• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to "watch" a character, so you get informed when he/she comes of age? I'm tired of my relatives' having only daughters, and then letting them have regular marriages. And since it seems impossible to do matrilineal betrothals, I need to know as soon as come of age.
Right mouse button on portrait, the RMB again on a little circle with a head - and turn "the message interest" or something like that there. That would inform you about things with that particular character. Not sure if it says something about age tho.

Okay I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just plain unlucky but I haven't got a single claim since the start of the game and I'm wondering if I got a bug or something since the "chance" of claim gain has been 10% or so per year for about the last 100 years. (The current year is 1122)...

Also, yay for old man being fertile. My liege just got twins at 73years old (with a wife of 20 something with lustful trait).

But seriously the lack if claims is making the game boring now since I'm playing as Ireland and am still stuck with 2 duchies.

[Edit] Okay this is very weird. I can claim a county next to me but the claim does not appear on my liege and since he just got the throne (his father died recently) he couldn't have inherited the claim and I swear there was no message telling me my Councillor had succeed and I haven't touched the messages stuff...

Bug? Or can we get claims another way?

Last edited:
Okay I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just plain unlucky but I haven't got a single claim since the start of the game and I'm wondering if I got a bug or something since the "chance" of claim gain has been 10% or so per year for about the last 100 years. (The current year is 1122)...

Also, yay for old man being fertile. My liege just got twins at 73years old (with a wife of 20 something with lustful trait).

But seriously the lack if claims is making the game boring now since I'm playing as Ireland and am still stuck with 2 duchies.

You aren't doing anything wrong. Essentially, the game rolls a ten sided die each month, and if you get a '1', we'll say, you get the claim. You've just been phenomenally unlucky. :(

1. Does having an anti-pope make the invasion cb unavailable?

2. Are there any penalties for having more than one king title? Im very close to crowning myself king of Italy, Jerusalem, and probably Leon.

3. Is it possible to convert the Emperor of Byzantium to Catholicism? I want to excommunicate him/invade his territory.

I believe so, yes.
2. Are there any penalties for having more than one king title? Im very close to crowning myself king of Italy, Jerusalem, and probably Leon.

Your dukes will all 'Desire the Kingdom of X' in all your various kingdoms making it difficult to maintain good relations.

----------------

What is the formula for how much tax a vassal pays? I have a city that says 16.4 tax and I have the Large taxation law (35%). In my vassal list it reports he pays me 6.2. His opinion of me is 68. My State Stewardship is 42. (11 from me, 8 from spouse, 23 from councilor)

He's paying me roughly 9.26% more than he should and I assume that's due to my stewardship. I know the more they hate you the less they pay, but is their bonus from opinion above 0 or is it a flat amount at 0 and up + stewardship bonus?

Last edited:

Don't know, haven't tried yet.

Inherently no. But like claiming duchies when you have count vassals all the Dukes within that de jure kingdom are going to want that title themselves and thus you'll take a minor relations hit with them and be subject to plots to take the crown.

3. Is it possible to convert the Emperor of Byzantium to Catholicism? I want to excommunicate him/invade his territory.

I have not seen any mechanic to change someones religion other then education or from a courtier/bishop who is another religon.

Playing as Kingdom of France (Agnatic Primogeniture), my heir is a Duke in the Kingdom of Norway. What is going to happen when he inherits the crown of France? Does his Duchy break away from Norway and become part of France, or is France going to become sort of client kingdom of Norway?

Playing as Kingdom of France (Agnatic Primogeniture), my heir is a Duke in the Kingdom of Norway. What is going to happen when he inherits the crown of France? Does his Duchy break away from Norway and become part of France, or is France going to become sort of client kingdom of Norway?

The duchy will become, de facto, part of France.

The former I would think unless Norway has High or Absolute Crown Authority, then you should just get the French Holdings.

While I was busy fighting my relatives to protect the interests of our son, my wife decided to get busy with hers in a different way. Now that she and her accursed uncle/lover/liege have brought yet another inbred Doukas into the world, I'm wondering what will happen if he legitimizes the child. Will she be in line to inherit my wife's duchies in the ERE?

While I was busy fighting my relatives to protect the interests of our son, my wife decided to get busy with hers in a different way. Now that she and her accursed uncle/lover/liege have brought yet another inbred Doukas into the world, I'm wondering what will happen if he legitimizes the child. Will she be in line to inherit my wife's duchies in the ERE?

I'm not certain, but I think yes. If the succession law of the duchy allows females (Agnatic-Cognatic) than a legitimised bastard daughter can inherit. If succession is elective you can swing the vote against her.
Check what the law of the duchy is. Go to the character pane of your wife, mouse over the shield of her duchy and it will tell you her heirs.

Can the children of a Queen/King Consort inherit? Under what circumstances?

