• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If i marry my son to duchess of another country, he needs to be duke too to prevent him from travelling to his wife court or is count enough ?
also when my son inherits duchy from another country he needs to be a duke before inheritance to transfer lands to my kingdom. If he's a count then he will transfer to that another country to be a duke?
Thanks
Count is enough, I believe. If he's a ruler with his own court, he'll stay where he is. I'm not actually sure about the last one. I believe you're correct, but the crown laws can change things (i.e. high crown authority will prevent him from taking them out of the realm, so he might just be blocked from inheriting it).

Only way I know of is to build a castle (if there's room). The main holding can also change through inheritance (e.g. a mayor inheriting the entire county), but I'm not sure how that happens or whether there's a reasonable way to do it on purpose.
Give the county title to whoever controls the castle in the province, that will change the main holding. Then you can revoke his title.

But Prince-Bishops are excellent vassals if you can get them to like you more than the Pope. If you don't have free investiture, one trick is to give a holding in the province to the Pope, then put a Bishop in charge of the whole county. The bishop and Pope will hate each other because they each want control over the other's holding, so you only ever need to give a single honorary title to get the Prince-Bishop to pay his taxes to you. Obviously this works best after invasions or holy wars where you have a lot of holdings to distribute.

So my own question, how do you get rid of the heretic stronghold effect from provinces? I captured some pagan provinces with this effect and even after converting the provinces to Catholic the effect remains.
An inquisition.

Are you sure about that ? Has anybody actually succeeded ? I have been trying this for ages.

With the invasion CB is the war suppossed to end when the attacking King dies?
I thought it did but the King of France died yet the war against me continued, not sure if my game's bugged or not

No, the war continues. Otherwise Norway / Normandy would fail in their war against Saxonic England, since Harold Godwin dies 80% of the times before the war is concluded.

No, the war continues. Otherwise Norway / Normandy would fail in their war against Saxonic England, since Harold Godwin dies 80% of the times before the war is concluded.
Mr Blank was asking about when the attacker dies. Not the defender.

In the files, it says on_attacker_leader_death triggers a white peace, so it should stop. Are you sure it was an invasion CB?

A friend of mine and I have been trying to get into a multi-player game with one another with very little success, it started off with neither one of us being able to even connect in any form to each others servers, the game just saying they couldn't be found, but we've progressed by a minuscule amount, with it now proclaiming we're on different versions, we're both on 1.03b, but the checksums are always different, he's KUMH or a variant thereof (LUMH after resigning, back to KUMH after relaunching) and mine is YUSG (XUSG on resign, back to YUSG after relaunching), we've both tried removing all local files from both our Steam folders and Documents, but they always end up being KUMH/YUSG, which seems to be the only difference between our games thus what I've pinned our inability to connect to one another on.

Is there some way for us to ensure our checksums end up being identical?

But Prince-Bishops are excellent vassals if you can get them to like you more than the Pope. If you don't have free investiture, one trick is to give a holding in the province to the Pope, then put a Bishop in charge of the whole county. The bishop and Pope will hate each other because they each want control over the other's holding, so you only ever need to give a single honorary title to get the Prince-Bishop to pay his taxes to you.

LOL, I like it.

Really stupid question, but is there any way to 'form' an empire?

It seems odd to me that even if you have control of multiple kingdoms, it never seems to occur to your leader to adopt the kind of bureaucracy that an empire has (unless I'm retarded, and you actually can).

I seem to lack the means to make my vasalls happy, although I tend to listen to their demands (demnse not too big, gifts, granting cities etc...). As it happens, when I am on a conquest spree, they are getting ever more unhappy although I actually expand their by giving them more land. What am I missing.

Also, it seems to be next to impossible to move to progeniture succession (ie as Duchy Saxon) since it is dependend on Empire laws (for whatever reason....)...

It seems odd to me that even if you have control of multiple kingdoms, it never seems to occur to your leader to adopt the kind of bureaucracy that an empire has (unless I'm retarded, and you actually can).

No. The only empires in the game are the HRE and ERE claiming descent from Rome, the two Caliphates claiming descent from Mohammad, and the various Hordes.

Technically yes, if you mod in an empire. Otherwise no.

i heard there was a Lets Play Crusader Kings 2 put out by the the developers. Does anyone have a link?

Playing as William the Conqueror, I just took over England. I got a message that almost all of my newly acquired holdings are of the "wrong type". What does this mean and how do I fix it? I haven't done anything since taking over (handing out landed titles, ect.)

ck22012-02-2513-43-12-41.jpg

Playing as William the Conqueror, I just took over England. I got a message that almost all of my newly acquired holdings are of the "wrong type". What does this mean and how do I fix it? I haven't done anything since taking over (handing out landed titles, ect.)

As feudal lord you have a certain type of Barony(smallest Holding) which you can 'legitimately' hold w/o issue, these are castles. In conquests like the one you did you'll receive all the lower titles of the land you took, this includes all the baronies which in most counties consist of a Castle(Good), a City(Bad), and an Bishopric/Church(Also bad). Go thru all the new counties you got and right click on the bishoprics and cities and click the button that say "Make new vassal" or something similar. This will generate a new barony level vassal for yourself to run those Wrong types of holding for you while giving you kickbacks and troops(How much is dependent on your laws).

Baronies also count to your Demense or Holdings. I can see you're well above it from the screen shot. Handing out these wrong types should get you below the acceptable limit as well.

Does anyone know any ways of getting people outside your court to like you, other than sending a gold bribe?

Your chancellor can improve relations(first button) in a target.
As well as your Bishop for religious targets(Like the Pope, hint hint).
If you're king or a duke(or even a count, though this is less important), sending your extra children and grand children to be tutored by your vassals or council will give you a +20 relations boost essentially for free. Don't think this applies to Nieces/Nephews or cousins in my experience.

These all require the person to be landed, or in your court for the last one. So if you want to increase relations with so and so courtier in such and such, I don't have a clue.

Last edited:
I formed the Kingdom of Sicily as Apulia and changed my papal investiture crown law to free so I could fix some troublesome bishops while simultaneously disinheriting my sons to prevent my kingdom from splitting up (robert is still rocking at 78 though). When I go to increase my other crown law it just says "you can only change one crown law" so am I completely screwed for the entire time Robert runs Sicily? I have no plots to raise it there's no expiration date on when it wears off. Should I have gone to limited crown authority first then changed the papal succession later? I assume when Robert dies his son will be able to finally change it?

Is there a way to make the heir inherit the vassals with better relations? Or is there a way to quickly improve the relationships with all the vassals?