• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all,
i can't arrange matrilineare marriages with my daughters or sisters: no nobleman wants to do it!!!
Should i make them countess before?

Matrilinear marriages are rather curtailed. They are mostly as a last resort if your characters daughter inherits, so it's mostly for, yes, countesses, duchesses and queens.

Hi all,
i can't arrange matrilineare marriages with my daughters or sisters: no nobleman wants to do it!!!
If you make them countesses first, then they will get to pick their husbands, not you.

Simple question: what is the "checksum" in loading screen?
It's a way of checking that you have a particular version of the game loaded. For example, the base game might give you WFBW, whereas a mod will give you THFN. Useful for confirming that you've downloaded and installed a mod or patch correctly.

Hi all,

You should have no issue arranging matrilineal marriages with your own courtiers. One technique to expand one's dynasty---albeit somewhat gamey---is to invite male claimants to other titles to your court, arrange a matrilineal marriage to one of your female dynasty members, then wage war to install the claimant. If all goes successfully, the title will remain within your dynasty (assuming male issue), and you will have an ally for generations.

Stupid question: How do I appoint an antipope? I'm tired of being excommunicated... BTW, I already have free investiture, but can't find the option of the antipope.

Go to religion screen, below pope are all your bishops, if you have a Bishop that has a higher opinion of you than he does of the pope you can click the highlighted Mitre Hat button to create antipope.

Let's say I am Castile and I want to acquire some land from France via inheritance and skulduggery. How exactly do I setup a marriage with the target duke or count in my favor? I have tried marrying my family members to target countesses, and then assassinating them and their heirs until there is no one left, and sometime I end up getting the land and sometimes I do not.

Let's say I am Castile and I want to acquire some land from France via inheritance and skulduggery. How exactly do I setup a marriage with the target duke or count in my favor? I have tried marrying my family members to target countesses, and then assassinating them and their heirs until there is no one left, and sometime I end up getting the land and sometimes I do not.

You should not assassinate the countess until you have a child with her. Then that child inherits both titles. A title holder without an heir will have his liege as heir.

Hito: Your location and religion.
Every merc-company has a capital, depending how far away from that one you are located you can hire them or not.

I'm trying to fabricate a claim, is this only possible for individual counties or can I get more brave and fabricate a claim to an entire Kingdom? Bought this game about a week ago, so trying to get a grip of it!

You can only fabricate claims on counties and with a good chancellor sometimes on a duchy. But never on a kingdom.