In my game (Agnatic-Cognatic elective in all realms involved) I married my Norwegian Prince Heir (my half-brother) to a Danish Princess. The Danish Princess is now Queen of Denmark and my Norwegian Prince Heir is her Consort. Their only son (my nephew and of my dynasty) is second in line for the Danish throne (and I can assassinate the duke ahead of him if need be).
However, I don't seem to be able to nominate my Norwegian Prince/Consort half-brother or his son (my nephew) as my heir. What gives? What could be stopping me from doing that?
And if becoming a Royal Consort removes the character and their children from eligible succession, how am I too diplomatically merge two kingdoms under my rule?

I'm not certain, but I think yes. If the succession law of the duchy allows females (Agnatic-Cognatic) than a legitimised bastard daughter can inherit. If succession is elective you can swing the vote against her.
Check what the law of the duchy is. Go to the character pane of your wife, mouse over the shield of her duchy and it will tell you her heirs.
Yes, the succession line of her duchy does allow females. Some of my daughters are in line.

And at the moment, the bastard isn't in line. But her father also hasn't recognized her as legit. I'm afraid he will, and then start spamming assassination attempts at my sons, since I'm sure the last thing he wants is for his most powerful vassal to slip out of the empire. Better an inbred Doukas than a Norman Catholic.

On 2nd thought though, wouldn't it be odd that he can legitimize the bastard not just with regard to his own line succession, but also for my wife's? I guess it makes sense since he's the emperor, but it still seems odd and she's his vassal.

what do i have to do in order for a claimant to consider me able to press claims? does it have to do with military might and/or proximity to the land?

Is it ever possible to invite a claimant to court by simply having them like me a lot with gold bribes n shit?

@pplaza, if you can;t press their claims you are probably the one with the titles, at least the is what happened in my games. And yes, you can invite people if they like you enough and hate their own liege.

I'm certain I don't own the title that's claimed.

So it's only opinion that decides whether they move or not then?

I seem to have found a problem and I don't know how to fix it.

I have too many demesnes in my name so I have had to promote some people to barons etc. I can't find anything I want to lose and that's how I discovered this problem.

The county of Salerno is held by Lord Mayor Simon but it says the county capital 'holder is of wrong holding type'. Now normally this is easily fixed by putting someone in that position, but in this case I can't seem to do so.

I have given Lord Mayor Simon the weak county of Taranto, so that solves one demesne, but I still have one to go. Putting someone is as Count of Salerno would be my preferred by I can't find an option to do it. I then noticed that giving Simon Taranto has made him Lord Mayor of Taranto too, and now Taranto is falling foul of the 'wrong holder' clause.

ck2_2.jpg

Is there anything I can do to solve this or is it not something to worry about? Am I losing money and/or troops from Salerno and Taranto with this clause active? I get no message about it on the top bar, and I usually do if I take a county and I am the wrong holder for a city or bishopric.

Is there a place where the game log is stored? I'm considering writing an AAR again, and my old EU2 and Vicky AARs with written with the aid of the history written to their saved games or external history logs. I can't find anything similar in CK2 (this is the Steam edition, but I don't see it in either the Steam folders or the CK2 folder created in My Documents).

Is there a place where the game log is stored? I'm considering writing an AAR again, and my old EU2 and Vicky AARs with written with the aid of the history written to their saved games or external history logs. I can't find anything similar in CK2 (this is the Steam edition, but I don't see it in either the Steam folders or the CK2 folder created in My Documents).

I don't think so. There was a thread asking about this in the last week and no one mentioned a log. Plenty of people were asking for a history outline similat to EU3 though.

I've pretty much given up on my AAR becasue I forgot to write down what was happening and I couldn't remember enough details to keep the story as close to truth as I'd like.

It's something that's needed.

On the "create the kingdom of Khazaria" page it has a tag where usually there is "Is christian" or "Is muslim" where it says "never". Does it really mean that noone can create the kingdom of Khazaria, it just sits there because bugger all, that's why? Or am I missing something here?

If it indeed is so, PLEASE tell me there is a way to change this.

On the "create the kingdom of Khazaria" page it has a tag where usually there is "Is christian" or "Is muslim" where it says "never". Does it really mean that noone can create the kingdom of Khazaria, it just sits there because bugger all, that's why? Or am I missing something here?

If it indeed is so, PLEASE tell me there is a way to change this.

You are correct, it is not allowed to be created.

Open this file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\common\landed_titles.txt"

Change this:
Code:
k_khazaria = {
	color={ 250 184 31 }
	color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 620 #	Itil

# Creation/Usurp Trigger
	allow = {
		always = no
	}

To this:

Code:
k_khazaria = {
	color={ 250 184 31 }
	color2={ 255 255 255 }

capital = 620 #	Itil

# Creation/Usurp Trigger
	allow = {
		always = yes
	}

That should allow you to create it, but i haven't tried.