• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Essential question:
The ministers + me + wife points(diplomacy,military,management,education) affects the technology advance menu for military,economy,culture and this technology will be distributed to my domain and vassals(kingdom). Later i see these 3 distributed values(military,economy,culture) at the province-interface at the icons for military,economy,culture at every province. The value at the province even depents on f.e. a councilor is in the province and did his job. Is this right? Can u please amend or comment this?

CK2.JPG

Last edited:
if i have a duke with no heir in my kingdom and i successfully assassinate him does my king get his land?

Sorry I didn't see this question before. The king is supposed to receive the dukedom and the counties that the duke directly owned. I've seen it fairly reguarly with baronies and counties set up during crusades, when using a random noble. I assume it works for dukedoms too.

Also what do you guys do with people who plotted to assassinate an heir? Jail, mercy or revoke title?

Generally I revoke a title if I have cause, ie no tyranny, and have something to do with the title.
Jailing is useful when you just want to lock someone up so they can't do anything against you, it's either a temporary measure, till you are in a better position, or permanent, waiting for the guy to die and heirs to take over. Two other uses I like for jailing, catch & release, since relations get boosted with everyone when you release, and the failed jailing to revolt, which after being put down allows for a revocation.
If there is nothing I can gain from revocation or jailing, then I often tell them to end the plot/do nothing.

Essential question:
The ministers + me + wife points(diplomacy,military,management,education) affects the technology advance menu for military,economy,culture and this technology will be distributed to my domain and vassals(kingdom). Later i see these 3 distributed values(military,economy,culture) at the province-interface at the icons for military,economy,culture at every province. The value at the province even depents on f.e. a councilor is in the province and did his job. Is this right? Can u please amend or comment this?

Your tech bonuses effect your demesne. If you are ahead of your neighbors, be they vassals or not, they will get a neighbor bonus. Some councilors can provide an additional province bonus using specific jobs.

If you want to read more about it
http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Technology

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my questions CirMag.

Whats a good country to play as for someone who is new to this game and never played the first one? Im trying Scotland but i have no money and everyone hates me.

What happens when a rule dies without any eligible heir? Currently the king of Sweden (A Pole) seems to have no heir at all, which makes for an interesting opportunity...

Edit: Never mind, the game just needed a while to calculate other family members as heirs. Seems like you can't really get a line away from a throne without completely wiping them out.

Forgot to mention, I have Steam.

Odd question, is the checksum KUMH or TEKO or something else?

Seems a person in the tech support forum had a similar issue with the steam version, he was running a small mod, that seems to have been the culprit.

Originally Posted by CirMag

Your tech bonuses effect your demesne. If you are ahead of your neighbors, be they vassals or not, they will get a neighbor bonus. Some councilors can provide an additional province bonus using specific jobs.

Thanks CirMag, does this mean, that the benefits of technology will affect the single province and every province is different? F.e. if province A got more military technology points then province B, then troops which raised at province A are even better at war? Or another example, province A has a higher economy level and trading tactics are better there than at province B > there will be a higher taxes income at province A? correct me if i am wrong

How to raise base chance of 1.2% at a province?

The Steam version doesn't have the ingame store.

They just download the DLC as you download the game.

I've tried reinstalling the game, but that does not seem to work.

Last thing I can think of is here. It's a post by Tegus, part of the Dev team, regarding a shield issue on steam versions. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks CirMag, does this mean, that the benefits of technology will affect the single province and every province is different? F.e. if province A got more military technology points then province B, then troops which raised at province A are even better at war? Or another example, province A has a higher economy level and trading tactics are better there than at province B > there will be a higher taxes income at province A? correct me if i am wrong

Each province has it's own tech level (from 0.0-5.0) for each tech. There are 8 techs per category, 3 categories. Levels only effect something at full levels, the .1 is progresses if you will.
What the individual techs do is different, Legalism allows your demesne to be larger, Bows improves archer attacks, they can decrease negative modifiers to relations from religion, culture, boost prestige growth, allow different buildings, increase siege times, increase taxes, etc, etc.
If the techs are applicable then province A would have more taxes than province B, ceterius paribus. If on the other hand A has extra taxes from churches, but has no churches, well then it doesn't matter.
What you might want to do is open the tech panel in game, and mouse over each tech, the individual stars. It tells you what that level adds, which might help you now what you want to focus on. For instance the English, might want to focus on Bows, since the get extra and better bowmen. Spanish and French might go for Cavalry weapons, since they get extra cavalry, light and heavy respectively. Heavy Cavalry already hits like a truck, might as well make that even stronger.
Often Siege weapons is a good choice, since sieges take forever.
Just remember, tech improvement is not fast, but if you work to improve it, and know how to, you can get a significant edge.

Last edited:
My successor is a member of the Swedish court, but as he is the half brother of my current king, he is still in my dynasty. I just want to make sure nothing suspicious will happen upon my ruler's death.

Thanks!

How do I change my opinion on supporting/ignoring a proposed crown law? Specifically, I ignored increase crown authority so I could attack another vassal. War won, I now have a second son and would like to change to primogeniture. (Takes 2 crown authority increases, I know, the current emperor is quite old, if this one passes, there's a good chance his heir will propose the next one.)

Really stupid question, but is lust... hereditary in this game? I've had it given to my king on at least three successions.

(which actually led to a kind of humorous situation where my king cuckolded his heir)

Last edited:
Can you request counties like or vassal transfers from the Ilieges that hold de jure titles or vassals in your de jure realm? . The AI does sometimes ask you this.

Or is the only way for the player to acquire the vassal to war with their liege?