• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@ sossenbinder

1) Can get heavy cav from the stables buildings but not very many. The main source is from the special building the knights list which Italy/Germany/France gets. Or from mercaneries. Horse archers are just mongols/mercaneries I think

2) They probably already have a contract with someone else. So another nation is using them. Like mercaneries only one person can use them at once.

6) When you call your vassals troops you build up that penalty. Ie they like you less the longer you use their armies. That penalty will go away over time if you are not using the troops any more. If you have used their troops a lot and build up a big penalty it will take several years to go away completely.

1) Is there any way to change the culture of a County?

2) I have a 'county' with just a City and a Cathedral. It belonged to a Lord Mayor who revolted and I revoked his title, just to spite him. But now, I don't have a clue what to do with it. The game keeps telling me the holder is the wrong type for this county but I don't see how I can change that. Granting it to someone as a landed title won't work, right? Do I need to build a castle, would that change the county's type? Or can I somehow appoint a new Lord Mayor?

I believe that anything opinion of a mayor over 0 gives you full taxes. As far as why you are seeing different tax numbers you might want to actually click on the holding. On the screen that comes up if you hover over the tax value you will see the base tax and then the modifiers increasing it. It's possible that the 28.6s you see are just the base tax or something; I don't know offhand if the main county screen shows the final tax amount. Your % is calculated from the modified amount due to city improvements, etc. That's the only reason that I can of as to why you would be seeing the mayors giving different amounts.

Stewardship affects it a lot. That's a good reason to install your own line of mayors if you get the chance. A double digit steward makes a big difference as the automayors are usually pretty crappy (1-4 range is not uncommmon.)

2) I have a 'county' with just a City and a Cathedral. It belonged to a Lord Mayor who revolted and I revoked his title, just to spite him. But now, I don't have a clue what to do with it. The game keeps telling me the holder is the wrong type for this county but I don't see how I can change that. Granting it to someone as a landed title won't work, right? Do I need to build a castle, would that change the county's type? Or can I somehow appoint a new Lord Mayor?

If you grant a city to someone without land, he becomes a mayor (the right type.) Same for bishop. The guide stickied up top here is really good on this stuff. [GUIDE] In-depth Guide to CKII

There's a random event that fires with an mtth of 100 years. It requires that a neighbouring county has the culture to which you want it to convert (that or your ruler), or it is of a different religion to you.

I go some little questions.. please help
3)
Now i can choose a plot. For example to kill my wife. People of my realm can support me for this plot. There are green hands at the portraits of these people. Often, there are not enough supporters in my realm. What are the conditions for this green hands and the assistance? How can i get more supporters for plots?

4)
One thing i wonder is, what is the benefit from a marriage of one of my courtiers? For example i marry my mayor. The only thing i get is that perhaps he will get more happy if he wanted to marry. Does the skill points and characteristics of my mayers wife give me any advantages?

5)
An other question is, why should i instruct my nephew etc? What are the benefits for me if my nephews got good skills?

3) You can giuft them gold, arrange marriages, etc. Anything that makes them like you better will increase the chance they will be willing to plot. I find one gift generally does it unless they hate you.

4) Marrying one of your courtiers within your court lets you tie them down a little (in the case both are courtiers and you want at least one of them to stay around for future use). You can also add the wife marriage stat boost (especially steward) to mayors. There's the happiness you mention. kids... free source of future councilors, potential future spouses, etc. On the other hand if they are crappy, marry them off outside your realm to get rid of them. Especially the ones with bad congenital traits. Don't need more of those in your realm!

5) Training non immediate family makes them more attractive for marriage alliances, etc. Also gives you a pool of better mayor/bishops/lords when you need them, and they are a little more loyal if they are of your blood and you treated them well. If you're paranoid you might want to avoid training them up with too much intrigue...:eek:

Is it possible to get English / Saxon / Scottish / Irish out of Albion and/or Eire?

Without having to go all the way to Spain and hoping a lucky event fires from there so you can go all the way to your home country in... who knows how many years.

Is it possible to get English / Saxon / Scottish / Irish out of Albion and/or Eire?

