• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If we set betrothal between kids, how looks situation than they get adult? Will pop up some window for example what type of marriage we want (this male or woman inheriting) or its automatic one type? I dont had so patience to skip 16 years for now.

Second question can I continue game after hiting end date like in Sengoku?

Have decided to kill my wife. Have selected that a a plot. I have a 37.5% plot power. How do i increase this, do I have to get backers for the plot and how do I do this? What percentage do you nbeed to get for it to work?

Hello i would love if someone could answer my questions.

What are all the ways of ranking up to a duke from a count?

Thanks.

Hello i would love if someone could answer my questions.

What are all the ways of ranking up to a duke from a count?

Thanks.

1. Inheritance from a duke (some creative marriage and assassination)
2. Usurping a duchy when you hold more than half the de jure counties.
3. Being granted a duchy by your liege, if he is a king or emperor.
4. Getting a claim on a duchy and fighting the duke for it (and winning).

Thank you loads!

Another question coming up.

What are the most effective ways of making money? I seem to make around 1 gold all the time.

Sorry to keep asking questions. I think i read somewhere that you can build a castle for holy orders? I have hired an order and the war is now finished and they are costing me a packet. Do I just disband them or is there another option?

5. Creating the title, if it doesn't already exist. Requires 50% of the county-level titles.

Sorry to keep asking questions. I think i read somewhere that you can build a castle for holy orders? I have hired an order and the war is now finished and they are costing me a packet. Do I just disband them or is there another option?
Yes, you can give them a castle, but it's not worth it. They'll just do their own thing and ignore you most of the time. Best to just disband them.

5. Creating the title, if it doesn't already exist. Requires 50% of the county-level titles.

Yes, you can give them a castle, but it's not worth it. They'll just do their own thing and ignore you most of the time. Best to just disband them.

Thanks for that. One more, is it worth creating new holdings? It seems very expensive. And if so, where and what ones. I presime in your own direct lands, but are there any that are better to build?

If you can't immediately expand and have spare gold then holdings are definitely worth it. Castles are the only ones you can hold directly, so if your under the demesne limit you'll want to build them and keep them. If you don't want to have any more holdings controlled by you then build cities and give them to mayors to control. If you set the city tax rate to max they pay you 45% of the gold they make and you make the cost of building them back fairly quickly.

Thanks for that. One more, is it worth creating new holdings? It seems very expensive. And if so, where and what ones. I presime in your own direct lands, but are there any that are better to build?
Like JPR said, it depends on your circumstances. My main tip is that your Councillors' jobs apply to all the holdings in a province, so having a bunch of holdings in your capital is great.

Is there a way to change Prince-Bishoprics to Baronies? Just wondering if there's a trick to get rid of all these annoying priests that don't pay me taxes and give me a Wrong Government Type penalty.

Build cities for the income, or baronies which you keep. If you have 5 castles in one province (a la Constantinople) then you're marshals +50% to levies is going to make a BIG difference to your personal retinue. This does nerf your income quite a lot though. Alternatively just build a few cities.
Is there a way to change Prince-Bishoprics to Baronies? Just wondering if there's a trick to get rid of all these annoying priests that don't pay me taxes and give me a Wrong Government Type penalty.
Grant the county title to the baron of the province. So revoke Prince Bishops title, -> grant to his former vassal baron. this will turn it into a normal county. You can use the same trick to turn a county into a Great City or a Prince Bishop if you want.

1.) Do holy orders attack heretics?
As in, can I as a Catholic use them against Cathar or Orthodox armies?

Two other ones: I'm duke of Moravia, vassal to the king of Bohemia who is vassal to the Kaiser.
2.) Can I vote who becomes Kaiser?
3.) Can I declare independence from the king only to become a direct vassal of the Kaiser? Or would I have to declare independence from the HRE and then swear fealty to the Kaiser to become his direct vassal?

Last edited:
Hi. I'm reading the fantastic guide that's pinned in this forum and I've come to this:

First, the easiest type of CB to gain are claims. There are four primary ways to gain claims:

Forge the claim. This doesn't works for anything above the ducal level (skill of 15 needed to forge a ducal claim)

Skill 15 in what area? Diplomacy I guess... but also, my chancellors diplomacy? My state diplomacy?

I've been trying to gain a claim on a foreign duchy for SOOOO long, but my chancellor is 14 skill, could that be the reason why I'm not getting it?

One small question..
I read in a development diary that it would be possible to re-name holdings. Is this feature still in the game? If so, how does the player access it?

Click on the name of a holding, then you can change it's name. But you need to be independent (so no liege above you) in order to do that.