• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Setre: You can give land to the Pope normally. Just click on the diplomacy screen. To your liege however, is a lot more tricky. It's not possible directly as far as I know, unless you give him an excuse to revoke one of your titles or something.

Just in case noone saw: What is the mechanic for Jihads and Crusades expiring?

If I hold a duchy, is there a way to just make that title 'disappear'? Just like there's titles that don't exist at the start of the game? Can't seem to finc a way...

I have a question regarding inheritance law:

When I want to change my inheritance law to equal for female and male it says: Holder has to be basque?

First what does it exactly mean with holder? And secondly, why only basque?

If I hold a duchy, is there a way to just make that title 'disappear'? Just like there's titles that don't exist at the start of the game? Can't seem to finc a way...

There is no way.

I have a question regarding inheritance law:

When I want to change my inheritance law to equal for female and male it says: Holder has to be basque?

First what does it exactly mean with holder? And secondly, why only basque?

Historically, only Basques ever used this inheritance law. It means you have to be a Basque to enact the law.

Historically, only Basques ever used this inheritance law. It means you have to be a Basque to enact the law.

Thats silly... I mean that only the basques used it, should that mean that they are the only ones who can use it in a game? Would it really be that impossible (not unlikely, impossible) for another nation with all the right conditions to enact this kind of law? Meh to this piece of determinism.

And halved the modifiers modifying it.

I know but this is how 5% revolt chance look at my instance now. It just does not feel like 5%. Every rebel army on that screen is on my territory except the one in the south. That is why i am so annoyed by this.
None of these regions provide me with more than 200-400 units, so I always have to collect them from multiple regions in order to be able to deal with the rebels now.

2jakz90.jpg

How do you see the succession laws of a neighbor? There's an unmarried countess I've got my eyes on.

There certainly are ways to dissolve a Duchy! For example, if you're a Duke, give one of your barons the Duke title. See him go independent and call a De Jure claim on that barony - once that Baron loses all of his landed titles, his Duke titles all dissolve with him. You could do this to anyone - just give the Ducal title to someone and take all their land; but barons work best, in my opinion.

Regarding succession law, go to a neighbour, and hover over their titles; it should show their succession laws.

Anyone else notice one of the loading screens looks similar to the last supper fresco by da vinci?

How is the money income being calculated? I own 10 regions in my demense with about ~12 gold income per fortress per month, so I should get ~120 gold but I only get like ~19 gold. I cannot find any dialog explaining the income to me.

How is the money income being calculated? I own 10 regions in my demense with about ~12 gold income per fortress per month, so I should get ~120 gold but I only get like ~19 gold. I cannot find any dialog explaining the income to me.

I am pretty sure you are confusing 12g/month with 12g/year - the tooltips in baronies/provinces refer to yearly income.

I started in 1066 as France and cheated myself the title of Latin Emperor because I wanted to get as much time as the LE as possible. However, I can't change the laws on crown authority or the laws on succession. The authority laws are all locked and my succession is Agnatic-Gavelkind. Please help before my guy dies and I have to waste time getting the land back.

Question: Since I am regent and chancellor of the HRE, I am wondering if I get any salary?

Also, is it possible to see the exact income/expense of my realm? I kind of miss this feature or can't find it.

A Chancellor gets 0.1 gold a month.
A Regent also gets 0.1 gold a month.