• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Currently playing as Lithuania. Started out as Polotsk, and educated my heirs to be good Lithuanian pagans instead of Orthodox Russians.

Last Orthodox ruler i had is dead, and i conquered all of the Lithuanian pagans i could. Problem is, i cant do "holy wars" versus people of diferent faith. Is this a bug, or WAD?

All of the world can jump on me, but i cant jump on them? Lame stuff.

OTOH, its nice to have Warrior Cult buildings. That stuff costs only 10 gold coins, and gives you 600 extra troops per province!

HRE is my neighbour btw... i want to see how many years i will manage to last. :p

Can you load a saved game if you are a pagan?

Apparently yes. Had to forget that game though, couldnt last more than 4 years despite my relatively huge armies. Goddamn Holy wars. After the HRE finishes you, everyone jumps on you because you are weak.

Is there any benefit to helping distant allies? Does it give you Prestige to fight battles and take land for them? Will they give you land after the war is over?

I am playing as the Duke of Munster and the Kingdom of France is one of my allies. I fought some battles and took land for them in North Africa. The war ended and it didn't really seem worth it, even though they won.

Is there any benefit to helping distant allies? Does it give you Prestige to fight battles and take land for them? Will they give you land after the war is over?

I am playing as the Duke of Munster and the Kingdom of France is one of my allies. I fought some battles and took land for them in North Africa. The war ended and it didn't really seem worth it, even though they won.

If you want them as a strong ally for your own wars, the best benefit to you is to make sure that they don't lose (since that weakens them in the future). If they are doing fine on their own, accept the call to avoid the prestige hit and sit back and watch.

You can get benefits from pillaging, but that can be counteracted by army maintenance. However, you can send just a small token force to join in on the sieges they are performing.

If you are a King and one of your vassals controls all of the counties in an uncreated duchy, should I create it or let him do it on his own?

As I see it the pros and cons of creating and granting him the Duchy are:
pros: relations with vassal, prestige for creating title
cons: money

Wait for him to create it
pros: ?
cons: ?

If you are a King and one of your vassals controls all of the counties in an uncreated duchy, should I create it or let him do it on his own?

As I see it the pros and cons of creating and granting him the Duchy are:
pros: relations with vassal, prestige for creating title
cons: money

Wait for him to create it
pros: ?
cons: ?

Wait for him to create it:
pros: Save money
cons: You'll probably wait forever

Apparently yes. Had to forget that game though, couldnt last more than 4 years despite my relatively huge armies. Goddamn Holy wars. After the HRE finishes you, everyone jumps on you because you are weak.

Restarted that game as Pagan Lithuania... With a realm size of 46, i am able to muster more than 11k men by 1100. Lost a war against poland right after converting to pagan but now its payback time. :)

Rumova Lithuania ftw!

On a side note, marriages are very hard to come by, and the rurikovichs are pretty much extint. Those that hungary didnt finish, marriage did (only women survived and they married random courtiers normally).

Sorry for the OT, btw.

Why use the cannon when love trumps over all? :cool:

Make babies, not war.

Is there any way to send someone to another character's court? Got all these spinsters at my court and I want to send them to live with their sons. I gave them their titles; is it too much to ask that they look after their widowed mothers?

I just formed Italy as Lombardy. Then I waged an independence war vs HRE which I won. I thought I would get De Jure claims on all the italian kingdom lands that is in the HRE, but I dont.
Does anyone know why?

I just formed Italy as Lombardy. Then I waged an independence war vs HRE which I won. I thought I would get De Jure claims on all the italian kingdom lands that is in the HRE, but I dont.
Does anyone know why?
Only Duchy titles give you CBs. The main advantage from having the de jure Kingdom title over an area you don't control is that independent rulers are more likely to pledge fealty to you.

Playing as Scotland, I can't revoke the title of the rebellious Earl of Cumberland because the crown authority of ENGLAND(???) doesn't allow it? What has England got to do with it, besides being the De Jure (not the De Facto) owner of the province?

Is this WAD?

My question is how do you prevent a civil war after my king dies.
In my game i play as RUS, yes i'm quite big and laws are harsh. But shouldnt the fact that my father the old king was respected, fear and loved by everyone matter? seems so stupid to fight civil war every single time crown change.

A lot depends on the list of claimants (when you get the 'you have a new monarch' screen) and how powerful they are and how they feel about your new character. Over a very long reign, you can build up a nice, fat 'long reign' modifier with all your vassals and a new monarch gets a 'short reign' modifier that counts down every year. And if you do have harsh laws that makes matters worse. I think that dukes who have claims to the de jure kingdom that they are part of will make that claim pretty often.

The answer to this is probably here but I don't feel like going through 48 pages.

First question: I am playing a count (Bearn). I have 4 provinces (4 out 5 of duchy of Gascogne). Once in a while a decision to ask duchy from my liege (Aquitaine who holds the Gascogne duchy) pops up for whatever reason. When I ask, my liege accepts and says the duchy is yours but nothing happens. I don't get land or a title or a claim. Nothing. What did I gain by this? I was hoping he would give me the duchy of Gascogne but apparently not.

Second question: I have some people in my court (relatives) who have claims I can enforce in their names. What do I gain by this? Let's say I enforce a claim (duchy of Gascogne) in the name of a relative. I don't get anything, right? Is there any benefit to doing this?

Thanks.