• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to see a list of prestige scores for all the dynasties? It would be handy when looking to marry for prestige, or just for curiosity's sake.

Can you use your Spymaster to Discover Plots in other territories, i.e. if you do it in a territory that doesn't belong to you, such as a vassal's, will you have a chance of discovering plots against you originating from that lord?

I apologise if this has been answered already. I looked in this thread but it either hasn't been asked or I missed it.

How do you check the heir sequence for a character, as per CK1? The only heir I can see is the top candidate. For my own country I can see the top 3 (heir and two pretenders), but for other characters I can see only their top heir and that's it. It makes positioning my sordid offspring for inheritances more difficult ;)

How do you check the heir sequence for a character, as per CK1? The only heir I can see is the top candidate. For my own country I can see the top 3 (heir and two pretenders), but for other characters I can see only their top heir and that's it. It makes positioning my sordid offspring for inheritances more difficult ;)

If you hover over the CoA for their title you will see the name of the top 3, but I don't think there's a hot link to click on them from that list, unfortunately.

I apologise if this has been answered already. I looked in this thread but it either hasn't been asked or I missed it.

Mouseover the big title shield, and it will give the next three in line for the title.

If I as an independent King of Sicily, claim the ERE title and win the war, that makes Sicily both a de facto and de jure part of the ERE, correct? So what happens if I then lose the ERE title? Does Sicily go back to being independent, or is it now a vassal of whoever won the imperial title?

How is attrition at sea determined? I once recruited both the Templars and the Hospitallers at full strength for my crusade in Palestine as England, and when the ships got there (both stacks combined in one fleet), there was about 7000 crusaders left! :O

How is attrition at sea determined? I once recruited both the Templars and the Hospitallers at full strength for my crusade in Palestine as England, and when the ships got there (both stacks combined in one fleet), there was about 7000 crusaders left! :O

You get it if there are more than 7000 troops in a single sea zone. You can break up your fleets to avoid the penalty, just make sure that they don't ever occupy the same zone.

So, I'm in the middle of a game as Ireland and out of the blue I find that one of my favorite tools for managing vassal opinion - educating children - is no longer working. The option is just not there. Even some of the people that had wards seem to be without them now. I recently changed to high crown authority, does that make educating children illegal? Has anyone else had this? Any idea how to fix the problem? I've got some wayward dukes and taking their children as hosta.. erm, wards would be useful.

Once you take a zone via Crusade, are there events where the zone is then converted or at least fortified? Or are you expected to convert it and deal with the lack of production till you do? Im playing as Wales and just nabbed Acre and some surrounding land via a crusade, and im terrified im gonna have to fight off the muslims by myself and in land that will produce no troops for about 50 years.

Can you use your Spymaster to Discover Plots in other territories, i.e. if you do it in a territory that doesn't belong to you, such as a vassal's, will you have a chance of discovering plots against you originating from that lord?

I'd like to know this too. I've never uncovered a foreign plot, but I HAVE uncovered a domestic one to overthrow me which also involved the King Of Aragorn (sp). I asked him to bow out and he did. Then I asked the others and they did not. So I imprisoned one- failed, and started the rebellion. I wonder if I would have uncovered the plot had my spy been in Aragorn.

Once you take a zone via Crusade, are there events where the zone is then converted or at least fortified? Or are you expected to convert it and deal with the lack of production till you do? Im playing as Wales and just nabbed Acre and some surrounding land via a crusade, and im terrified im gonna have to fight off the muslims by myself and in land that will produce no troops for about 50 years.

Remain terrified and start building stuff!

What causes the '-25 Liege allowed vassal to break free' opinion modifier on all of my people? I just became elected king by succeeding the untimely death of the previous monarch and the kingdom has everything that she had.

Where'd All the Mercenaries Go?

I couldn't find anything in the OM about this, so I though I'd ask. It's about 1200. I started as count of Lausitz in the HRE in 1066, now I'm a duke with a realm of about 35+, but I noticed that last time I loaded my game up .... there were no more mercenaries to recruit. Go to the military tab, tab over to mercenaries, and it's just blank.

- Religious orders are still there and recruitable, but not mercenaries.
- Is this a consequence of crown authority? That's the only reason I can think of.

Being a part of the HRE is nice since nobody can fuck with you, but it really starts to get annoying when you can only raise a fraction of your levies due to crown authority, you can't recruit mercenaries, and any reasonably attractive target in Europe has already been absorbed by the massive grey blob that the HRE has become (spreading into England, North Africa and France).