily to get them off the island. I do not own any provinces there. But the Duke of Sicily owns provinces there that are clear of sieges and occupations. We are not allies but we are both fighting the king of France. Why can't I get my expensive mercenaries to the next place they need to go?

You don't need to dock to get your troops on ships; they should be able to walk right on to them from land provided you have enough ships.

You should not assassinate the countess until you have a child with her. Then that child inherits both titles. A title holder without an heir will have his liege as heir.

Hito: Your location and religion.
Every merc-company has a capital, depending how far away from that one you are located you can hire them or not.

Thank you!

You don't need to dock to get your troops on ships; they should be able to walk right on to them from land provided you have enough ships.
Ok, I get it. You cannot use the "embark army" button because you cannot dock. But you order your troops to move into the sea space. Makes total sense that you have to do it two different ways?? Anyway, got it to work - so thanks.

Ok, I get it. You cannot use the "embark army" button because you cannot dock. But you order your troops to move into the sea space. Makes total sense that you have to do it two different ways?? Anyway, got it to work - so thanks.

Moving your troops into the sea is the old school way :)

a bit different question i guess, where can i find the istalled files of this game. i got a disc but the game installed via steam. but i can never find those files -_- i want to edit some stuff but i can only find my save games in my documents but not the main game files.

tx

Ok, two stupid questions.

I am a independent duke in Ireland, my wife is the niece of the duchess of Aquitaine. so she is two stabs away from being the duchess herself. (Aquitaine is part of France right now)

So if my wife and or any heir gets Aquitaine right now, Does Aquitaine become part of Ulster, or does my domains become part of France, or is part of my realm independent, but part of it in France?

Secondly, lets say later on in the game I set up a crusader kingdom far away from my main realm, and put a cadet branch of my family. Later on it rebels and goes free, but is still part of my family. My main family looses its land or dies out. Is it game over or do i go to the cadet branch?

TheStrangerOrg: Try c:/programs/steam/steamapps/common/crusader kings ii

Zedwarson:
1.) It will be either independent or in France. Never both.
If the Crown Authority of France is lower than High Aquitane joins your lands in independence but the King of France gets a claim on every title you inherit from his realm. If it is high or absolute your french claims should default to the king of France upon inheritance.

2.) Depends entirely on your inheritance laws. As long as your heir is of your dynasty (has the blood icon), you will play on. Once he isn't, game over.

Another stupid question - if your a Irish Duke, is it a smart or bad move to marry your 1st daughter (2nd in line) to the young Duke of York, or will there children come back and bite you from claims?

Another stupid question - if your a Irish Duke, is it a smart or bad move to marry your 1st daughter (2nd in line) to the young Duke of York, or will there children come back and bite you from claims?
It's not the best move . You'd essentially be giving a strong Duke [ stronger if his Liege is King of England] a claim to your title. And any heirs they have.

Unless you can make it a Matrilineal marriage which is extremely unlikely.

What I tend to do is marry my second daughters matrilineally to one of my courtiers with really good stats hopefully they'll produce good sons of my dynasty that I can then make Dukes and marry into other Kingdoms.

About Allies and War:
when can i call an ally in battle? After starting a war a hint which suggests to call 1 ally appears, then, after few days, another one with 2 ally (if i have) and so on... why this?
Btw, is there a way to manually call an ally without using the hint?
another question: the probability the ally help you depend only on relationship stats he has with me and with my enemy?

thanks

About Allies and War:
when can i call an ally in battle? After starting a war a hint which suggests to call 1 ally appears, then, after few days, another one with 2 ally (if i have) and so on... why this?
Btw, is there a way to manually call an ally without using the hint?
another question: the probability the ally help you depend only on relationship stats he has with me and with my enemy?

thanks

On your ally's diplomacy screen at bottom CALL TO ARMS. You can only ask once every 5 years though.

It's not the best move . You'd essentially be giving a strong Duke [ stronger if his Liege is King of England] a claim to your title. And any heirs they have.

Unless you can make it a Matrilineal marriage which is extremely unlikely.

What I tend to do is marry my second daughters matrilineally to one of my courtiers with really good stats hopefully they'll produce good sons of my dynasty that I can then make Dukes and marry into other Kingdoms.

Thanks - as a another idiot question, i hear people talk about inviting men with claims on other titles to your court, how do you go about to do that? (So I can marry this guy to my daughter and those sons can have claims.

Thanks - as a another idiot question, i hear people talk about inviting men with claims on other titles to your court, how do you go about to do that? (So I can marry this guy to my daughter and those sons can have claims.

you can click on the shield of a territory you wish to claim. There'll be a tab which says 'claimants' if you select that you get a list of all the characters that hold a claim to that kingdom. Next to their portrait will be a red or green thumb. A character with a green thumbs up can be invited to your court and will have a good chance ( but not always definite )of coming to your court.

Composition of armies

Playing a duke of Scotland and my liege the king just called up several of my levies and demesne forces to put down an uprising of Lancastrians against King William of Normandy. I have tried to see the composition of the various forces of mine, but could not figure it out. Is there a way to view the composition of a moving army when a feudal mobilization has been called? As far as I can tell as well these forces are not under my control.

I have a question: With Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis II, Victoria and Hearts of Iron II it was possible to import the saves and in this way play through 1000 years of History. Is this with CKII, EUIII, VII and HoI III also possible? When yes how? I don'T have the other games so I didn't do it ever. Can someone help me?

Playing a duke of Scotland and my liege the king just called up several of my levies and demesne forces to put down an uprising of Lancastrians against King William of Normandy. I have tried to see the composition of the various forces of mine, but could not figure it out. Is there a way to view the composition of a moving army when a feudal mobilization has been called? As far as I can tell as well these forces are not under my control.

I'm not sure that you can tell the composition as, as you've stated, the forces are not under your control. However, your nobles and character can be part of the armies that your liege using, and your liege can very well end up getting you killed. I'd like to see a more realistic situation when your character is away on campaign or something. It seems a little weird that you can be half way around the world and still welcoming people to a feast and impregnating your wife.