• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to give a title to someone who isn't your courtier, vassal, or the Pope? I'm playing as Castille and I have an isolated county in southern France that I'd just like to give to the King of France, who is a member of my dynasty, but I cannot find an option for it. Maybe I am just missing the button, but does he really have to declare war on me to get it?

You are correct, it is not allowed to be created.

Open this file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\common\landed_titles.txt"

Change this:
Code:
k_khazaria = {
	color={ 250 184 31 }
	color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 620 #	Itil

# Creation/Usurp Trigger
	allow = {
		always = no
	}

To this:

Code:
k_khazaria = {
	color={ 250 184 31 }
	color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 620 #	Itil

# Creation/Usurp Trigger
	allow = {
		always = yes
	}

That should allow you to create it, but i haven't tried.

Thanks man. You're a game-saver.

I must admit I think it extremly strange not to have it available. In response to many of the wierd things happening in this game, such a relativitly plausible kingdom to be not allowed to be created is, I feel, strange. Anyone want to try an explanation why?

If i marry my son to duchess of another country, he needs to be duke too to prevent him from travelling to his wife court or is count enough ?
also when my son inherits duchy from another country he needs to be a duke before inheritance to transfer lands to my kingdom. If hes a count then he will transfer to that another country to be a duke?
Thanks

would someone please tell me the easiest and quickest ways to make money.

many thanks.

Go to the economics map mode, find the richest (greenest) counties in your realm. Piss off the rulers of those counties (make them court jester, raise their levies, etc) defeat them when they rebel, strip them of their title to the rich county and keep it for yourself :)

If I marry a woman, will that prevent my son from marrying her daughter? I.e. is it possible to marry your step-sibling? They don't seem to show up as siblings in the character screen.

Also when someone has claims that can be passed to a successor, who get them? For example, if someone has such a claim and dies with only daughters, will the claim pass to the eldest daughter? To all of them? If someone has daughters and younger son, would it go to him instead?

Go to the economics map mode, find the richest (greenest) counties in your realm. Piss off the rulers of those counties (make them court jester, raise their levies, etc) defeat them when they rebel, strip them of their title to the rich county and keep it for yourself :)

Or an anti-pope, assuming you're in a Kingdom or have a Kingdom with Free Investiture. Gotta make sure he's likeable to Catholics and you're set! I've had increases of 15-30 gold per month that way. Other's had even more :)

So I had one hell of a session last night, gained a larger realm and good relations with all vassals. King dies and I get a regency and after reaching the age of 8 or something I save and quit. My balance was something like 800 gold. Then when I reload today, I suddenly had over 4000 gold. So eh.... what?

Can you change the main holding in a province?

E.g. Hamburg's main holding is a church and I want it to be a barony, so I can have it for myself without penalties.

So I married a woman with a claim to my courtier and now she's in my court, but I have no casus beli for the claim? What do I have to do to press the claim for her?

I don't think you can press claims for women. You'll have to have your children inherit her claim.

damnit

Does anyone know what file to mod to enable women pressing claims?

Women had less opportunities than a turkey at Christmas back then. If you change things like that then you're putting a realistic slant on the game.

It's up to you, of course, but I just thought I'd say.

Question 1: Is it possible to be King of Byzantium AND Emperor of Byzantium?

Question 2: Why cant we create kings titles as the Byzantine Empire? Lame stuff.

Thanks for any possible answer. :cool:

Question 1: Is it possible to be King of Byzantium AND Emperor of Byzantium?

Question 2: Why cant we create kings titles as the Byzantine Empire? Lame stuff.

Thanks for any possible answer. :cool:

Cause Byzantium was too centralized as an empire to have crowns within the crown

Women had less opportunities than a turkey at Christmas back then. If you change things like that then you're putting a realistic slant on the game.

It's up to you, of course, but I just thought I'd say.

no shit?

Can you change the main holding in a province?

E.g. Hamburg's main holding is a church and I want it to be a barony, so I can have it for myself without penalties.

Only way I know of is to build a castle (if there's room). The main holding can also change through inheritance (e.g. a mayor inheriting the entire county), but I'm not sure how that happens or whether there's a reasonable way to do it on purpose.

With the invasion CB is the war suppossed to end when the attacking King dies?
I thought it did but the King of France died yet the war against me continued, not sure if my game's bugged or not