Without having to go all the way to Spain and hoping a lucky event fires from there so you can go all the way to your home country in... who knows how many years.

Only if the county to which it spreads is of a different religion to an English/etc ruler.

So I have to go to Spain. Dammit.

It'd be nice of the English melting pot events worked out of De Jure England as well; I can understand why it wouldn't, but frankly it's annoying. Or at least some other way to convert provinces.

It'd be nice of the English melting pot events worked out of De Jure England as well; I can understand why it wouldn't, but frankly it's annoying. Or at least some other way to convert provinces.

You could convert to another religion. I don't know if it works with heresies, but if you somehow manage to become Muslim or Pagan then it would work.

Since it's a different religion group, heresies or Orthodox doesn't work. Being a Muslim... well, that just takes the whole lot out of RP, really.

Thanks for all the help and suggestion though, I really appreciate it.

Bug or WAD: event 2480, where a vassal asks to become your child's guardian fires even if the child has his own court. If you accept the vassal's offer, your child becomes that vassal's ward, without any option to refuse. This seems off.

Example: I'm the King of Sicily (Norman, Catholic) my wife is a Byzantine Duchess (Greek, Orthodox). My wife dies, leaving our son her duchy. He now leave my court where I had been tutoring him and goes to the ERE. I ask to become his guardian(since I don't want him becoming a foreign heretic. He refuses due to not "wanting to be hostage to a foreign power". This seems a little odd to me, seeing as he'll inherit this foreign power, but ok, I guess; his Greek regent probably also wants to be able to pick the guardian and determine the child's culture. But then event 2480 fires, one of my Prince-Bishops asks to become guardian; I agree, and my son moves out of his Greek court and into my vassals. Great for me, but seems like somethings wrong. Shouldn't he/his regent have a chance to refuse this offer?

Your culture will eventually spread via event 55000. It's just really slow, and requires that the province borders one that is already of/owned by your culture. But it doesn't have the wrong religion group requirement of the "this needs real men" event.

Just a few questions...

1)Who makes good vassals? (I mean Count and Dukes)? I know enough to pick one with positive relation and if possible inside my dynasty, but either by being unlucky or with a small original family, my dynasty has a lot of girls and few eligible men. Stats wise and long-terms wise how do you choose?

2)Also I have been playing Irish and learning the ropes, I now control 3 Duchies (via vassals) in Scotland, but recently one of the dukes attack and conquered another of my dukes (I changed Kingdom Law to medium since then), but I still have a Scotish (Culture wise) Duke that has no direct affiliation to me with a demesne that is about half of Scotland and I'm not sure what to do about this...

He's duke of The Isles and Lothien. Military wise he's not strong enough by himself to challenge me but I know he'd like to try (Had problems with his being uppity during my last succession but no outright rebelling).

3) Final question sorry... My own Demesne limit... My current King can have 7 counties, my last could have 9... Anyway to stabilize that so I don't have to do a firesell upon succession? I know the factors but I'm not sure on how to manipulate them to have a large domain or at least stabilize it size (so I don't waste money on other people's lands).

Thanks guys you are making this game much more enjoyable by answering all thoses pesky questions :D

I do not see how English can traverse out of Albion and Eire, when there are no provinces bordering the continent. They're islands, dammit.
Ah yes, damn geography. Looks like you're going to have to go to Spain. Or maybe you can encourage the Muslims to attack Brittany.

Not entirely true. You can appoint your wife as Spymaster.
Or your mother.

Is it possible to change from being a mayor to a noble? For example, if a mayor is granted a duchy, will he automatically become a Doge, or could he change to become a Duke? What about if you first revoked his title as mayor, and then granted him the duchy? Would the game remember he was a mayor before?

Is it possible to change from being a mayor to a noble? For example, if a mayor is granted a duchy, will he automatically become a Doge, or could he change to become a Duke? What about if you first revoked his title as mayor, and then granted him the duchy? Would the game remember he was a mayor before?

A mayor will become a doge upon being appointed to a duchy.

You can't grant duchies to landless nobles. So you'd have to give him a a holding first, which would determine whether he became a mayor, bishop, or count.