+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 792 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 67 92 117 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II ~ Quick Answers

Is there a way to see a list of prestige scores for all the dynasties? It would be handy when looking to marry for prestige, or just for curiosity's sake.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tiax View Post
    Is there a way to see a list of prestige scores for all the dynasties? It would be handy when looking to marry for prestige, or just for curiosity's sake.
    Click Ledger in the bottom right -- second button over. Page through that.
    -Cal
    AARagon (4/04 -- Teaser Update) Abandoned due to additional patches

Quote Originally Posted by Calbrenar View Post
    Click Ledger in the bottom right -- second button over. Page through that.
    I don't have any ledger pages that list prestige scores for dynasties...

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tiax View Post
    I don't have any ledger pages that list prestige scores for dynasties...
    I know but it shows by individual and that's the closest you can get that I'm aware of.
    -Cal
    AARagon (4/04 -- Teaser Update) Abandoned due to additional patches

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Can you use your Spymaster to Discover Plots in other territories, i.e. if you do it in a territory that doesn't belong to you, such as a vassal's, will you have a chance of discovering plots against you originating from that lord?

I apologise if this has been answered already. I looked in this thread but it either hasn't been asked or I missed it.

How do you check the heir sequence for a character, as per CK1? The only heir I can see is the top candidate. For my own country I can see the top 3 (heir and two pretenders), but for other characters I can see only their top heir and that's it. It makes positioning my sordid offspring for inheritances more difficult

Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by paulk205 View Post
    How do you check the heir sequence for a character, as per CK1? The only heir I can see is the top candidate. For my own country I can see the top 3 (heir and two pretenders), but for other characters I can see only their top heir and that's it. It makes positioning my sordid offspring for inheritances more difficult
    If you hover over the CoA for their title you will see the name of the top 3, but I don't think there's a hot link to click on them from that list, unfortunately.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by paulk205 View Post
    I apologise if this has been answered already. I looked in this thread but it either hasn't been asked or I missed it.

Mouseover the big title shield, and it will give the next three in line for the title.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Check the law screen

If I as an independent King of Sicily, claim the ERE title and win the war, that makes Sicily both a de facto and de jure part of the ERE, correct? So what happens if I then lose the ERE title? Does Sicily go back to being independent, or is it now a vassal of whoever won the imperial title?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Pretty sure you would be a vassal of the ERE, but not 100%.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

How is attrition at sea determined? I once recruited both the Templars and the Hospitallers at full strength for my crusade in Palestine as England, and when the ships got there (both stacks combined in one fleet), there was about 7000 crusaders left! :O

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarle XII View Post
    How is attrition at sea determined? I once recruited both the Templars and the Hospitallers at full strength for my crusade in Palestine as England, and when the ships got there (both stacks combined in one fleet), there was about 7000 crusaders left! :O
    You get it if there are more than 7000 troops in a single sea zone. You can break up your fleets to avoid the penalty, just make sure that they don't ever occupy the same zone.

So, I'm in the middle of a game as Ireland and out of the blue I find that one of my favorite tools for managing vassal opinion - educating children - is no longer working. The option is just not there. Even some of the people that had wards seem to be without them now. I recently changed to high crown authority, does that make educating children illegal? Has anyone else had this? Any idea how to fix the problem? I've got some wayward dukes and taking their children as hosta.. erm, wards would be useful.

Once you take a zone via Crusade, are there events where the zone is then converted or at least fortified? Or are you expected to convert it and deal with the lack of production till you do? Im playing as Wales and just nabbed Acre and some surrounding land via a crusade, and im terrified im gonna have to fight off the muslims by myself and in land that will produce no troops for about 50 years.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
    Can you use your Spymaster to Discover Plots in other territories, i.e. if you do it in a territory that doesn't belong to you, such as a vassal's, will you have a chance of discovering plots against you originating from that lord?
    I'd like to know this too. I've never uncovered a foreign plot, but I HAVE uncovered a domestic one to overthrow me which also involved the King Of Aragorn (sp). I asked him to bow out and he did. Then I asked the others and they did not. So I imprisoned one- failed, and started the rebellion. I wonder if I would have uncovered the plot had my spy been in Aragorn.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
    Once you take a zone via Crusade, are there events where the zone is then converted or at least fortified? Or are you expected to convert it and deal with the lack of production till you do? Im playing as Wales and just nabbed Acre and some surrounding land via a crusade, and im terrified im gonna have to fight off the muslims by myself and in land that will produce no troops for about 50 years.
    Remain terrified and start building stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dearmad View Post
    Remain terrified and start building stuff!
    Great LOL. I can only field 4500 troops. Im screwed.

What causes the '-25 Liege allowed vassal to break free' opinion modifier on all of my people? I just became elected king by succeeding the untimely death of the previous monarch and the kingdom has everything that she had.

Where'd All the Mercenaries Go?

I couldn't find anything in the OM about this, so I though I'd ask. It's about 1200. I started as count of Lausitz in the HRE in 1066, now I'm a duke with a realm of about 35+, but I noticed that last time I loaded my game up .... there were no more mercenaries to recruit. Go to the military tab, tab over to mercenaries, and it's just blank.

- Religious orders are still there and recruitable, but not mercenaries.
    - Is this a consequence of crown authority? That's the only reason I can think of.

Being a part of the HRE is nice since nobody can fuck with you, but it really starts to get annoying when you can only raise a fraction of your levies due to crown authority, you can't recruit mercenaries, and any reasonably attractive target in Europe has already been absorbed by the massive grey blob that the HRE has become (spreading into England, North Africa and France).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 792 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 67 92 117 142 ... LastLast