• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Few questions:

Can I be a vassal of mongols? Antiochia is not big enough to resist!

Gavelkind A second son can be remove from the succession line by giving him a bishop title. But what can I do with a second or third daughter? Alternatives to killing - please?

It is really impossible to give my one and only King title to my strongest vasall? My King holds only one county. His kingdom is a farce.

Thanks.

1) Yes
2) Have a son. Maybe make them a mayor, but most succession laws won't allow this.
3) Wait for him to rebel, or alternatively grow a spine and start being a tyrant! :)

Isn't an excommunicated person considered being an infidel? Isn't it free to revoke titles from excommunicated vassals?
Also, which level of crown authority I must have to revoke titles from infidels without penalty?
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
sorry if i am asking silly questions.

I am playing as King of Scotland.

1) The Western Part of Scotland belongs the jure to my kingdom but is governed by a duke who is independent. Is this not a valid casus belli towards him?

2) One of my vassal was a duke and had 4 counties. As he was too much powerful i decided to revoke his title of duke. (i had the necessary crown authority to do it). After some days of thinking, he refused to do so and so a war began. I won, i imprisoned him. So i could revoke title, as i did it, my second son became duke. Is there a way to decide who become duke? Would have been different if i decided to revoke one of his counties?

3) where can i see anybody's claim?

4) about change of laws: what does depend the speed of votes becoming "yes"? From the relationship with the vassal? How does the vote system work?

Thanks a lot!

1) The Western Part of Scotland belongs the jure to my kingdom but is governed by a duke who is independent. Is this not a valid casus belli towards him?

No, but you can ask him to become your vassal. In order to do this you need to prove your power to him and make him happy. Proving power could be done by attacking England, which is currently under attack by Norway and some other people or you decide to press your claim on the northern part of Scotland, which immediately occurs when starting to play as the King of Scottish Skirts. Winning one of these battles will demonstrate your power and he may like to join you as a vassal.

2) One of my vassal was a duke and had 4 counties. As he was too much powerful i decided to revoke his title of duke. (i had the necessary crown authority to do it). After some days of thinking, he refused to do so and so a war began. I won, i imprisoned him. So i could revoke title, as i did it, my second son became duke. Is there a way to decide who become duke? Would have been different if i decided to revoke one of his counties?

Erm, if you revoke the title, the title belongs to you, so you have to decide, who you want to have it. I do not understand, how your second son could get this title. Also it is a very dangerous thing to give your temporary heirs titles because they will fight each other for your king title as soon as you die. Always give your first heir land, so that he can gain prestige but not the other ones.

3) where can i see anybody's claim?

- If you look at the character screen of one person, you can see this persons titles and claims.
- If you want to know, if you can declare war one someone because of a claim, try to declare war on this person or his ruler and look at the list of possible claims.
- If you want to know, if there are any people outside of your dynasty claiming something, click on the flag symbol and then on the button that should say something like "claimants". You can invite those people to your house, if they display a green thumb up.

4) about change of laws: what does depend the speed of votes becoming "yes"? From the relationship with the vassal? How does the vote system work?

Yes, if the relationship of the voters is 50+ towards you, they will agree.

No, but you can ask him to become your vassal. In order to do this you need to prove your power to him and make him happy. Proving power could be done by attacking England, which is currently under attack by Norway and some other people or you decide to press your claim on the northern part of Scotland, which immediately occurs when starting to play as the King of Scottish Skirts. Winning one of these battles will demonstrate your power and he may like to join you as a vassal.

Many thanks for all your hints :)
Can i ask you some things surely silly:
how can you "press the claim"?
how can he join me as a vassal? Must i ask him? Or is he who must ask me?

How does one go about installing their antipope in Rome?

how can you "press the claim"?

- click on the region you have the claim on
- click on its main flag
- you will see that this region belongs to Norway
- click on the flag of Norway
- you can see the picture of the king of Norway at the bottom
- click on his picture
- go to diplomacy
- declare war on him because of this region you have the claim on
- the war should be easy to win, because the king of Norway is busy with England. You only need to capture some of the isles to the north

how can he join me as a vassal? Must i ask him?

Yes, go to diplomacy screen of the duke of The Isles. It is the second button from the bottom.

Because I'm an idiot I accepted a matrilinear marriage with my sole surviving heir. Is it possible to change this in the save file? How?

Because I'm an idiot I accepted a matrilinear marriage with my sole surviving heir. Is it possible to change this in the save file? How?

Find your character ID (it's at the top). Then find your son (father=your id) and his wife's (spouse=x in his entry) IDs , then find a diplomatic entry between those two characters that says succession=yes. That's the matrilinear agreement. Delete it, and you're good.

Here's an example:
Code:
diplo_519393=
{
	519141=
	{
		succession=yes
	}
}

Which is the quickest way to kill myself? I want my heir to inherit ASAP

Find your character ID (it's at the top). Then find your son (father=your id) and his wife's (spouse=x in his entry) IDs , then find a diplomatic entry between those two characters that says succession=yes. That's the matrilinear agreement. Delete it, and you're good.

Here's an example:
Code:
diplo_519393=
{
	519141=
	{
		succession=yes
	}
}

Awesome, thanks!

Which is the quickest way to kill myself? I want my heir to inherit ASAP

This worked for me once:

Give your heir land, make him one of your vassals.

Divorce your wife - especially if she is mother of heir. If Divorce fails, imprison her and execute her.

If the above has not yet accomplished it, do other things to make your heir dislike you, but ideally not to the point of rebellion.

Do not remarry, unless it is to someone with 0 espionage skill.

Appoint the most incompetent spymaster you can find and send him out of the country. (It may work better if you appoint your unhappy heir as spymaster and let him hang around court).

Start an assassination war with your heir's court (but, of course, never directly target him or his healthy sons).

Speed things along by going hunting & holding feasts at every opportunity. Make choices that lower espionage skills and ruin your health.

Hi all!

i just managed to become pope and king of sicilia. my question is how i can stop this gamepausing popups that apears if someone wants a absolution. its unplayable by now because i have to accept 4 - 7 absolutions every day! there is no option in the massageoptions for this... please help!?

by the way, does it pay of to keep the pope-title in familie? it seems that i dont get the income of all the biscops from other countries (i know they have to like me more then their dukes)... where can i check this? or m i wrong? (income is at 34 was at 14 before i was king and pope...)

thx!

I have the succession law which says my oldest son gets all titles.

But I have a situation where I had one older son who was married and has a 24 year old son (my grandson). But I also had my wife die on me and I re-married and she bore me new children, one who is 21 now. I assassinated my older son expecting my 21 year old son to be the next heir, but the game is showing my 24-year old grandson as the next heir. WAD?

I have the succession law which says my oldest son gets all titles.

But I have a situation where I had one older son who was married and has a 24 year old son (my grandson). But I also had my wife die on me and I re-married and she bore me new children, one who is 21 now. I assassinated my older son expecting my 21 year old son to be the next heir, but the game is showing my 24-year old grandson as the next heir. WAD?

Definitely Working As Designed. The order of succession is eldest child -> their descendents -> next child -> their descendents, etc -> brothers and sisters.

Thanks tamius23, I was reading the text description too literally.

What makes the crown authority UI disappear? On my laws screen I have an empty row where the crown authority used to be. There is just an empty row, then the Tax/Levy laws. So basically I cannot see what my current crown authority is and I cant adjust it.

I am playing as a ruler with multiple kingdom titles.